Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MST3K - The Satellite of Love

Mystery Science Theater 3000

I looked all over, and could not find a thread for MST3K! I think this wonderful show deserves it's own thread for discussion on the show, and also RiffTrax. What are some of your favorite eps, scenes, jokes, characters, songs...anything!

I have so many good memories of this show. Waking up early on Saturday, and sitting there with my bowl of cereal just giggling my head off. I think some of my favorites were the Gamera episodes. I really wish those would come out on dvd, because my old vhs tapes are about done for

"Gamera is really neat, he is filled with turtle meat, we believe in Ga-mer-aaaaaaa! spam spam spam spam"

good stuff

Last edited by loserinc; 15 July 2011, 09:08 PM.
    sigpic

Never even heard of it untill you posted this
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

O.O you've never seen MST3K? Oooh, it was so wonderful! It was a guy and his two robots stuck on a spaceship by an evil scientist and forced to watch bad movies! They made comments all the way through the movie, did skits, and sometimes songs. It was highly amusing

They do RiffTrax now, which is audio that you can put with movies, but it's just not the same, still funny, but *sigh*
      sigpic

Comment

Never seen it either but I doubt it airs in the USA
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It doesn't anymore. It's only available on DVD now, or sometimes can find the old tapes circulating (wow, now that makes me sound like a geek) It's really a shame it got cancelled, even more of a shame that it's not on any networks. Would think that at least HUB would pick it up.

I'm actually surprised that people haven't seen it.....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by loserinc View Post

http://forum.gateworld.net/member.php?u=31584

closest i can get
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

*stunned* I honestly thought the show was more popular....
              sigpic

Comment

MST3K!!!! I loved that show! So wonderful!

Originally posted by loserinc View Post
                It doesn't anymore. It's only available on DVD now, or sometimes can find the old tapes circulating (wow, now that makes me sound like a geek) It's really a shame it got cancelled, even more of a shame that it's not on any networks. Would think that at least HUB would pick it up.

It's also on Netflix. I've been having all sorts of fun since I got the account watching old episodes.
                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Oh yeah, I watched a ton on Netflix, forgot all about that! I really wish the Gamera eps would come out ,as well as the Godzilla ones. I still think to this day though, one of my favorites is still Pumaman, not on DVD yet that I know of, but I have it with Devil Fish on VHS
                  sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I've watched MST3K on occasion. I haven't seen it in a very long time but the "retelling" of various B&W sci-fi was always a hoot.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's one of my all time favorites. I need a VCR lol, I've probably got a good 60 eps on VHS that I recorded from tv...oh so long ago

Please tell me people remember VCRs....I can't be that old
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by loserinc
                          It's one of my all time favorites. I need a VCR lol, I've probably got a good 60 eps on VHS that I recorded from tv...oh so long ago

Please tell me people remember VCRs....I can't be that old
                          Never fear. You are not the only one of age here. I remember MST3K well. Never watched it while it aired (we didn't get those channels at the time), but I've watched several of the videos (and owned a couple VHS copies myself).

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            Never seen it either but I doubt it airs in the USA
                            This contradicts your post in the "Do <" thread.
                            sigpic

Comment

There is a vhs tape somewhere around here. It is my mom's
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X