This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roswell (TV series) movie?

Roswell was an obscure science-fiction teen drama that aired for three years (1999-2002). Back in 2002, there was talk among the cast and crew about possibly putting together a movie to wrap up loose ends. Granted, the last seven episodes did a phenomenal job of ending the show. Still, there's potential for a movie, no? Given the show's obscurity and that it was aimed at a teenage audience, I don't see it happening as a feature film. It just wasn't that popular. However, what about a direct-to-video release? Surely the DVD's sold well enough for that to work. Alternatively, a TV movie for FOX? If successful, there could be a series of TV films such as CBS's Jesse Stone TV film series.

Thoughts?

Doubt it. Too obscure. Plus, a couple of the actors have moved on to bigger and better things and probably wouldn't be interested in going back to a teen show.

Also, Katherine Heigl has turned into a colossally self-important drama queen.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Back in 2002, almost all of the cast said they'd be willing to do some kind of movie. Yes, they've all moved on since then, but remember... a TV movie can be filmed in under a month. It's just a matter of interest and everyone being available at the same time. There's no expensive sets to rebuild, and given the series finale... the story could take place anywhere. Even if it did see a return to Roswell, New Mexico; I think the only set they'd have to rebuild is the Crashdown cafe.

Comment

I doubt it would ever happen. Perhaps it's just me, but I remember Roswell going down hill during the third (and final) season. It's also been nearly 10 years since the show ended. I think there is a better chance of someone remaking it than it being given a movie, especially after all this time. I know some shows can be saved on DVD sales and the commitment of fans trying to bring it back, but I can't see it being done.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
          Back in 2002, almost all of the cast said they'd be willing to do some kind of movie. Yes, they've all moved on since then, but remember... a TV movie can be filmed in under a month. It's just a matter of interest and everyone being available at the same time. There's no expensive sets to rebuild, and given the series finale... the story could take place anywhere. Even if it did see a return to Roswell, New Mexico; I think the only set they'd have to rebuild is the Crashdown cafe.
          That was 9 1/2 years ago...thing could've changed...
          sigpic

Comment

It's been ten years, but so what? Star Trek had a three-year-run from 1966-69. Star Trek: The Motion Picture came out in 1979, ten years later. All of the actors reprised their roles, and the storyline continued. The same could happen to Roswell, no?

Comment

It's been ten years, but so what? Star Trek had a three-year-run from 1966-69. Star Trek: The Motion Picture came out in 1979, ten years later. All of the actors reprised their roles, and the storyline continued. The same could happen to Roswell, no?
              Oh...forgive me...I wasn't aware that 2002-2011=10. But anyway...Trek is so much bigger than Roswell. Even back then there was more to Trek.
              sigpic

Comment

While the idea sounds promising, I'm not sure how realistic it is. I'd love to revisit those characters and that lovely universe, but it's been so long since its end that I can't really see it happening... Most of the actors have moved on, everyone has grown up, and there probably isn't a large enough audience for it anymore. If it ever happened I'd jump on board immediately, but right now it seems unlikely.

If you’re in need for more Roswell, I recommend checking these novels out. After the series finale four books were written with help from the show’s creators in an effort to tie up loose ends and conclude the franchise. They’re fairly rare nowadays and quite expensive, but if you do get your hands on them I wholeheartedly recommend them! I thought they were extremely satisfying and well written. Here are the links below:

#1 New Beginnings: http://www.amazon.com/Roswell-New-Be...f=cm_lmf_tit_5
                #2 Nightscape: http://www.amazon.com/Nightscape-Ros...f=cm_lmf_tit_6
                #3 Pursuit: http://www.amazon.com/Pursuit-Roswel...f=cm_lmf_tit_7
                #4 Turnabout: http://www.amazon.com/Turnabout-Rosw...f=cm_lmf_tit_8

Comment

as cool as that would be, it ended so long ago. and like people have said the actors have all moved on. but if they did ever make a movie i'd definetly see it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Loved the series, but the chances of a movie are next to none. As was said, a remake is far more likely... but I doubt even that'll happen any time soon.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                      Loved the series, but the chances of a movie are next to none. As was said, a remake is far more likely... but I doubt even that'll happen any time soon.
                      I concur
                      sigpic

Comment

no, not a chance, i can't believe that this is even really a question
                        sigpic

Comment

Another show with a ****ty ending. This needed a 13 episode final season with them going home & on their home planet taking it back

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                            Another show with a ****ty ending. This needed a 13 episode final season with them going home & on their home planet taking it back
                            I agree...but I don't see that happening either...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                              Why 13 episodes? As it stands, we got 7 episodes to wrap up the series. The ending really began in "Ch-Ch-Changes" and culminated with a grand climax in "Four Aliens and a Baby" and "Graduation." Was that not a good way to end the series? Granted, there was the futile hope of a fourth season or a movie, so the door was left open to new adventures. I think the characters' youth necessitated an open ending.

Season 3
                              12 "Ch-Ch-Changes"
                              13 "Panacea"
                              14 "Chant Down Babylon"
                              15 "Who Died and Made You King?"
                              16 "Crash"
                              17 "Four Aliens and a Baby"
                              18 "Graduation" (series finale)

How would you have ended it?

As for those who say a remake is more likely... I don't think so. The show's storylines were in a constant state of flux. I don't see how you could cram everything into one movie unless the idea is to do a film series.

ProphecyBoy, I'm aware of the books. If they were affordable, I'd check them out. However, as much as I like the show; I'm just not willing to spend hundreds of dollars on four books. I'd rather be satisfied with "Graduation" as the ending.

Comment

Working...
                              X