Outcasts ( on BBC America)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outcasts ( on BBC America)

Outcasts is the new Sci-fi series appearing on the BBCA next week. Is anybody here going to catch it?

I saw it earlier in the year here in Britain.

It's okay. Probaly 3/5 for me. Nothing special, but good TV nonetheless.

However,

Spoiler:
    It has been cancelled. There will be only 8 episodes.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...on-Speculation
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I have my DVR set to record it. With so few Sci-fi shows on TV, I'm pretty much willing to give anything a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMann101 View Post
          However,

Spoiler:
          It has been cancelled. There will be only 8 episodes.
          Still worth watching?
          sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed it, and am a bit mad it didn't get a second season.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yeh probably worth watching.

It was probably good enough to get a 2nd season, and got better at the end.

Got cancelled due to (very) low ratings (on a big channel like BBC, that's hard to do, as there are no adverts).

Comment

I've been waitng for it to show up on BBC America. Read a little bit on the other thread, but didn't want to be spoiled.

By the way, does anyone know if Survivor got renewed or are we left in limbo on that show too?
                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                  I've been waitng for it to show up on BBC America. Read a little bit on the other thread, but didn't want to be spoiled.

By the way, does anyone know if Survivor got renewed or are we left in limbo on that show too?
                  Limbo. From what I read series 2 was put off and when it came back on, there wasn't much word about it. So many fans didn't know it was back. And what a cliffhanger that was!

Canada's Space is also going to air Outcasts. It's taking the Doctor Who time slot of Saturdays at 8pm EST. I know it's kaput too, but hey, it's sci-fi.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                    Outcasts is the new Sci-fi series appearing on the BBCA next week. Is anybody here going to catch it?
                    yep, set up to watch it...sadly, there's not a hell of a lot on
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Hey guys Falling Skies start tomorrow!
                      The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

So I watched the 1st ep tonight. Just ok. Wasn't all that impressed. I could see all the various plot twists and story lines and secrets that might develop, but at the same time was disappointed that it looks like they just transferred all there violence and power hungry people and malcontents etc from Earth to Carpathia.

I didn't really know what the show was about before I started watching it so maybe that's the problem. I was expecting something more along the lines of Survivor (which I liked) as opposed to just an Earth based society set on another planet with not much really different.

And I keep wondering if they are so primitive where are they getting all the power to run all that fancy equipment in the control room. Seems to me you would be conserving power if you don't know if you are ever going to be getting any more help.
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                          So I watched the 1st ep tonight. Just ok. Wasn't all that impressed. I could see all the various plot twists and story lines and secrets that might develop, but at the same time was disappointed that it looks like they just transferred all there violence and power hungry people and malcontents etc from Earth to Carpathia.
                          That's what humans are like, generally.

Comment

IIRC, there were 2 seasons of Survivors, 6 episodes each, but that's it. and it ended on a sorta cliffie.

outcasts seemed okay, but not thrilling, not yet anyway.

i have a bad feeling about the time i figure out what's going on it'll be over
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I was a bit disappointed in Outcasts last night
                              But I have to watch another one to see if it was me......or the show.
                              no means no, and so does pepper spray
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X