Iron Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Sky

Anyone else heard of this movie production? It's about how a bunch of Nazi's left Earth to hide out on the Moon. In 2018 they are coming back...

Various trailers for the movies may be found on Youtube or here:

http://www.ironsky.net/site/

The film has been in production since 2006, is pretty much all donation funded and appears to be set for release in 2012.

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Yeah I've been following this one for a while. It's a sci-fi comedy. I would have preferred to see a more serious take on it because it's quite an interesting concept...to me at least. Looking forward to it though, the couple of teasers they have out are pretty neat.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by dacooker
    The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Star Wreck was one of the funniest fan-made films I've ever seen, and basically the same crew is behind this one.
      sigpic

Comment

I saw this a few months ago.

Through back then when I read about it, it sound like a more serious take on the story rather than a comedy.
        We shall see how it turns out.

Comment

Yup. I've been waiting on this one, too.

This and WETA's 'Panzer 88' look quite interesting.
          sigpic

Comment

I also saw this a while back, but was a little disappointed to find out it is comedy. The idea is interesting and I would have liked to see a serious take on it.
            sigpic

Comment

I've been looking forward to this as well.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc

The final trailer for this........Look who the President is......
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                  I also saw this a while back, but was a little disappointed to find out it is comedy. The idea is interesting and I would have liked to see a serious take on it.

How can you possibly be serious about Nazi flying saucers from the dark side of the Moon?

Comment

at 'all presidents who start a war in there first term get re-elected'
                    sigpic
                    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Poster for the movie.....

http://users.on.net/~aviannix37/ironskyposter.jpg
                      Last edited by Coco Pops; 08 May 2012, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        How can you possibly be serious about Nazi flying saucers from the dark side of the Moon?
                        You can say that about any story.

How can you take seriously a spacecraft a 1/3ed of the size of the moon just showing up in orbit.

How can you take seriously a 2nd Earth just popping out above the sky.

A big blue man who likes to walk around naked is the most powerful being on the planet, perhaps the universe.

How can you take seriously a metal circle, powered by a couple of lorries can open up wormholes to the far corners of the galaxy.

Or a warddrope opening a doorway into a different world, one where god is a lion, the land ruled by talking animals, and a ice queen.

A skill writer draws the audience in and make them believe and take seriously the story you are telling them, no matter how fantastic or silly a story is, if that the way you want to tell your story. It does not really matter what the basic concept of that story is, Nazi far side of the Moon, Alien from Mars (a concept shown of screen seriously by more than a few film), a man turning into a spider through the use of a teleporter. A good story teller can make the audience take any story seriously.
                        Last edited by knowles2; 25 February 2012, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                          You can say that about any story.

How can you take seriously a spacecraft a 1/3ed of the size of the moon just showing up in orbit.

How can you take seriously a 2nd Earth just popping out above the sky.

A big blue man who likes to walk around naked is the most powerful being on the planet, perhaps the universe.

A skill writer draws the audience in and make them believe and take seriously the story you telling them, if that the way you want to tell your story. It does not really matter what the basic concept of that story is, Nazi far side of the Moon, Alien from Mars (a concept shown of screen seriously by more than a few film), a man turning into a spider through the use of a teleporter. A good story teller can make the audience take any story seriously.
                          all very well........
                          but why must it be serious?

just for the record i'm not against a serious story regarding this particular plot....... but damnit! nazi moon men sounds like just so much fun
                          sigpic
                          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                          -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                            all very well........
                            but why must it be serious?

just for the record i'm not against a serious story regarding this particular plot....... but damnit! nazi moon men sounds like just so much fun
                            In this case I think it the obvious route to take and the easiest. The more interest rout to have take was to take this plot seriously.

I am not a fan of comedies sci fi either, they tend to be crap.

Comment

unlucky for you then i guess.
                              sigpic
                              EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                              -Liberty Prime

Comment

Working...
                              X