Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU vs. Sanctuary (spoilers for everything)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU vs. Sanctuary (spoilers for everything)

Stargate: Universe: I checked out the "Air" trilogy when the show began, but it was terribly boring. I never watched another episode. With Stargate effectively over, I'm thinking of giving it a go. Where as SG is over for mostly everyone here, I've still 37 episodes I've never seen.

Sanctuary: I loved the first season. The second season lost me a little bit, mostly because of the death of Ashley. I also got jaded by excessive dialog over the spooky atmosphere of the first season.

I like both shows, so my question is... which would you recommend I dive into first? SGU or Sanctuary's third season?

Thanks for the input, folks.

Go watch SGU on Hulu or Netflix. It's different from the rest of StarGate but pretty good. The ending came way too soon, and a lot of stuff was left hanging, but they did a pretty good job of wrapping it up considering it was supposed to be a 5 season show.

Sanctuary will end it's current season soon, and has been renewed for a fourth season (fortunately this was done early in the season before its ratings tanked).

Comment

SGU and Sanctuary at the same time

Comment

Ekras: You've recommended both shows, and I plan to watch both, but... which would you recommend I dive into first? You left that part out.

General Jumper One: I was thinking about diving into both, perhaps alternating every few episodes.

Comment

SANCTUARY Season 3 first!!! It's awesome!
          sigpic

Comment

Watch SGU first- this will give Sanctuary time to finish the current season so you don't have to wait for new episodes.

Comment

I don't have marathon viewings. I'd probably just watch one episode a night at most. If I started now, the season would probably finish before I catch up.

Comment

SGU, it leagues above Sanctuary in every area.

Comment

Why do you prefer SGU over Sanctuary? Specifically, Sanctuary's third season. I've already seen the first two.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                    [

I like both shows, so my question is... which would you recommend I dive into first? SGU or Sanctuary's third season?

why not just watch both? watch one sgu ep, then a sanctuary ep after.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

I've considered it, but I'm probably going to blow through a whole season of one or the other. Maybe I'll watch SGU's first season, Sanctuary's third season, then SGU's second season. Hmm... Then this fall, new Sanctuary episodes. Actually, that might be the way to go. What say ya'll?

Comment

I've considered it, but I'm probably going to blow through a whole season of one or the other. Maybe I'll watch SGU's first season, Sanctuary's third season, then SGU's second season. Hmm... Then this fall, new Sanctuary episodes. Actually, that might be the way to go. What say ya'll?
                        i say doith it yourith way!
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

No matter what you do, watch SGU's "Light".

Comment

Well that would depend on how long it will take you to watch. Unless your watching an episode a day that should buy you enough time to wait out Sanctuarys current season.

Comment

Stargate: Universe: I checked out the "Air" trilogy when the show began, but it was terribly boring. I never watched another episode. With Stargate effectively over, I'm thinking of giving it a go. Where as SG is over for mostly everyone here, I've still 37 episodes I've never seen.

Sanctuary: I loved the first season. The second season lost me a little bit, mostly because of the death of Ashley. I also got jaded by excessive dialog over the spooky atmosphere of the first season.

with SGU, I'd say you've already made up your mind
                              why not watch what you want?
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                              X