This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Target Syfy in the pocket?

I am not sure if this has been suggested, but maybe SyFy will decide to listen to its fans if its fans start to target companies that advertise on it saying they will be boycotting their products.

The last thing big companies want is a headache because of association with one channel when they could probably just get as much of a response advertising elsewhere.

I see two problems with that.

First is that it'd only damage the odds of renewal for shows that you're 'targeting'. Boycotting a show's advertiser won't save said show from cancellation, only undermine it further.

Second, you'd have to find sizeable numbers of people willing to go along with it. And good luck with that.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I see two problems with that.

First is that it'd only damage the odds of renewal for shows that you're 'targeting'. Boycotting a show's advertiser won't save said show from cancellation, only undermine it further.

Second, you'd have to find sizeable numbers of people willing to go along with it. And good luck with that.

After what syfy has done these last few months... I think that will be the easiest part.
      sigpic

Comment

Do you really think these companies will care about a handful of outraged SGU fans?

I'm just being realistic. For something like this to work you need huge numbers of people and publicity.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
          [/B]

After what syfy has done these last few months... I think that will be the easiest part.
          Networks cancel shows every season. For fans who are ticked off thier are ones who are content
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by peterJS View Post
            I am not sure if this has been suggested, but maybe SyFy will decide to listen to its fans if its fans start to target companies that advertise on it saying they will be boycotting their products.

The last thing big companies want is a headache because of association with one channel when they could probably just get as much of a response advertising elsewhere.
            That might work for getting rid of a show but I've never heard of it working for keeping a show.

If you want to keep the show, you'd be better off writing to the advertisers and telling them you don't watch much tv but you watch this show and you saw their ad and bought there product. Be sure to include a receipt for the purchase. You want to give SyFy and the advertisers a reason to keep the show, not be annoyed by it's viewers.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Working...
            X