Computer Avatar: Android or Cyborg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer Avatar: Android or Cyborg?

Imagine a massive building-size computer far more intelligent than the smartest human being to ever live. Not superior, just smarter. In order to gain mobility and the ability to interact with people, it designs an avatar and has a machine shop of some kind construct it. What makes for a more interesting avatar, an android or a cyborg?

Android.

To be a cyborg, it would require organic parts. I believe it would be better to create something that looks human rather than freaking people out with organic parts. A machine seems harmless, a cyborg just seems Terminatorish.

sigpic

Comment

Well, it depends on how much more intelligent it is. It might use both, or neither instead using some projection. The android is sturdier but the cyborg allows it to experience the human condition more directly.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        Android. To be a cyborg, it would require organic parts. I believe it would be better to create something that looks human rather than freaking people out with organic parts. A machine seems harmless, a cyborg just seems Terminatorish.
        A cyborg may seem Terminatorish, but to me... it makes for a better disguise. He can bleed, cry, drink and eat, breath, urinate and defecate; he would seem human unless you performed a very thorough medical examination. An android, to me, would be too easy to spot. A life-like android may even border disturbingly creepy at best.

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
        Well, it depends on how much more intelligent it is. It might use both, or neither instead using some projection. The android is sturdier but the cyborg allows it to experience the human condition more directly.
        A projection would rely on a projector. An android would be sturdier and more resistant to damage, but it would also require access to a repair facility when it did get damaged. An android would give direct access to the human condition and be easier to repair. Flesh heals, and there could be nanites to repair the synthetic side.

Comment

Working...
        X