Baby "Dale"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby "Dale"

Do you think parks named their first born Dale cause she had some feelings for him left over, or was it more cause of "honoring him"?

Honouring him. He was their friend and an all around okay guy.

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Comment

friendship

i would happily name my first born as a couple of my friends if given the chance.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Their was never any indication Park was receptive nor knowledgable of Volkner's feelings towards her. However we have seen they were friends as astrophysitists
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

He was the first person the die on Novus, there was probably a few Dales floating around
          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Because they were friends and they honored him

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Do you think parks named their first born Dale cause she had some feelings for him left over, or was it more cause of "honoring him"?
              Park and Greer were both close friends with Volker so I'd say it'd be honoring him. I doubt Volker ever told her his feelings for her as he's the kind of guy who wouldn't want to get in the way of Park's relationship with Greer.
              Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 26 April 2011, 08:37 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

I find it interesting that Park was the one to come screaming for help when Volker fell ill. Also, during the funeral, Park was nowhere near Greer. I assumed that they were becoming intimate once on the planet until he died. Even on his deathbed, her care for him seemed more than what one would expect from a friend.

Comment

Honouring dead folk is cool - Park's friend Dale, Chloe's father Alan... I hope Eli or someone named one of their sons Hunter. That would've been cool.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I thought it was a great way to honor Volker. Also, makes a great story to tell the kids and grandkids.
                    Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
                    Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
                    Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
                    Vicious

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                      I hope Eli or someone named one of their sons Hunter.
                      Amen to that. Some semblance of Riley needs to have survived on Novus, if only just a name or a story.
                      sigpic

Comment

so do you guys think there were a lot of Simon's and David's running around?
                        I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                          so do you guys think there were a lot of Simon's and David's running around?
                          I think certain names will have greater meaning and weight with people than others. Though it's not mentioned in the episode, Eli's grandson (the principal of the new school) was named Matthew Wallace in the end credits. Obviously the close ties with Chloe and Matt were reflected there. I don't know if Simon or David would be that significant.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes!
                            Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
                            Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
                            Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
                            Vicious

Comment

I'm blanking on Simon. Like, really blanking. Why Simon?

David is Telford... Simon Franklin? Simon Spencer? Simon Simeon? Very confused.
                              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Working...
                              X