Stuff that bugged me in 'Epilogue'...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuff that bugged me in 'Epilogue'...

• How did Yazoo(sp.) know about ALS? Unless it is a genetic thing curable thing like smallpox, then I cannot fathom how he knows this tidbit of data.
    • Varro took a deeeeeeeep fall. It would have required at least 5+ minutes for Young to analyze his condition for fractures / concusions before moving him especially with a rope tied around the waist area hoisted upwards.
    • Vulkur's words to Rush about the crew doing well without him, felt like a slap to the face. Vulkur didn't last that long into the founding of the settlement / establishment. Did he have the right to confront Rush like that? Rush found a lime replacement for current survivability. That had to have count for noble cause for the present (but could be cowardice to us audience knowing how Rush is for the most part)
    • Everythings' falling into place far too coincidentally. i.e. Destiny arriving just in time to get stuff just as the planet / city is deteriorating and lost forever. As if there's a puppet master watching (either this galaxys' ancients or some higher power).

That's all I have so far.... I was following the 'common descent' thread rather than create individual topics.

Thoughts?

1. Yaozu knows about ALS because it is a condition passed on to TJ's descendents. With such a small gene pool, it was no doubt quite prevalent throughout their society.

2. The alternative was leaving him to die. Lesser of two evils. They were on the clock.

3. Rush had been moody the entire freaking time. Someone had to say it, and Volker caught on first.

4. Don't even start on this unless you plan to level the same complaint on every piece of fiction, ever.

Comment

Agreed on 1, 2 and 4.
      As for 3. I am hoping someone at least thanks rush for what he did..

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
        1. Yaozu knows about ALS because it is a condition passed on to TJ's descendents. With such a small gene pool, it was no doubt quite prevalent throughout their society.

2. The alternative was leaving him to die. Lesser of two evils. They were on the clock.

3. Rush had been moody the entire freaking time. Someone had to say it, and Volker caught on first.

4. Don't even start on this unless you plan to level the same complaint on every piece of fiction, ever.
        1.) Yup.

2.) Yup.

3.) Yup. I mentioned that very thing in last week's forums. I are schmart.

4.) Yup.

I was also a bit annoyed at how big a settlement they had, how much wood they had cut, and how nice and even it all looked. Yes, they have engineers, and they know where various deposits of metal were, still it looked a bit too "clean cut" for my tastes. Granted this is the fault of the site they chose to shoot the episode, still it was a bit too good looking.

regards,
        G.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

What bugged me is why Destiny isnt out there looking the novan ships, like surely they could travel back and forth between novus and the colonial for months trying to find that ship recharging at the stars as they go... I doubt anyone on board would have a probably with doing everything they could to save TJs life.
          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
            What bugged me is why Destiny isnt out there looking the novan ships, like surely they could travel back and forth between novus and the colonial for months trying to find that ship recharging at the stars as they go... I doubt anyone on board would have a probably with doing everything they could to save TJs life.
            because all the jumps they would have to do could burn out the engines, we don't know how fast they are or their exact trajectory, they need to continue on with the mission

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
              because all the jumps they would have to do could burn out the engines, we don't know how fast they are or their exact trajectory, they need to continue on with the mission
              And even if they paced the engines, it could take years to find the ships, and that's assuming they even left a basic flightplan. One course correction and those ships are lost forever until they reach their destination.

Comment

On number 2, if there was even the remote chance that Varro could live, he's the last of the LA on board Destiny, so I'm certain Young would do anything he could to save him. Especially since he knows TJ is smitten with him. He COULD have just left him to die so he could get the girl, but that would make him the mustache-twirling villain, since he tried that trick once before and it bit him in the butt.

Comment

What really bugged me was, what type of advanced nation, keeps there data storage inside a cement wall. What happens if a drive fails? You have to rip out the entire wall?

Comment

I'd imagine the drive is removable, just not very portable. The drives are probably massive, way bigger than the shuttles could hope to carry. They're probably too big to even get out the room in one piece.

Comment

I have no problems with what was mentionned above. What did strike me as very implausible is that they needed to stay around after they had started their uplink. When I click the download button I don't need to physically stay around either the source or the target...

IF they had to download multiple files, then with the ease Eli claimed he whipped up a compression program he could have just as easily put in some sort of friendly trojan allowing them remote access... in fact if you can download remotely then the source is functioning as some sort of server, so you should be able to access the root directories remotely anyway

Basically I just can't imagine a civilization's noah's ark of knowledge could be that clunky to use remotely... except for the fact that if they had been more logical the plot would have been inconvenienced
                      I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Only thing that bugged me in "Epilogue" and "Common Descent" before that was men refusing to grow facial hair. Come on. They had tons of hard work to do, everybody were dirty and exhausted, yet they were perfectly shaved.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                          Only thing that bugged me in "Epilogue" and "Common Descent" before that was men refusing to grow facial hair. Come on. They had tons of hard work to do, everybody were dirty and exhausted, yet they were perfectly shaved.
                          That was most likely military discipline and enforced throughout the settlement to increase productivity.

As for me, well the only thing that annoys me is EVERY FREAKING EPISODE SOMEONE POSTS A THREAD LIKE THIS PICKING AT THIS AND ****ING THAT, DONT WATCH THE ******* SHOW IF ALL YOUR GONNA DO AFTERWARDS IS COME ON HERE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE MOTHER ****ING THING ..

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                            That was most likely military discipline and enforced throughout the settlement to increase productivity.
                            Okay, I can go with that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Egle,

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                              Good point. I doubt electric razors are going to be very practical and when they're still using wooden tools what the hell are they shaving with? Practically speaking the facial hair doesn't work because they didn't have time in filming to allow the cast to grow beards. And paste on beards look fake.

Nth C,

Nitpicking is a time honored tradition among the geek community. Just let it go.
                              All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Working...
                              X