PDA

View Full Version : Did the Novans do it like the Goa'uld?

tomstone
April 26th, 2011, 01:52 PM
I was just thinking, how probable is it that the People that fled the Planet took the Gate with them? With the time their Journey would take, it would be useful to have a Gateconnection to a few Planets.

The reason they never connected to their Camps again might be that they are simply out of range.

Ukko
April 26th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Eli said the gate had been lost in the lava decades ago.

taff
April 26th, 2011, 01:56 PM
but if they had a ship to put the gate on would they not have gone to the camps

morbosfist
April 26th, 2011, 01:58 PM
If they had a gate they would have never built the ships. They'd have walked.

tomstone
April 26th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Oh, thats right. My mistake.

Vicious
April 28th, 2011, 01:06 AM
I was just thinking, how probable is it that the People that fled the Planet took the Gate with them? With the time their Journey would take, it would be useful to have a Gateconnection to a few Planets.

The reason they never connected to their Camps again might be that they are simply out of range.

In another thread, i was thinking that they could have easily gone to the closest planet, swiped the gate, and then gated to the "Alpha colony". Trip would take 40 years max to pull off, assuming they can land the ship and grab the gate.

Nth Chevron
April 28th, 2011, 04:29 AM
I think the gateworld they were headed to (ha again) WAS the closest world with a Stargate

N.C

Steelbox
April 28th, 2011, 05:00 AM
It would be stupid to travel to a farther planet if another one closer has a stargate.

GoodSmeagol
April 28th, 2011, 02:18 PM
It would be stupid to travel to a farther planet if another one closer has a stargate.

Not necessarily...
They got say a half - million people on the ships, they all arrive at the new world, they are gonna need some infrastructure...
Leaving behind ships with no doubt life support system including water purification and grow labs, would no doubt hurt their new world.

Keeper
April 28th, 2011, 02:19 PM

only if the closer planet is safe, of course. otherwise, it's suicide to go there at all.

Duneknight
April 28th, 2011, 02:54 PM
i have a feeling that Tenara has been compromised by Futura and thats why they didnt contact their expeditions. Whatever Futura's ulterior motive might be it took advantage of Tenara somehow. Or else they wouldve contacted the expedition, there wouldve been time to do that.

Keeper
April 28th, 2011, 02:58 PM
the gate was destroyed by lava - eli states that in the episode. so no, contact wasn't an option.

they were fighting the very planet for their survival - so again, no, not likely that one took advantage of the other.

not everything is a conspiracy, even though it's easy to make up theories.

Nth Chevron
April 28th, 2011, 03:54 PM
They stated the world they were headed too was the closest colony world.

Infrastructure is already in place, assuming no disaster natural or otherwise.

As they never built ships before the evacuation ships, its obvious there is a Stargate there.

N.C

norph
April 28th, 2011, 06:43 PM

I was thinking maybe the people of Novus didn't have the map of the stargates. We took for granted that the Destiny have the entire stargate network map probably because all the data was sent to it from the seed ships and the kino remotes can detect nearby gates.

The Novus stargate diallers might have been something they build themselves (like how we build our own version of DHD in the first episode of SG1) but it doesn't have all the features of the Kino like the ability to detect nearby stargates. So they have to explore the stargate networks the hard way.

s09119
April 28th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Am I the only one who saw this thread title and assumed it was referring to Goa'uld... well... you know...

Vicious
April 29th, 2011, 01:13 AM
I was thinking maybe the people of Novus didn't have the map of the stargates. We took for granted that the Destiny have the entire stargate network map probably because all the data was sent to it from the seed ships and the kino remotes can detect nearby gates.

The Novus stargate diallers might have been something they build themselves (like how we build our own version of DHD in the first episode of SG1) but it doesn't have all the features of the Kino like the ability to detect nearby stargates. So they have to explore the stargate networks the hard way.

So true!

Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble
April 29th, 2011, 05:35 AM
What does this thread have to do with Goa'uld?

Duneknight
April 29th, 2011, 06:32 AM
SGU wouldve done well with some Goa'uld. and furlings = ratings gold.

Keeper
April 29th, 2011, 06:47 AM

they've got 2000 years now though to have produced a galactic map of gates. and if it doesn't have the means to detect local gates i'm a little surprised - the kinos themselves survived, so it's realistic to say that at least one remote did. with subspace signals to indicate a gate is online (stated in common descent) it's realistic to assume that, by now, they have some way to identify local and distant signals.

and tbh, without having a map, they'd be hitting buttons randomly in the hopes of getting any gate to connect - something earth tried once with no success. on shorter-range gates that can't apparently cover their own galaxy fully, it's reasonable to say that they'd have to try every combination from every planet to see what sticks. not very efficient :p

Am I the only one who saw this thread title and assumed it was referring to Goa'uld... well... you know...no. no you're not. :p

even the writers wish they'd never invented the furlings, and tbh if the goa'uld were this far out... well, we've seen their ships. they ain't that impressive, and their stargate knowledge was only a little beyond ours (and possibly because of us creating avenger.)

SG-1-AU
April 29th, 2011, 06:21 PM

It's like the E=MC^2 of show business.

SG-1-AU
April 29th, 2011, 06:21 PM

It's like the E=MC^2 of show business.