Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some old "not so popular" classics...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some old "not so popular" classics...........

Ok, so I'm new to this forum, but I've always been a sci-fi fan

Been reading through some of the posts on this site, and it's got me thinking back to some of the old shows I used to watch. I was addicted to B5.

But can anyone remember these?

Space above and beyond?
    Thunder in paradise (like airwolf but with a boat)
    Space precint
    Land of the giants

I remember Space:AAB was on at the same time as Earth 2. I thought S:AAB improved quite a bit as the episodes progressed. Earth 2 was a guilty pleasure but it got much worse after the first few episodes.
    Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

I remember Land of the Giants... although I wish I didn't

Comment

i remember SAAB (even still have the vhs tapes) and Space Precinct

here's a rarity....Space Rangers, 6 whole episodes
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I liked Land Of The giants.
          I also liked:

Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea
          Time Tunnel.

Comment

I only watched Space above and beyond, just like Frodo mentioned it was very similar to Earth 2, sadly only lasted 1 season.
            Favorite Characters:
            Babylon 5: Londo Mollari, G'Kar
            Farscape: Rygel, Zhaan
            SG1: Jack O'Neill
            SG-A: Rodney McKay

Favorite Shows In Order:
            Stargate SG-1 | DS9 | Babylon 5 | Farscape | ST:VOY | Firefly |Stargate Universe | Stargate Atlantis | BSG

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
              I remember Land of the Giants... although I wish I didn't
              how can you say that about Land of the giants. I loved it! He he

I totally agree that Space above and beyond got better with time. I have not recollection of Eartth 2, I sense a google event happening right now.

Comment

earth 2 had promise...but it was doomed by being on sunday at 6pm, so was continually preempted by sporting events that ran long. People got sick and tired of having to wait 20-60 minutes to watch it. Viper was on right before/after and it died too.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I remember both somewhat. I know I like Space Above and Beyond and Earth 2.... but I was young too...
                  This isn't about love. This is about revenge....

Comment

Originally posted by SabrinaB View Post
                    how can you say that about Land of the giants. I loved it! He he
                    )
                    Maybe it was better the first time around..

Comment

When I was a kid, I loved super vehicle shows. Airwolf and Knight Rider are probably the most famous and better known, but there was also Street Hawk (about a motorcycle), Blue Thunder (started as an even better movie, about a helicopter), Thunder in Paradise (a boat) and The Highwayman (about a truck), oh, Viper (another car) and Swat Kats (cartoon about a plane). If it had cool vehicles, I watched it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                        I liked Land Of The giants.
                        I also liked:

Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea
                        Time Tunnel.
                        I remember Time Tunnel.. and I remember being annoyed that they didn't use it enough..

Comment

I liked SAAB and Earth 2 and watched them all the way through. I also liked Street Hawk, Airwolf, Blue Thunder and Knight Rider, but more as shows that I watched if I had nothing else to do. I have vague recollections of The Highwayman.
                          The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

I actually own 'Space Rangers' on DVD. All six episodes.

I watched Space Above and Beyond and Earth 2 when they aired on Sky One here in the UK.
                            Airwolf and Knight Rider also bring back some memories. Along with Street Hawk.
                            Land of the Giants... Sunday mornings were never the same again when they showed it on Channel 4.

I also remember Space Precinct, both on Sky One and BBC 2.

Does anybody remember Team Knight Rider or Thunderbirds 2086?
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I remember seeing one episode of Team Knight Rider. ITV,Saturday Afternoon , but as usual it was on one week off the next, I do not know I just remember seeing one random episode.

Never seen Thunderbirds 2086.

Space Rangers, Space Princinct I watch both when they were on. I do not get why space cop shows are not more successful and popular given all the other cops show on TV.
                              SAAB was awesome and overdue for a remake I think.
                              Earth 2 had potential but it just got confusing for me. I never got what the last episode was about.

I alway like UFO TV SHOW

I seen a straight to TV movie for Viper.

Never seen Thunderhawk.

I watch Air wolf.
                              I did not think land of the giants were that bad.

I seen a few episodes of the time tunnel on Scifi.

Lost in Space was a good tv series but I actually enjoyed the film better. An always love the story about someone trying to past of the plans for Jupiter 2 from the movie as a UFO from area 51.

Comment

Working...
                              X