Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did 'Epilogue' prove that SGU doesn't need Rush to produce great episodes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did 'Epilogue' prove that SGU doesn't need Rush to produce great episodes?

I've read comments online that seem to suggest that Rush carries SGU; without him the show wouldn't be worth watching. I think this particular episode puts that idea to rest. This episode has to be one of the best episodes ever produced. Great sci-fi concepts with great character moments.

While Rush is probably one of the best characters on the show, and I would hate to lose him, I think 'Epilogue' proves that Rush isn't a vital part of the show. SGU is still capable of producing solid and enjoyable episodes without him.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Pizerer View Post
    I've read comments online that seem to suggest that Rush carries SGU; without him the show wouldn't be worth watching.
    While some might know me as obsessed and crazy Rush fangirl, I don't think he's the only reason that makes SGU enjoyable. Far from it. There are different elements that make the show so great, taking one or two of 'em away won't make SGU immediately worthless.

Lots of people had their change to shine in "Epilogue". Since Rush wasn't one of those who started the civilization, he didn't have such a vital part in this episode. Other than figuring out the air filter stuff thingie.
    sigpic

Comment

SGU needs Rush and Young.

Comment

That episode did have Rush. He was busy with more important stuff, the only guy on the show who knows whats really important. that or hes miserable he wasnt part of this new planet 2000 years ago, but at least the other him ended up ascending or something? so maybe he did help novus afterall?
        sigpic

Comment

Lets face it, the bets part of 2 seasons have been about Rush, now it isnt, let the man have a rest he deserves it

N.C

Comment

I'm totally obsessed with Rush, but he doesn't carry the show, and he doesn't need to be the center of every episode. This episode showed that clearly.

I think it also showed (once again) that the large ensemble cast of SGU has a lot of depth - great talent, and great characters.

(If only we had another 3 years to spend with them . . .)
            sigpic
            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizerer View Post
              I've read comments online that seem to suggest that Rush carries SGU; without him the show wouldn't be worth watching. I think this particular episode puts that idea to rest. This episode has to be one of the best episodes ever produced. Great sci-fi concepts with great character moments.

While Rush is probably one of the best characters on the show, and I would hate to lose him, I think 'Epilogue' proves that Rush isn't a vital part of the show. SGU is still capable of producing solid and enjoyable episodes without him.

What do you guys think?
              Well, I've never liked Rush or any character that Robert Carlyle has played. I think the show could honestly do well without Rush. I've grown to see Rush in a different light over the course of the series, but I still don't care for him or his motives.
              sigpic

Comment

the Rush-Young dynamic and Rush-crew dynamic are very important. even with rush now on the background, he still is gold with every second he's on screen. while everyone is looking at their past, he goes look for scrubber material.

Comment

Rush doesnt need to have the show centered around him in order for it to be great. Rush's awesomeness is so powerful that you already feel his presence in the episode without him having to do anything. If Rush say dies in the next episode then its game over for SGU pretty much, why? because he is the one against that sappy emotional whiny whatever thing other characters feel and we need someone who just doesn't follow the herd sort of speak.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                    If Rush say dies in the next episode then its game over for SGU pretty much, why?
                    As opposed to, say, game over the episode after that. Wait a minute . . .

Damn. Game over anyway.
                    sigpic
                    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I think it was Rush's preference if you recall his conversation back to 'Light':
                      Rush: Colonel Young, If by chance you were thinking of choosing me as one of the two, please don't.
                      Young: Why?
                      Rush: This ship, coming here, was my destiny, my life's work was to be here, not trying to survive on some rock with a bunch of strangers. In fact, you can take my name off the lottery all together.
                      sigpic
                      LordRush - "Battle stations!" "Marines, Kree!"

Comment

Personally I wanted more Rush in the episode.

Comment

Rush is one of my four favorite characters (along with Young, Greer, and TJ) and I think he is a big part of what makes the show so good, but I think the whole ensemble is what makes the show work more than anything. Yes the Rush/Young dynamic is probably the best part of the show, but it's not the only thing that makes it work, imo.

Perfecto!

Comment

i liked the old days when they planned a mutiny and were willing to risk lives for it. now its just lets get food, lets get supplies, take rush with you blah blah blah. So Rush would add alot more when characters are against him.
                            sigpic

Comment

Rush had his crap in order and took care of business. It is refreshing to see him get us out of a mess that wasn't of his own making.

Comment

Working...
                              X