Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S2e18 Epilogue is my personal "official" SGU finale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S2e18 Epilogue is my personal "official" SGU finale...

I either lurk or hardly post..but...I felt like I had to post after watching epilogue - this is what I choose as my finale for the show.

Not watching the last 2 episodes, not anytime soon anyway.

I started watching Stargate sg1 as a 13 year old boy, who was born and grew up in Asia. I've relocated 4 times since then and live in Australia now. During that time, Stargate is one of those things that helped me connect with people, wherever I was, its something that somehow helped me break the ice, and surprisingly, even with women...its something that helped me find common ground from different cultures, countries and races. I'm 28 now, and as Stargate is coming to an end for now, I feel like I'm saying goodbye to a long time friend.

Whether I'll see my friend again or not, I really don't want to feel like there is unfinished business, and this episode gave me enough closure for one of the possible (the original? ) timelines. I don't know if anyone feels this way, but I just thought I'ed share.

Its been a great ride while it lasted.

From what I hear, the finale has less of a cliffhanger than Epilogue does. So I think you're making the bad call. But whatever.

Comment

I completely understand what you mean, but I think you will be missing out on two fantastic episodes from what I have heard. I will definitely be watching "Blockade" and "Gauntlet".

I loved how "Epilogue" gave us closure in regards to the characters; we can imagine that if the show had gone on, the characters would have likely chosen similar paths and ended up in similar places emotionally and mentally as we see in the alternate Destiny crew. I thought that was a fantastic stroke of luck, given the show's untimely cancellation.

Now I just hope that the series does not end with a full-on cliffhanger like "Incursion" or "Resurgence" did. I'll be fine with ambiguous - hell, I'll be happy with VERY ambiguous, just as long as it doesn't end with people about to die or right in the middle of a storyline. I have made my peace with the huge story arcs that will never be resolved; I can imagine where they could have gone.

That will let me remember the show probably even more than if it had gone on for five years, and certainly with more affection.

Comment

That's a very good point. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Being a great fan, how can you not watch the last two episodes of this great series/franchise?

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

makes no sense to me. they gave closure to alternate reality characters. its like flashforward.
            sigpic

Comment

Sad that you'll be missing two awesome episodes!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoX-1028 View Post
                Being a great fan, how can you not watch the last two episodes of this great series/franchise?
                its kind of sentimental thing. as he said its been with him since he was a kid, may be not watching the last episodes gives him comfort that, it is still there. continuing .....

Comment

Originally posted by Alien encounter View Post
                  its kind of sentimental thing. as he said its been with him since he was a kid, may be not watching the last episodes gives him comfort that, it is there still there. continuing .....
                  That'd be a bit tooooooo sappy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    That'd be a bit tooooooo sappy.
                    i guess people are free to find comfort from that they find comfortable . in some interview with Teryl Rothery i heard her saying, that she could not watch the episode "Heros" either.

Comment

if this was the last planned episode then okay you dont have to watch but since its not the ending, then what do you have to lose?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alien encounter View Post
                        i guess people are free to find comfort from that they find comfortable . in some interview with Teryl Rothery i heard her saying, that she could not watch the episode "Heros" either.
                        Well, she dies in it...
                        sigpic

Comment

Im a huge SGU fan, and I'm honestly considering not watching the last two episodes because epilogue gave such good closure.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                            Im a huge SGU fan, and I'm honestly considering not watching the last two episodes because epilogue gave such good closure.
                            think of the last two episodes as a special bonus.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                              I can see why you and others may feel this way.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X