A good series finale!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good series finale!?

I'm guessing it would have been way too much work, but if it was possible - it would have been great if the writers were able to rejig the final eps around, and if this was made into the series finale - make something up which causes the Destiny to be destroyed, and make Epilogue take place in our timeline, rather than with the alt timeline.

Would have been a nice closure to the series...

So you mean cut out the last two episodes?
    Thats crazy.
    Less stargate universe.

Comment

ummmm Epliogue DOES take place in our timeline.

Comment

SilenceOz - No, if you rejigged the final eps you wouldn't lose any... they'd just be rearranged... so this would be ep #20

escyos - You know what I mean....

Comment

Originally posted by Lloydje25 View Post
          escyos - You know what I mean....
          no, im afriad i dont.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            no, im afriad i dont.
            Instead of the alternative/original versions of themselves (who went back in time), settling and building on Novis 2000 years ago; this episode could easily have been adapted for the current versions of the crew, who could have found Novis, and settled there themselves in the present day - hence, providing closure to the series...

Comment

more than just too much work - its what, a week and a half? 2 weeks? since it was confirmed that there is no further continuation of SGU at this time.

to rejig so that 'our' destiny crew went back in time would mean re-filming, and remember - this apparently happened when they tried using a sun to dial earth. thats a few episodes back - so quite a lot of things would be moved around. or else, of course, some other explanation for them suddenly going back in time would have to be invented.

as far as i've understood, filming had been completed before the decision was made not to renew for a 3rd season - and since the decision was made, the producers have been trying to get a film to go ahead. to rejig so much would mean writing it off before they were told it was over.
              Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

If you throw out the present timeline with the descendants of Novious and Desting then sure. It shows us settling on a planet and living in peace. Well except for Brody
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Lloydje25 View Post
                  I'm guessing it would have been way too much work, but if it was possible - it would have been great if the writers were able to rejig the final eps around, and if this was made into the series finale - make something up which causes the Destiny to be destroyed, and make Epilogue take place in our timeline, rather than with the alt timeline.

Would have been a nice closure to the series...
                  I get what you're saying and I thought the same thing at the end of the episode. I agree with the other posts that SGU had no way of doing this, especially since at the time they were still hoping for a movie of third season on another network, so hindsight is 20/20. Even without seeing the season finale cliff hanger, I'm sure I would have rather had this as the last episode, if that were possible.

So bummed that Stargate is ending (for now)...

Comment

I'd rather wait an see what the end of Gauntlet is like before making claims that this should be the series finale.

Comment

'Epilogue' was a perfect way to end the series just needs some re working
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

While I understand where you are coming from, I have heard that "Common Descent", "Epilogue", "Blockade" and "Gauntlet" are all linked somehow and therefore it would not have made sense.

Comment

I'm not willing to give up on 2 of the only 40 episodes I'll ever have of SGU. Looking forward to the final 2!
                          sigpic
                          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Working...
                          X