1st 500 years at Novus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st 500 years at Novus

What its like? Are they close enough to our current level on Earth?

i just created a Novus fan fic collab thread in order to continue the story here

feel free to join it on the collaboration
    sigpic

Comment

They'd be at 1940 levels in around 100 years. Another 100 years and they'd lap us. Another 500 years they are at Tollen levels.

Comment

Well, given they started off with flying recorder balls that seem to be practically indestuctible and able to record pretty much forever, I would say they started on a level above us when they landed on the planet.
        sigpic

Comment

True, they would have stuff to get a head start, but they would also have to redo a lot. WE saw no laptops or other databases for medicine. No tools..

Comment

They are casting iron and bronze within 2 months.
            They are making steel within 2 years.
            Engines and hydraulics in 4 years. Along with this is lumber mills and houses.
            Concrete in 5 years. Reinforced concrete structures just as soon as we've got the vehicles to haul it.
            copper wire and motor/generators in 10 years.
            refining in 12 years.
            Aluminum in 15 years.

This is one heck of a head start for the next generation.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
              They are casting iron and bronze within 2 months.
              They are making steel within 2 years.
              Engines and hydraulics in 4 years. Along with this is lumber mills and houses.
              Concrete in 5 years. Reinforced concrete structures just as soon as we've got the vehicles to haul it.
              copper wire and motor/generators in 10 years.
              refining in 12 years.
              Aluminum in 15 years.

This is one heck of a head start for the next generation.
              When Young Died they had Petroleum Lamps and Candles and I am pretty sure that Young lived longer then 15 Years after they got there.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I would say it took them 100 years to start laying the foundations for an industrially advanced society.

You would need to build the factories to make the basic building elements for the structures before you can begin mass production.

So, say 100 years to build, almost by hand, a small factory to produce Steel, Copper, cement, plastics, glass etc etc

ALOT longer than 15 years.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                  I would say it took them 100 years to start laying the foundations for an industrially advanced society.

You would need to build the factories to make the basic building elements for the structures before you can begin mass production.

So, say 100 years to build, almost by hand, a small factory to produce Steel, Copper, cement, plastics, glass etc etc

ALOT longer than 15 years.

N.C
                  I agree, 15 years is way to short, esp with so few people.
                  Around 100 years - 3-4 generations, wed be looking at around 300-400 people, enough to get some real work done in many fields.

I would imagine it would be one hell of a bell curve tho.
                  After they begun producing strong materials it would ramp up real fast in their development.

Comment

Even North America hasn't past 500 years in term of technology development borrowed from various sources around the world.

Comment

Working...
                    X