Would you want to know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you want to know?

So TJ and Voulcor(SP?) by watching the Keno footage know they will die in the not to distant future. My question is, if you were on Destiny would you want to watch the footage, knowing you might find out roughly how long you have to live?
    Me personally I wouldn't.
    Last edited by gashead; 26 April 2011, 12:22 AM.

Originally posted by gashead View Post
    So TJ and Voulcor(SP?) by watching the Keno footage know they will die in the not to distant future. My question is, if you were on Destiny would you want to watch the footage, knowing you might find out roughly how long you have to live?
    At least Volker got his new kidney so won't die like that. Poor TJ, on the other hand...
    sigpic

Comment

Volker isn't going to die. The evacuation happened before the kidney transplant. His reaction was just an emotional response to "his" death, as well as full proof that he would have died if Greer hadn't stepped in. Of course TJ is another matter entirely, that's a hell of a sting knowing that we will likely never see her cured.

Comment

it depends on the situation for example as rodney and samantha have both pointed out on sg1 and atlantis the most littless changes in your time lines can have significant changes to what happens in your life.

We also see in stargate continuum that jacks son is alive yet we have no idea why just that because the timelines was messed with he some how didnt shoot himself.

with TJ she is an exception where no matter what the changes she will still have it and why wouldnt you want to know, you have more of a chance of stopping it or finding a cure what I think they planned though if the series continued was to have her go in the stasus chamber

Comment

Sadly I think the only change that we were going to see is the disease appears even earlier than it did on Navos.

An I do not think it is SGU way to summon up a magical cure.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            Sadly I think the only change that we were going to see is the disease appears even earlier than it did on Navos.

An I do not think it is SGU way to summon up a magical cure.
            Wait, why would it appear earlier?
            sigpic
            Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
            O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
            Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
            O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

if you were on Destiny would you want to watch the footage, knowing you might find out roughly how long you have to live?
              Most definitely.

If it was something that was preventable then I would know what to avoid or treated before it was too late. But If it was through a disease and there was no cure then I would at least know how long I have left and to enjoy every moment, put my affairs in order etc.

Comment

Originally posted by icsteffi View Post
                Wait, why would it appear earlier?
                I do not know the exact reason or how, but the show was written for five seasons.
                It would not make sense to leave such a dramatic storyline unresolve, so something would have happen to make the storyline move faster, and make these people have to deal with TJ condition much earlier than on Novos and to confront all the issues and emotions TJ condition brings up. There just to many potential stories to leave it on the road side.

Comment

It isn;'t really them, it's an alternate them, so it doesn't mean they're going to die
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I would love to find out my future
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                      At least Volker got his new kidney so won't die like that. Poor TJ, on the other hand...
                      He had the new kidney and still died tj just wasn't able to catch it quick enough

Comment

No. Alt!Volker didn't get a new kidney. He died of renal failure on the planet.

No way in hell they're doing a kidney transplant with stone age materials and no antibiotics.

Comment

Time travel gives me s headace

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            He had the new kidney and still died tj just wasn't able to catch it quick enough
                            Um, no. The time travel happened in "Twin Destinies" (episode 12), and the kidney transplant took place in "Hope" (episode 14). So, the Volker on Novus did not have the new kidney.

I would certainly want to know what happened to my other self. Can't we make a poll out of this?
                            sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

I think I would yes. Better to know so you can live the rest of your life to the fullest possible, rather than potentially piss it away.

Comment

Working...
                              X