PDA

View Full Version : Would you want to know?

gashead
April 26th, 2011, 01:06 AM
So TJ and Voulcor(SP?) by watching the Keno footage know they will die in the not to distant future. My question is, if you were on Destiny would you want to watch the footage, knowing you might find out roughly how long you have to live?
Me personally I wouldn't.

Lahela
April 26th, 2011, 01:44 AM
So TJ and Voulcor(SP?) by watching the Keno footage know they will die in the not to distant future. My question is, if you were on Destiny would you want to watch the footage, knowing you might find out roughly how long you have to live?

At least Volker got his new kidney so won't die like that. Poor TJ, on the other hand... :(

Kanten
April 26th, 2011, 02:04 AM

Volker isn't going to die. The evacuation happened before the kidney transplant. His reaction was just an emotional response to "his" death, as well as full proof that he would have died if Greer hadn't stepped in. Of course TJ is another matter entirely, that's a hell of a sting knowing that we will likely never see her cured.

tomaso88
April 26th, 2011, 03:58 AM
it depends on the situation for example as rodney and samantha have both pointed out on sg1 and atlantis the most littless changes in your time lines can have significant changes to what happens in your life.

We also see in stargate continuum that jacks son is alive yet we have no idea why just that because the timelines was messed with he some how didnt shoot himself.

with TJ she is an exception where no matter what the changes she will still have it and why wouldnt you want to know, you have more of a chance of stopping it or finding a cure what I think they planned though if the series continued was to have her go in the stasus chamber

knowles2
April 26th, 2011, 04:02 AM
Sadly I think the only change that we were going to see is the disease appears even earlier than it did on Navos.

An I do not think it is SGU way to summon up a magical cure.

icsteffi
April 26th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Sadly I think the only change that we were going to see is the disease appears even earlier than it did on Navos.

An I do not think it is SGU way to summon up a magical cure.

Wait, why would it appear earlier?

Tanith0709
April 26th, 2011, 06:29 AM
if you were on Destiny would you want to watch the footage, knowing you might find out roughly how long you have to live?
Most definitely.

If it was something that was preventable then I would know what to avoid or treated before it was too late. But If it was through a disease and there was no cure then I would at least know how long I have left and to enjoy every moment, put my affairs in order etc.

knowles2
April 26th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Wait, why would it appear earlier?

I do not know the exact reason or how, but the show was written for five seasons.
It would not make sense to leave such a dramatic storyline unresolve, so something would have happen to make the storyline move faster, and make these people have to deal with TJ condition much earlier than on Novos and to confront all the issues and emotions TJ condition brings up. There just to many potential stories to leave it on the road side.

xxxevilgrinxxx
April 26th, 2011, 08:56 AM
It isn;'t really them, it's an alternate them, so it doesn't mean they're going to die

Pharaoh Atem
April 26th, 2011, 09:02 AM
I would love to find out my future

Pharaoh Atem
April 26th, 2011, 09:03 AM
At least Volker got his new kidney so won't die like that. Poor TJ, on the other hand... :(

He had the new kidney and still died tj just wasn't able to catch it quick enough

Razor One
April 26th, 2011, 09:06 AM
No. Alt!Volker didn't get a new kidney. He died of renal failure on the planet.

No way in hell they're doing a kidney transplant with stone age materials and no antibiotics.

Pharaoh Atem
April 26th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Time travel gives me s headace

Rylor
April 26th, 2011, 09:15 AM
He had the new kidney and still died tj just wasn't able to catch it quick enough

Um, no. The time travel happened in "Twin Destinies" (episode 12), and the kidney transplant took place in "Hope" (episode 14). So, the Volker on Novus did not have the new kidney.

I would certainly want to know what happened to my other self. Can't we make a poll out of this?

KEK
April 26th, 2011, 09:29 AM
I think I would yes. Better to know so you can live the rest of your life to the fullest possible, rather than potentially piss it away.

Lahela
April 26th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I think I would yes. Better to know so you can live the rest of your life to the fullest possible, rather than potentially piss it away.

Or do both, depending on the prognosis ;)

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
April 26th, 2011, 10:39 AM
as much as my human curiosity will want me to find out about my own future i would rather not know.

Egle01
April 26th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I'd like to know.

Arturis
April 26th, 2011, 04:05 PM
So, seriously... no cure for ALS? I would imagine with all of the information in the Asgard Core we would have been able to cure most diseases at this point. I would think with all of their cloning issues and such that the Asgard would have had perhaps an even greater knowledge of genetics and medicine of all kinds than even the Ancients. And even despite the difference in human and Asgard physiology, not that there's likely a great difference since they were once very much like us, they mentioned on several occasions how they had a great knowledge of human biology. I would imagine that even some of Loki's knowledge made it into the Core. My point is that (probably) Asgard Core + Stones = cure.

Phenom
April 26th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Why would anyone want to know? Unless the answer is 'grow old and die in the arms of your soul mate', then you won't like the answer. Given the dangerous position these people are in, it is most likely that they won't grow old gracefully.

Finding out that you die due to some illness/infection at an early age is certainly not going to help you to live your life to the fullest is it. You will be simply counting down the days til you die. Now wouldn't that be nice.

garhkal
April 26th, 2011, 06:52 PM
So, seriously... no cure for ALS? I would imagine with all of the information in the Asgard Core we would have been able to cure most diseases at this point. I would think with all of their cloning issues and such that the Asgard would have had perhaps an even greater knowledge of genetics and medicine of all kinds than even the Ancients. And even despite the difference in human and Asgard physiology, not that there's likely a great difference since they were once very much like us, they mentioned on several occasions how they had a great knowledge of human biology. I would imagine that even some of Loki's knowledge made it into the Core. My point is that (probably) Asgard Core + Stones = cure.

How do you know the Asgard even had ALS? let alone they called it the same thing. its the same reason we are having such hassle using the Ancient database to find info out on ZPMs...

Gollumpus
April 26th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Wray got to find out that there was going to be a lot of places for her to go dancing if she would choose to do so...

As in, "dancing on your grave"

regards,
G.

Vicious
April 27th, 2011, 03:51 AM
I'd definitely want to know. I could write as much knowledge down as possible that could be useful to my functions on the ship, hook up with James and make some babies, and also throw myself into stasis to stop the progression until a cure could be found. I'd come out of stasis to keep tabs on how my many children are progressing at some sort of regular interval as well.

garhkal
April 27th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Wray got to find out that there was going to be a lot of places for her to go dancing if she would choose to do so...

As in, "dancing on your grave"

regards,
G.

Least its not dancing on the ceiling!