The Novus space ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Novus space ships

Did anyone else think that Destiny could calculate where these Novus ships have travelled, caught up with them on FTL, then drop out of FTL and dock with one of the ships to download the databases available in those ships to get the cure, knowledge, etc...? (and if they want, also help transport some of them in advance to the colony).

Theoretically yes, all they'd have to do is go in a relatively straight line to the planet. Destiny would warn them If they registered energy signatures. Jump out of FTL.

They could also theoretically, pull them through FTL with them if they had shields.

Comment

They probably got blown up by the drones.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoSo View Post
        That's a very scary thought.

Comment

Even assuming they could find the ships, which would be very hard to pull off without exact trajectories, what good would it do them? They can't dock with them, can't pull them into FTL (only works when the ships are connected), and can't do much else but talk.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoSo View Post
            The drones had only recently started following the Destiny and was tracking it through the open wormhole so with no Stargate on Novus I don't think the drones ever had a reason to go that far out.

And at the end of the episode when you see the Novus ship take off it made me wonder if they were going to have a future episode where they actually find the ships. It couldn't really just be a coincidence they showed what the ship looked like and it flying away.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
              The drones had only recently started following the Destiny and was tracking it through the open wormhole so with no Stargate on Novus I don't think the drones ever had a reason to go that far out.

And at the end of the episode when you see the Novus ship take off it made me wonder if they were going to have a future episode where they actually find the ships. It couldn't really just be a coincidence they showed what the ship looked like and it flying away.
              Yeah, if I was angry about the cancellation before, I am furious after these two episodes. Honestly, Novus is probably one of, if not the most interesting subplot of the franchise even after only two episodes. What the hell is wrong with TV audiences over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
                Yeah, if I was angry about the cancellation before, I am furious after these two episodes. Honestly, Novus is probably one of, if not the most interesting subplot of the franchise even after only two episodes. What the hell is wrong with TV audiences over here.
                The U.S. TV audience is very fickle, and tends to prefer garbage filth over real intelligent programs. The stupider people are promoted, while the smart are rejected. Partying lifestyles are held up, while older, traditional ways of life are shunned and portrayed as bad, when the opposite is true.

Comment

Strange enough, the seed ship able to track destiny without difficulty, but destiny unable to track the Novusians ship. Most of the Novusian techs are based of part of destiny tech, it should be possible to detect them via long range sensor. A couple days in FTL, destiny probably already in range with the ship. It should cover no more than 50 lightyear range to the direction of the next planet which is has stargate.

One question remain for me is why human always lack of FTL/Hyperdrive invention in Stargate stories? In this case, Novusians civilization should be equivalent to 40th century on earth or at least 30th century advanced race with a Stargate and should have at least an improved wormhole technology to assist them in planetary travel for sake of exploration.

Comment

Maybe, if the knowledge is in the information they transferred over to Destiny, they will find the schematics for the ships and what course they were plotting to make it very easy to calculate where they would be.

Comment

in terms of "what good would it do". Destiny can transfer it's database while the colony ships can transfer theirs. that way the Novans can develop FTL and Destiny can cure every disease ever

Comment

I missed the first 30 min of this episode . And some of the last. Can someone tell me how they went 2k back in time?

Was it when they dialed from within the star and a solar flare?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          in terms of "what good would it do". Destiny can transfer it's database while the colony ships can transfer theirs. that way the Novans can develop FTL and Destiny can cure every disease ever
                          Yeah, Destiny could copy the Hyperdrive expert (Amanda) into their databse to help them built a new Hyperdrive engine for their ship.

Comment

no need for that. i bet the Destiny has some schematics in its databank

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                              Even assuming they could find the ships, which would be very hard to pull off without exact trajectories, what good would it do them? They can't dock with them, can't pull them into FTL (only works when the ships are connected), and can't do much else but talk.
                              They would be able to get T.J. over there somehow. We've seen before that we don't necessarily need proper docking procedures to get the job done. T.J. jumps over, gets cured. That'd be very nice.
                              sigpic
                              Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                              O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                              Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                              O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Working...
                              X