Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future stories regarding the history of Novus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future stories regarding the history of Novus.

Do you think that we will ever see any novels, comics, etc that involve the history of Novus between what we have seen in this episode and the evacuation? I certainly would love to see it.

I would love to see it

Comment

Novus is the most intriguing and open (not canon restricted) thing in Stargate in years.

They can do just about anything with them. Its pretty awesome.

I'd love to see more.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17 View Post
        Do you think that we will ever see any novels, comics, etc that involve the history of Novus between what we have seen in this episode and the evacuation? I certainly would love to see it.
        just fanfic
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

If another Stargate series gets up and running (whether it's a reboot or not) I would love to see it take place on Novus. We have 2000 years of story to tell, and even after that there's the journey to the New "New World."

Bottom line: If Stargate gets another chance, Novus deserves to tell it.
          sigpic
          ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

I'd watch Stargate: Novus. It makes sense too, after all, it is new

But they wouldn't have any enemies, other than futurua?

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
              I'd watch Stargate: Novus. It makes sense too, after all, it is new

But they wouldn't have any enemies, other than futurua?
              Public knowledge of the gate. Political tensions. Maybe they encountered the drones or the race who made them.

Stargate: Novus

I like it.
              sigpic

Comment

I Think that this would be a cool concept to see. although for characters, it would be hard to decide where in the 2,000 years it would be set.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  I Think that this would be a cool concept to see. although for characters, it would be hard to decide where in the 2,000 years it would be set.
                  I think starting from the beginning is a great place. We've never seen a Stargate show that displayed an actively advancing civilization before.

Basically, in my head, I see Stargate: Novus as a sort of SG-1. SGA's off shoot would still take place on Novus, but at a different time period, say modern day. SGU's equivalent would, of course, be the futuristic Novus and the eventual evac of the planet via ship.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                    I think starting from the beginning is a great place. We've never seen a Stargate show that displayed an actively advancing civilization before.

Basically, in my head, I see Stargate: Novus as a sort of SG-1. SGA's off shoot would still take place on Novus, but at a different time period, say modern day. SGU's equivalent would, of course, be the futuristic Novus and the eventual evac of the planet via ship.
                    sounds like an interesting theory you got there but aren't those gates connected to only a handful in the area of the galaxy?

Comment

sounds like an interesting theory you got there but aren't those gates connected to only a handful in the area of the galaxy?
                      No, actually it's just that you can't jump far. There are only up to 10 gates in range of any planet. Getting further out would involve going to the edge of those 10 planets and looking for more. Remember in the season 1 episode "Lost" Chloe, Scott and Eli were stranded on a planet. They kept going through gates to find the right way. They got all the way back to the planet where Rush was left. Realized they had gone the wrong way and started walking back the other way.

As long as there are planets in range of another planet, you can keep moving. You just can't jump from one side of the galaxy to the other.

The signal would be the strength of a few solar systems, I'd imagine cause only certain planets support human life. Unless planets that far out are far more like Earth.

Comment

If you take a piece of paper and make random dots, then place a quarter on the paper, the quarter only covers so many dots. However, using the dots as Stargates, if you move the quarter to a new dot, suddenly the quarter covers more dots.

The Gates in SG-1 and SGA fuctioned like a cloud. You can go to and from any Gate. In SGU it's more like a connect the dots game. You can only get to dot 15 if you go through dots 2-14.
                        Originally posted by actuallyliam View Post
                        No, actually it's just that you can't jump far. There are only up to 10 gates in range of any planet. Getting further out would involve going to the edge of those 10 planets and looking for more. Remember in the season 1 episode "Lost" Chloe, Scott and Eli were stranded on a planet. They kept going through gates to find the right way. They got all the way back to the planet where Rush was left. Realized they had gone the wrong way and started walking back the other way.

As long as there are planets in range of another planet, you can keep moving. You just can't jump from one side of the galaxy to the other.

The signal would be the strength of a few solar systems, I'd imagine cause only certain planets support human life. Unless planets that far out are far more like Earth.
                        Exactly.
                        sigpic

Comment

you guys are thinking quite logically while im just looking at the glass that is half full. im not thinking these things out.

Comment

you guys are thinking quite logically while im just looking at the glass that is half full. im not thinking these things out.
                            It's ok. When you've been watching Stargate since 1994, it sort of turns into a religion for you lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                              It's ok. When you've been watching Stargate since 1994, it sort of turns into a religion for you lol
                              started watching in 1999 and it was a part of my childhood and now to see it end... well that's life.

Comment

Working...
                              X