Half-Life/Portal universe discussion and appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half-Life/Portal universe discussion and appreciation thread

Yeah, it's high time we made a place of our own! A bunch of us were talking Portal 2 yesterday in OT, and really, any self-respecting gamer would have Valve's babies (whether you're a man or woman).

So HAVE AT IT!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

And in honour of the soon-to-be-released Portal 2:

Aperture Investment Opportunity #1: "Panels"
    Spoiler:

Aperture Investment Opportunity #2: "Bot Trust"
    Spoiler:

Aperture Investment Opportunity #3: "Turrets"
    Spoiler:
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

NICE! Great idea, Digi. *subscribes to thread*

LOL, I love those vids. I hadn't seen the third one 'til now. I've got to get me one of those bots on a shirt.
      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I'm a Half-Life fanatic! I want HL2: Episode Three now! I want Portal 2. But I probably won't be getting it at launch.

I'd like to get a PS3 and get the PS3 version because apparently it comes with the PC version as well to download to Steam. Wicked. Plus My PC stinks and I don't to get it on 360 even if I have many hours logged into The Orange Box.

The Orange Box is definitely one of the best video games of all time. If you like to count it as a standalone that is.

I still play Half-Life 1 all the time. And Opposing Force/Blue Shift.

Comment

OpFor is one of the best game expansions ever

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            OpFor is one of the best game expansions ever
            I can't get enough of it! Adrian Shepherd FTW.

Comment

Lol. I love portal. Love Half life even more though (not the first one though. The first one bored me) Really looking forward to when Episode 3 comes out. All of the half life 2 series gives you such a strong feeling of emersiveness.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by p-90_177 View Post
                not the first one though. The first one bored me
                ...burn the heretic!

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  Lol. I love portal. Love Half life even more though (not the first one though. The first one bored me) Really looking forward to when Episode 3 comes out. All of the half life 2 series gives you such a strong feeling of emersiveness.
                  You didn't like the first Half-Life?! For me its the ultimate nostalgia, I could play that game forever.

Comment

Digi, I approve.

I recently played through Portal again for kicks. Kinda wondering if Portal 2's increased length - or so I'm assuming - will change the experience a lot or simply extend the enjoyment and stuff.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

This.

I love you all for this.

I'm a huge Valve fangirl, have even dressed up as some of Valve's characters at one point for an anime convention. I love the Left 4 Dead games, but love Portal even more, and love Half-Life even more than Portal. I need Episode 3 now! I have a very strong urge to kick some Combine ass. I recently beat Half-Life 2 and its episodes on Hard. Man, the end of Episode 2 is hard, even on Normal!

Also, I have Portal 2 preordered.

Comment

Absolute awesomeness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLFyeUtcL3Y
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/3010968...626401/detail/
                        http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/03/ho...-its-not-easy/

WANT SO MUCH.
                        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                          You didn't like the first Half-Life?! For me its the ultimate nostalgia, I could play that game forever.
                          I just can't get into it. I mean I have played the whole thing but I just couldn't really enjoy it. But I'm the same with all old FPS's. I mean I love old nostalgic games (DOS is my God) but Half life is an exception.

I do however at the same time still love CounterStrike a lot. The original is a ton of fun to play.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

For all Half-Life fans, and even if you're not, I'd recommend watching this machinima series called Freeman's Mind - basically, it's one guy playing the game and saying what Gordon would be thinking at the time. Hilarity ensues and I know I like to think Gordon's that crazy in real life. The first episode is here and the rest can be found from there, and while it takes a few episodes to get going, I very enjoyed it. Coarse language and stuff, so yeah.
                            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Counter-Strike is my favourite game of all time.

Half-Life 2 is a great game as well. Gotta love the gravity gun.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X