PDA

View Full Version : VOTE! How would you rate 'Epilogue?'

GateWorld
March 13th, 2011, 01:37 PM
VOTE now and rate the new episode of Stargate Universe, "Epilogue."

SG-17
April 25th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Well would you look at that, the two trolls already voted.

This episode was amazing, it along with Common Descent and Twin Destinies are AAA Stargate material, definitely in the top 15 episodes of the entire franchise.

General Jumper One
April 25th, 2011, 05:53 PM
geeze trolls at it like before it even started, anyway LOVED this episode so many awesome scenes

sgc
April 25th, 2011, 05:56 PM
This episode was most certainly among the series', if not the franchise's, top episodes. It's hard for me not to rate an episode 10/10, but this one absolutely deserves all of those points. The special effects, especially the ship at the end, the beautiful set, the story and narrative complexity that was able to fit into a single hour, and the acting, all culminates to make a 10. Very excellent episode, and I hate to see that the story won't continue (for now). It makes me feel deeply saddened to hear that Destiny's story will go untold, but it gives me hope for the story in the future.

jelgate
April 25th, 2011, 05:57 PM
geeze trolls at it like before it even started, anyway LOVED this episode so many awesome scenes

Best to ignore them or their fury becomes bigger.

Spidey3121
April 25th, 2011, 05:58 PM
10/10 - great great great great. Not only is this top quality Stargate, it's top quality science fiction. Shame so many "fans" (of sci-fi on the whole) are missing out...

morrismike
April 25th, 2011, 06:04 PM
great episode

Pharaoh Atem
April 25th, 2011, 06:06 PM
awesome ep

Vanek26
April 25th, 2011, 06:07 PM

Great episode. I've been feeling conservative lately on the ratings, should be a 10.

ithinkitsmagic
April 25th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I gave it a 5 - sorry all; it was too sappy for my taste (especially that ending... ugh).

FoX-1028
April 25th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Awesome episode, lot of sad and funny scenes!
9 because I can't give 9.5
Common Descent still on my #1 spot of fav episodes and im sure the last two will definetly get a 10

Joachim
April 25th, 2011, 06:41 PM
I'd say 7, I guess. I haven't really cared much for Common Descent or Epilogue. They have kind of a fan-fictiony vibe to them that pushes me away.

Stargater276
April 25th, 2011, 06:55 PM
I wasn't expecting much from this episode, but after watching it. 10.

Greenfire32
April 25th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I would go so far as to say this could be the best episode in the entire franchise. Big words, I know, but it is definitely a contender--that you cannot argue.

Dilithium
April 25th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I give it a 10 but I’m too new too vote yet.:D

Joachim
April 25th, 2011, 07:29 PM
that you cannot argue.
apparently those who voted it lower can.

KEK
April 25th, 2011, 07:30 PM
I think that as with most Carl Binder scripts it was full of great moments, but as a whole the story seemed a bit disjointed to me. I'd give it a 7 at best.

Vanek26
April 25th, 2011, 07:30 PM

They don't post. Not much of an argument, just pressing the button.

Replicator Todd
April 25th, 2011, 07:41 PM
It was okay IMO, trying to decide if I am going to give it a 7 or 8.

Greenfire32
April 25th, 2011, 09:31 PM

Who? The Trolls? Pah!

actuallyliam
April 25th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I gave it a 10. Although I don't know how much reply value it's going to have.

ussrelativity
April 25th, 2011, 11:47 PM
I loved it.

This show should not have been canceled.

I wish I had the money to finance the show for another three years. I really do.

gaguhan.galore
April 26th, 2011, 01:12 AM
laughtrip / 10

Commander Zelix
April 26th, 2011, 01:22 AM
I gave an 8/10. It's fun to finally have some off-word episodes. The crew's bickering on the ship can only get you that far with no or little episode plots. It felt like Stargate. One of the top episodes of the series with Time, Space, Trial and Error, Common Descent.

Nikec3
April 26th, 2011, 02:17 AM
9/10

Carl Binder is God of great drama :-)

traylormatt
April 26th, 2011, 02:31 AM
10/10. Loved this episode. Only aspect I did not like was, as others have said in threads, the 36 hours they need just so happens to be too much time. Had they done everything 2 days sooner, they would have been home free.

knowles2
April 26th, 2011, 02:55 AM
This was pretty much the perfect episode.

Except for the convenience of the 36 hours being just to long. But I give the writers there little plot convenience as it would have allow them to tell a great story in the future of seeing TJ slowly declining because of her ALS and seeing the lengths that Young and Varro will go to, to try and save her.

thekillman
April 26th, 2011, 02:55 AM
this is the type of episode i reserve my 10 for.

my god it was amazing. my only nitpick was that they didn't have to be THERE to continue the transfer.

oh and they could always calculate the path of the colony ships and just drop out.

spinny magee
April 26th, 2011, 02:56 AM
WTF 10 is the highest? I wanted to give 11ty

morrismike
April 26th, 2011, 02:58 AM
this is the type of episode i reserve my 10 for.

my god it was amazing. my only nitpick was that they didn't have to be THERE to continue the transfer.

oh and they could always calculate the path of the colony ships and just drop out.

I would bet the next two episodes are about Destiny helping those ships reach their planet.

Lahela
April 26th, 2011, 02:59 AM
After an 8 for Common Descent (because it felt a bit choppy), this earned itself a 10 just for being such a perfect conclusion to that story. It felt a bit choppy too, but that's what you get for putting so much into one ep.

icsteffi
April 26th, 2011, 03:31 AM
9. Very good, very good. But made me feel like the show is wrapping up (speeches about "it's the journey", and such!) I know this is wrong because they didn't know the show was ending while filming this. But it seemed so....end'y.

And I never want it to end! :(

LtColCarter
April 26th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Begone ye trolls...get thee to the k'woosh! ;)

blueray
April 26th, 2011, 05:28 AM
i really liked this episode. i love how it showed flashbacks of that crew arriving on the planet. and of course how it started off as a small village and over 2000 years it was an advanced civilization. i'm giving it a 9, because it wasn't perfect but well done.

carmencatalina
April 26th, 2011, 06:08 AM
I'm surprised at how much I ended up liking this episode! I'm giving it a 9, and I thought it would end up being one of my least favorite, but somehow it all worked for me.

Maybe I'm getting sentimental in my old age, but that closing scene of Alt!Wray, giving a speech at the opening of the new school, and then the fades of the city growing up over the years, really got to me. Yeah, I'm an old woman now.

Loved Volker nailing it on the head with Rush - it really does bother him that they went on just fine without him (without Volker, too, but Volker seemed to handle the knowledge of his alternate death with good grace, considering).

All in all, a surprisingly good episode!

I'm sure the action-lovers won't love it much, but us sentimental old fools will!

kellx
April 26th, 2011, 08:08 AM
This storyline that has been created since twin destinies, common descent and epilogue is science fiction at its best. I mean wow! what a great side plot that works well with the SG franchise as well as SGU. I gave epilogue a 9 only because i was hoping to find out more about the drones but was pleasantly surprised.

LtColCarter
April 26th, 2011, 08:16 AM
10/10 for me! :D

Egle01
April 26th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Strong 9 from me. :)

Commander Zelix
April 26th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Looking at the ratings and responses, I think this episode is the most loved by all Stargate fans watching the series.

I'm glad because it's the way I always imagined the potential of SGU to be. Personally, I love those kind of twisted sci-fi stories with a slight dose of mystery.

The tone of the show and characters of SGU made it a completely different story that previous gate series, yet still keeping the spirit of explorations (adventure)/actions/mystery typical of Stargate.

Lainier
April 26th, 2011, 11:46 AM
10/10. Great episode.

Alien encounter
April 26th, 2011, 11:49 AM
10 out of 10. One of my most favorite episodes in entire stargate. Thank you (all) for showing us such great episode. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/20.gif

LoneStar1836
April 26th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Meh. 7/10

It had it's good parts, but then I'm not exactly that attached to the majority of these characters to really love this ep. It drug in places. Wray's speech at the end was a nice cap on the series and the franchise as a whole. :)

LtColCarter
April 26th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Ready the k'woosh!

Replicator Todd
April 26th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Gave it a 8. :)

Petra
April 26th, 2011, 01:51 PM
LOVED IT. That is all. :D

Okay, seriously, I gave it 9. It felt a bit choppy in places, 1 or 2 moments of old!kino montage didn't quite gel with what was happening in our timeline (bad editing maybe?) and at one point TPTB overdid baby stuff IMO, but darn it, I loved it! Loved the story, loved the characters, loved their AU lives...fantastic ep.

Best to ignore them or their fury becomes bigger.

Ignore who? :tealcanime49:

:P

spaceship
April 26th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Ordinary. Gave it a 6. Who cares what happened to the AU destiny crew? I would have preferred if they show us the modern Novans instead.

Skydiver
April 26th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Ok guys

Enough of this 'trolls' crud.

First, people are entitled to their opinions. And it is honestly beyond rude to attack - even anonymously - someone for not voting what you think they should have voted.

Second....I counted seven people - as of tonight - that voted the show 5 or less.....and at least ten times as many that gave it 6-10..so really? You're gonna get snotty about that? You're going to get at them for 'voting before it even started' (which isn't even possible since the thread isn't open until the last few minutes, I know, cause I opened it)...and how many of you gave it a 10 before you even saw the ending?

Really, the folks that like to come in and blindly give it a 1 out of whatever their motivation is, it's no different than those that blindly give it a 10.

I have looked at who's voted for what - we admin can do that if we want - and while I have seen a pattern in the 1 voters, I've seen a similar pattern in the 9 and 10 voters.

Hello pot, thy name is kettle.

So, maybe instead of snarking at your 'trolls', how about y'all just ignore them and spend your time with your last few episodes enjoying your show

the fifth man
April 26th, 2011, 04:48 PM
I would give this one a 9.

KEK
April 26th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Really, the folks that like to come in and blindly give it a 1 out of whatever their motivation is, it's no different than those that blindly give it a 10.

I think the difference is that there are people explaining why they gave it a 10 in these threads, while I'm yet to see anyone even admit to giving an episode a 1 let alone offering any sort of reasoning for it.

Krisz
April 26th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Oh, this is a difficult one for me. Part of me wanted to see more about the mysteries of the Destiny and its mission as we near the end. Whilst we got a great story about how the Destiny crew survived and thrived without the Destiny, it's not what I really expected, but then that's just me.

I still have to give it a 9 for the storytelling,wonderful acting and the superb imagining of the city and the life the Destiny's crew's descendants created for themselves. I could have given it a 1 for not going the way I would have liked, but that would not acknowledge the crafting of a good, rounded and entertaining episode. :)

The Swarm
April 27th, 2011, 04:41 AM
I think the ending of this episode would have fit the series more than the cliff hanger we will get.
A beautiful insight on what would have been...but wont be since the team will go on with the mission. Or is the mission the journey itself?
Thats what i loved about this show, everything is a big mistery.

LoneStar1836
April 27th, 2011, 07:12 AM
I think the difference is that there are people explaining why they gave it a 10 in these threads, while I'm yet to see anyone even admit to giving an episode a 1 let alone offering any sort of reasoning for it.Last I looked it wasn't a requirement to justify how you vote in a poll. People want to give it a 1...well more power to them as it is a choice on the poll.

Anyway, I gave this one a 7/10 in an earlier post.

Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble
April 27th, 2011, 08:21 AM
11/10

Funny, great drama and action what more could I want.

More please :D.

Snookie16
April 27th, 2011, 08:24 AM
They put women back 100 years...shame on them! 2/10

carmencatalina
April 27th, 2011, 08:38 AM

By showing natural childbirth? Newsflash, there are plenty of us nowadays that have babies the old fashioned way, it isn't that bad! (Well, maybe it is, they say you forget about the pain . . .)

(Otherwise, I have no idea what you are referring to.)

Skiznot
April 27th, 2011, 09:16 AM

Umm, their constitution, their system of government, the foundation for their entire society going forward was written by a woman. A hundred years ago women weren't allowed to vote and were about a decade away from making a single change to the constitution. So I'm not sure what you mean.

Skiznot
April 27th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Anyway, I give this one a 10. I loved how it had them risking danger to preserve a record that may have no immediate strategic value; it had a deeper value. And after years of seeing so many stargate episodes about death and destruction it was nice to see one about life and growth. I'm shocked that some on the comments at the home page are saying this episode wasn't sci-fi. I understand that people who don't watch/read science fiction might have misconceptions but people within the fan community not understanding what science fiction is just baffles me.

April 27th, 2011, 09:34 AM

Do you mean that the focus was on women having kids instead of having their own lives?

KEK
April 27th, 2011, 09:39 AM
By showing natural childbirth? Newsflash, there are plenty of us nowadays that have babies the old fashioned way, it isn't that bad! (Well, maybe it is, they say you forget about the pain . . .)

(Otherwise, I have no idea what you are referring to.)

I'm guessing she means showing all the women doing 'women's work', which to be honest irritated me a bit too. Then again we saw James shopping wood IIRC, and didn't really see anything else that could be really considered 'men's work' so I suppose we could give them the benefit of the doubt.

carmencatalina
April 27th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I'm guessing she means showing all the women doing 'women's work', which to be honest irritated me a bit too. Then again we saw James shopping wood IIRC, and didn't really see anything else that could be really considered 'men's work' so I suppose we could give them the benefit of the doubt.

But we see TJ doing medicine, and later we hear (but don't see) that Camille Wray was mayor, so I don't see a problem. I would guess that everyone did a bit of everything, up to a point, and certainly planting and gardening are no more "women's work" than they are "men's work" - in agricultural societies, they are everyone's work.

LtColCarter
April 27th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Just people being nit picky as usual.

Perelandra
April 27th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I really didn't see anything anti -woman in this ep at all. (well unless you mean women wearing skirts,men wearing pants, ect)
I did wonder how they got such elaborate looking clothes(i.e.buttons, material, ect)just a few years after they got there... but I didn't see any scenes showing the women sitting around sewing and cooking while the men chopped wood, ect.
We had a scene with James chopping wood and we aren't really told who made the clothes, did the household work, ect. We are shown that life is very hard, back-breaking work, which is to be expected.
I guess you are going to WANT to have a lot of babies in the first few generations to get your population going and more diverse...and in the natural childbirth question-I don't think they had a choice in the matter.
Camille apparently had no biological descendents and yet was a founding "mother" of the culture, being mayor,passing on her wisdom, culture, sayings, ect.Writing the constitution(and yes I wondered how she managed to outlive everyone else, Eli,Chloe, Scott, ect-)
I thought that was kind of neat that she became so influential to the Novans.

Sp!der
April 27th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Now I am giving it a 6. Bad mood. have to definitley watch that again, then Ill rethink my opinion!

carmencatalina
April 27th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I hadn't really though about the "women in skirts" thing - that was odd, I think they were just going for a "frontier-look".

If you think about it, skirts are much easier to sew than trousers, so maybe everyone should have been in sarongs!

I personally wear skirts all the time (suites my body-type) and am about as feminist as you can get and still get invited to dinner parties (that's a joke), so I don't see any fuss about it, but the costumes were a bit odd.

Nikec3
April 27th, 2011, 10:22 AM

When your planet has a population of 80, then every women's main goal should be to have as many children as they can. That's logic. :D

Perelandra
April 27th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I hadn't really though about the "women in skirts" thing - that was odd, I think they were just going for a "frontier-look".

If you think about it, skirts are much easier to sew than trousers, so maybe everyone should have been in sarongs!

I personally wear skirts all the time (suites my body-type) and am about as feminist as you can get and still get invited to dinner parties (that's a joke), so I don't see any fuss about it, but the costumes were a bit odd.

I wear skirts a lot, too! and I think they are more comfortable,too! And yes, probably easier to sew, as you mentioned!
I was going to mention that but I didn't want to get too word-y. I think they were just going for the frontier look as well.
I give the ep and 8, or maybe 9. Loved it, had a few quibbles, but all in all good episode.

Stony
April 27th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Hello everybody,
It's my first post here...
I found this episode very good :
- The Flash-backs are very good
- Good visual effects and play of light
- The emotions were very well managed

It's really unfortunate the good episodes come at the end !!!
In their trailer Syfy said :
"Every destiny has an ending".... So, why they don't make an ending for SGU ?
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1977/sgu1110001.th.jpg (http://img90.imageshack.us/i/sgu1110001.jpg/)

PS : Sorry if it's bad writting but I'm not english.

Snookie16
April 27th, 2011, 10:49 AM
you must admit that all along sgu has had a difficult time with their female characters! There was too much "Little house on the prarie" going on here for me! But then just my opinion you know. it's what bothered ME about the ep. :rolleyes:

This may be why most people who rate the eps low won't say why...it becomes "how stupid of you not to like it!" ;)

LtColCarter
April 27th, 2011, 10:59 AM
you must admit that all along sgu has had a difficult time with their female characters! There was too much "Little house on the prarie" going on here for me! But then just my opinion you know. it's what bothered ME about the ep. :rolleyes:

This may be why most people who rate the eps low won't say why...it becomes "how stupid of you not to like it!" ;)

I don't think its stupid if people don't like the episode. Just share why you didn't like it.

I think the episode was far from Little House on the Prairie. If that were the case...the writer of the planet's constitution wouldn't have been a woman. Yes, there was lots of baby makin' going on, but they were trying to survive...to build a new society.

Perelandra
April 27th, 2011, 11:06 AM

I don't think you're stupid for not liking the episode at all-you're being honest and that's a good thing! Not everyone is going to like every episode or even every show.
Nothing wrong with that! That's what makes us all different.
I think the ep was trying to show"here's this great advanced civilization from such humble and hard beginnings, just a handful of people."

carmencatalina
April 27th, 2011, 11:12 AM

No one said that, but you posted that the episode "set back women by 100 years", and that naturally lead to us asking the question, why? You didn't specify.

We came up with several (reasonable, I think) ideas (natural childbirth, gender-specific roles, the costumes) and discussed them.

You are welcome to join in the discussion, or not, as you see fit. That's how we roll!

April 27th, 2011, 11:47 AM

I am actually interested in why you think SGU is putting women back 100 years.

kimmyg
April 27th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I gave a 9 to Epilogue. I truly enjoyed this episode, seeing all the back story to the colonization of Novus, who procreated with whom (Corp Barnes & Eli?), Rush solving the CO2 issue, Dale growing his backbone and telling off Rush and of course, Young finally comforting TJ even if this new dilemma has terrible consequences for her.

I even liked that Varro was operating as a member of the crew, saved TJ's life and Young going back for him when I thought he should have been toast.

I will miss this show terribly.

kimmyg
April 27th, 2011, 02:12 PM
As to the clothing discussion, in the first views (Chloe & Matt's wedding) where their homespun clothes were evident, TJ, Chloe & Matt all had on short shirts with pegs through holes rather than buttons or zippers. Eli's shirt (6 months after Chloe gets pregnant) is a rawhide tie closure.

In Common Descent, Steven was wrapped in Young's jacket seconds after birth because they didn't have any clothing in which to place him. The covering over TJ was just a short animal skin leather. In Epilogue, when TJ is stitching up Young's leg she remarked that the needle was the best Brody could make on short notice.

When you don't have much in the way of resources, time and skill, this is an accurate depiction of clothing you'd need to wear. As you make more of these items, you'll get better at it. It's called practice. That's how our ancestors learned to make what we wear today.

Snookie16
April 27th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I am actually interested in why you think SGU is putting women back 100 years.

one problem sgu has had all along is the women are all defined by their relationships with men (or without men as in Camille's case)- this episode just continued that attitude. a woman is more than her personal relationships with a man. merely how I veiwed the ep.

Skydiver
April 27th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I think the difference is that there are people explaining why they gave it a 10 in these threads, while I'm yet to see anyone even admit to giving an episode a 1 let alone offering any sort of reasoning for it.

i'd say, yeah, so???

Honestly, to play the devil's advocate here...someone says 'i gave it a one because.....' they stand a very good chance of being verbally set up on for bragging about giving it a one, or being too negative or whatever.

Personally? I think it's pretty dang petty and silly to spend your time going around knocking down polls on a show you don't like out of....whatever their motiavation is. but it's their time to spend that way and we don't have a rule against it so.....move on and ignore them.

statistically, their handful of votes really do nothing for the overall rating of an episode.

Dilithium
April 27th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I’m either too new a member here or the poll is closed for voting. As I stated earlier I would otherwise give it a 10 because the episode showed us what could happen to the crew if they eventually settled on a planet somewhere. In doing so the episode rounded out many of the characters and we got deeper glimpses into their personalities. It would have been interesting to have seen an older Rush and what his contributions might have been.

chrono trigger
April 28th, 2011, 07:58 AM
one problem sgu has had all along is the women are all defined by their relationships with men (or without men as in Camille's case)- this episode just continued that attitude. a woman is more than her personal relationships with a man. merely how I veiwed the ep.

i agree:) i personally feel sgu has lacked a woman who could be considered a role model like sam/janet and elizabeth.

carmencatalina
April 28th, 2011, 08:04 AM
i agree:) i personally feel sgu has lacked a woman who could be considered a role model like sam/janet and elizabeth.

I disagree. While imperfect (as all SGU characters are), I think Camille Wray could easily be considered a role model. In my mind, she has "stepped up to the plate" over the last 2 seasons, growing to be a good advisor and even maybe friend to Col. Young, and someone you can depend on.

Perelandra
April 28th, 2011, 08:24 AM
I disagree. While imperfect (as all SGU characters are), I think Camille Wray could easily be considered a role model. In my mind, she has "stepped up to the plate" over the last 2 seasons, growing to be a good advisor and even maybe friend to Col. Young, and someone you can depend on.

I second that.

Lahela
April 28th, 2011, 09:10 AM
I second that.

Thirded. She's an outstanding character. Although I also think that Park, Chloe and (to a lesser extent) TJ and James have also become much stronger than they were at first. Not to mention the minor female characters like Palmer (for her one ep) and Barnes.

carmencatalina
April 28th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Chloe has surprised me, and that is a good thing in a fictional character!

Dilithium
April 28th, 2011, 10:31 AM

My only beef with Camille is that she is HR and I’m not a big fan of Human Resources in general. I get a kick when her “let’s negotiate rather than fight” methods have backfired and caused major foul-ups. She does portray the maddening HR mindset well though.

Lianne
April 28th, 2011, 11:00 AM
My favourite episode of all SGU season 1 and 2.

AMAZING

xxxevilgrinxxx
April 28th, 2011, 02:02 PM
a big NINE!

General Jumper One
April 28th, 2011, 02:31 PM

this

LordRush
April 29th, 2011, 10:39 AM
This was one of the better episodes

Skiznot
April 29th, 2011, 12:37 PM
you must admit that all along sgu has had a difficult time with their female characters!

I don't agree. I think it's funny how some people think Chloe has just been following Matt around when if you really watch you'll see that He is the one doing the following. I guess some assume that just because he carries a gun, he's doing the leading. Chloe has proven her independence early on; she had no fear of going against Wray and defending young. And she even went against Scott to do what she thought was right. Wray may have been a little paranoid that the ship would become a military state just like Rush was paranoid that someone would take his personal crusade away from him. Park stands along side any of the scientists with her command of planetary science. TJ has always been willing to take charge when necessary. I've never define any of these characters based on male counterparts but that's the way my momma raised me.

erotavlas
April 29th, 2011, 05:04 PM
10! Best episode yet

LtColCarter
April 29th, 2011, 06:07 PM
10! Best episode yet

I concur! :D

carmencatalina
April 29th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I've never define any of these characters based on male counterparts but that's the way my momma raised me.
And I've never believed that, because a woman has sex, that it makes her weak. A lot of the criticism that has been leveled at Chloe has to do with her hooking up with Scott. So what? Why does that make her weak in any way? Why shouldn't she have sex if she wants to?

Sex doesn't belong to men, it doesn't belong to women, it doesn't define people, it is a part of the human condition. Human beings have sex in every culture, in every time, and it just a part of life.

We have seen Chloe do so much more than have a relationship, but some people focus only on that, which I think says more about their attitudes towards sex than it does about the character of Chloe.

Pharaoh Atem
April 29th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I concur! :D

i think we all do

sgc
April 29th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Well, I didn't notice any stereotypical gender roles being massively portrayed here. Generally, in such a situation, everyone would be expected to do anything they are able to, regardless of the "expected" gender roles.

About the voting, I voted at least 5 minutes after the show ended. The time stamps are just off ~10 minutes, which is really annoying.

Jacdru
April 30th, 2011, 05:43 PM
After the buildup they did in Decendents i would rate Epilogue 3,

Problem with this episode is all the buildup they did in the previous show, just to throw it all away on a episode about how many babies and who ended up with who.

its almost like the writers had a nervous breakdown after Decendents and forgot what they had written about.

There was so many ways they could have winged that story, the drones that came after them, the other city and so on.

KEK
April 30th, 2011, 06:12 PM
What is "Descendants"?

General Jumper One
April 30th, 2011, 06:22 PM
What is "Descendants"?

How does someone get "Descendants" out of "Common Descent"?

Keeper
April 30th, 2011, 06:31 PM
How does someone get "Descendants" out of "Common Descent"?

maybe a translated version? where common descent didn't get translated entirely literally?

spaceship
April 30th, 2011, 06:56 PM
After the buildup they did in Decendents i would rate Epilogue 3,

Problem with this episode is all the buildup they did in the previous show, just to throw it all away on a episode about how many babies and who ended up with who.

its almost like the writers had a nervous breakdown after Decendents and forgot what they had written about.

There was so many ways they could have winged that story, the drones that came after them, the other city and so on.

Yes I agree with you. I would have liked to see more revelations of advanced technology on nova. I'd also have liked to see them go to the new planet where the novan's settled and meet them. Both these things could have been covered in this episode. Instead they chose to show past AU lives that I think are unimportant in the current timeline.

May 1st, 2011, 05:50 AM
I guess every main character has love interest male and female so that may not be a good thing. But I don't define any of the female characters by who they are sleeping with.

Jacdru
May 1st, 2011, 10:13 AM
Yes I agree with you. I would have liked to see more revelations of advanced technology on nova. I'd also have liked to see them go to the new planet where the novan's settled and meet them. Both these things could have been covered in this episode. Instead they chose to show past AU lives that I think are unimportant in the current timeline.

Ya, i was so hooked on the first Common descent that i really looked forward to the Epilogue even though after 2 seasons i should have known better then to get my hopes up.

Why not spin it to last a few more episodes, they could have helped them against the drones or they could have figured out that they infact was the ones who had built the drones in the first place or they could have had a lot more to do with the second city.

But SGU is gone for a reason and this is one of them, the writers either wanted to put so much in the show that they had to round up quick or the writers was just so badly guided that they acted like a monkey with a typewriter.

kimmyg
May 1st, 2011, 09:45 PM

Dude - have you ever heard of character development? Every TV show does not have to be about who has the biggest, baddest weapons or technology. I blame shooter games, lowest common denominator reality crap and low patience quotients of US viewers for killing SGU. I'll admit it - when the pilot first Aired (pun intended), I wasn't certain I was going to like the show or not. But I stuck with it as a fan of Stargate (all versions). It took me watching the entire S1 over again to really connect with the show.

I enjoyed Epilogue for those AU moments but I wanted more as well. We don't know that we won't get something about the return of the descendants to their new planet in Blockade. Don't rush to conclusions and have an open mind to other possibilities. That's what good sci-fi has always espoused.

wabbit42
May 2nd, 2011, 04:43 AM
I would go so far as to say this could be the best episode in the entire franchise. Big words, I know, but it is definitely a contender--that you cannot argue.

This.

rushy
May 2nd, 2011, 07:30 AM
Good episode. Nice to see how SGU ended to the crew of Time-Twin Destinies.

Keeper - Custode
May 2nd, 2011, 12:54 PM
The good idea of 2x17 is very well, but necessarily, concluded. I've given a seven because of the, by now, usual unhappy end, dramatic cut and unfinished style of the stories.
God bless anyone who would continue stargate, at least in a movie (but in a movie with a good, eucatastrophic and fanciful screen-play)!