PDA

View Full Version : Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

RealmOfX
March 10th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Here you can discuss the spoilers to your hearts content!!

;) No spoilerphobes allowed ;)

EH-T
March 10th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Good to hear (from the announcement thread) that there's a good chance of more Watson in season 4. :)

LadyGalaxyJ
March 10th, 2011, 08:12 AM
I was coming to post this here, my friend just sent a link to me, but I can see I wasn't fast enough.
I'm all happy! :D An ep or two with Watson? I'd take that anytime!

majorsal
March 10th, 2011, 01:57 PM
i hope watson's appearances won't only be flashbacks, but i know that's rather hard when the poor guy is dead. :p

but you never know...

suse
March 12th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Perhaps it will be a whole ep in the past. Like Highlander "The Stone of Scone" :D

majorsal
April 8th, 2011, 02:39 PM
from today's show patrol internet interview with amanda and robin: helen's going to have a love interest for season 4!

i'm not sure to feel :D or :S

~hopes for hot and drool-worthy guy~

:p

LadyGalaxyJ
April 9th, 2011, 01:05 PM
from today's show patrol internet interview with amanda and robin: helen's going to have a love interest for season 4!

i'm not sure to feel :D or :S

~hopes for hot and drool-worthy guy~

You have a link? o.o

Not sure how I feel about it either... ;P

RealmOfX
April 9th, 2011, 01:22 PM
You have a link? o.o

Not sure how I feel about it either... ;P

ShowPatrol (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?66695-Damian-Kindler-other-Cast-Crew-Twitter-Facebook-Updates-Possible-Spoilers!!&p=12495399&viewfull=1#post12495399) & Scifivision (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?66695-Damian-Kindler-other-Cast-Crew-Twitter-Facebook-Updates-Possible-Spoilers!!&p=12495539&viewfull=1#post12495539) on Twitter did some live tweeting during a media conference call with Amanda & Robin. They were posted on the Twitter thread (linked)

LadyGalaxyJ
April 9th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks RoX! (Of course, when I asked for a link, I had gotten to that thread in my GW tour. ;P)

Emengee
April 11th, 2011, 08:12 PM
YAY for Love Interest!!!!

KayLyne
April 19th, 2011, 02:40 PM
From Peter Wingfield's Twitter:
"Read thru was FAB! This is going to be a terrific ep. DK at his very best. And Martin directing Can't tell you who is in it tho'...intrigue!"

Do we know which episode they're starting with this read-thru?

RealmOfX
April 19th, 2011, 03:47 PM
From Peter Wingfield's Twitter:
"Read thru was FAB! This is going to be a terrific ep. DK at his very best. And Martin directing Can't tell you who is in it tho'...intrigue!"

Do we know which episode they're starting with this read-thru?

Yes, it's the second episode to film but it is episode 1 of season 4. Amanda is directing episode 2 and they filmed it first to make it easier on her.

LadyGalaxyJ
April 19th, 2011, 06:15 PM
So Watson back in the first ep? Definitly wondering what's going to be season 3's finale!

kes
April 19th, 2011, 10:14 PM
No he's in the 2nd ep.

@peterwingfield
Read thru was FAB! This is going to be a terrific ep. DK at his very best. And Martin directing Can't tell you who is in it tho'...intrigue!
------------------------

Declan is in the 1st ep.

@RobertLawrenson
Good to be back on #sanctuary set - with the inimitable @amandatapping in the director's chair.

RealmOfX
April 19th, 2011, 11:18 PM
No he's in the 2nd ep.

@peterwingfield
Read thru was FAB! This is going to be a terrific ep. DK at his very best. And Martin directing Can't tell you who is in it tho'...intrigue!
------------------------

Declan is in the 1st ep.

@RobertLawrenson
Good to be back on #sanctuary set - with the inimitable @amandatapping in the director's chair.

The first episode filmed was episode 2. The second episode to start filming Wednesday is episode 1. So it's the other way around.

JanSam
April 20th, 2011, 04:44 AM
No he's in the 2nd ep.

@peterwingfield
------------------------

Declan is in the 1st ep.

@RobertLawrenson

Kes, In a recent interview (I think it was in the TV, eh podcast), Amanda stated they were filming the first two episodes out of order. The 2nd episode in season 4 was filmed first which Amanda directed and episode 1 would start filming this week.

kes
April 20th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Ah so 1st ep. I read she was directing the 1st ep and assumed it was...well the 1st LOL

charles582
April 25th, 2011, 07:59 PM
This isn't a spoiler. I am curious if anyone has heard if the entire cast has signed on for the fourth season?

Chelle DB
April 26th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Well I'm assuming they have as they have already begun filming...everyone thus far has tweeted that they're on board. :)

charles582
April 28th, 2011, 09:31 PM
I had an idea What if they brought in some other abnormals as gods like they did for kali? Maybe some egyptian gods?

Chelle DB
April 28th, 2011, 10:32 PM
No...please no more Egyptian mythology!! I'd prefer they moved away from the religious aspects for a little while. :)

Julian
April 29th, 2011, 05:04 AM
I had an idea What if they brought in some other abnormals as gods like they did for kali? Maybe some egyptian gods?

That sounds really familiar...there was this show... now what was it called.......

helenmagnus23
April 29th, 2011, 05:46 AM
I'd love to them do a WW1 eps or seeing how The Five first met and the big one Helen's other gift that would be so cool!:D I'd love to see that in season 4:D

Chelle DB
April 29th, 2011, 07:07 AM
I got a feeling we're gonna see enough of the war be it WWI or WWII. I'd like to go back to hunting down abby's again. Lets go back to the grassroots of the show. :)

kes
June 3rd, 2011, 09:03 AM
Thank (insert whatever you believe in) for RoX cos I really didnt feel like listening to the interview lol

From the S04 annoucement(sp) thread.

Episode 1 of Season 4 is called Tempus.

Source : Slice of SciFi #319 podcast

More spoilers to come...

I smell time travel lol

majorsal
June 8th, 2011, 04:30 PM
http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/80011-Season-4-Spoilers-**Announcements-ONLY**?p=12670775&viewfull=1#post12670775

from ^ post...

snippet: Some excerpts from the Slice of SciFi podcast -

Amanda
"You see a bit more backstory and history this season. We sort of followed the Hollow Earth story through Season 3 and we see where that culminates. You see the Sanctuary go off in a very interesting, slightly different more independent direction."

so, regarding the bolded statement, what does everyone think this means?

'carentan' spoiler:
in 'carentan', wil said to helen that he thought they were being kicked out of the treehouse or something :p, so maybe this means helen's sanctuary is being pushed out of having THE power and control over abnormals and their fate?

kes
June 20th, 2011, 11:37 PM
I get the feeling we are gonna have a lot more Declan this year:

@RobertLawrenson:
Just wrapped on a super cool ep of #Sanctuary written & directed by Martin...now onto next super cool ep written & directed by Damian!

Galileo_Galilee
June 21st, 2011, 06:40 AM
So there'll be more Methos in the shows.

Hint: the guy who played Watson is the guy who played Methos, the oldest immortal, in the Highlander TV series.

kes
June 21st, 2011, 09:47 AM
At least in the 1st ep. Sweet!

Intersect
June 21st, 2011, 11:44 AM
I was just thinking.. *Spoilers for Into the Black* now when magnus traveled back in time after Adam, in season 3 finale.. maybe we get few Watson episodes. andi really hope Tesla will be main character or something because he's one of my favorites :3

And i seriously need more Nikola/Tesla episodes in season 4. They're always so cute together. Anyone noticed that Helen smiles alot with Nikola? <3

AtlantisRules!!!
June 21st, 2011, 11:52 AM
Lots of Declan and lots of Watson :D Any word on how much Adam there will be? I want lots of Adam. :P

kes
June 21st, 2011, 01:21 PM
Havent read anything about Adam. By the tweets it does sound like quite a bit of Declan thou.
JY in at least 1 of the 1st 6 eps. I'm guessing ep 5.

majorsal
June 21st, 2011, 03:14 PM
I was just thinking.. *Spoilers for Into the Black* now when magnus traveled back in time after Adam, in season 3 finale.. maybe we get few Watson episodes. andi really hope Tesla will be main character or something because he's one of my favorites :3

And i seriously need more Nikola/Tesla episodes in season 4. They're always so cute together. Anyone noticed that Helen smiles alot with Nikola? <3

regarding the season finale -
maybe helen can bring back 'that' james watson, back into our timeline? :D :p

Rocky89
June 21st, 2011, 03:22 PM
regarding the season finale -
maybe helen can bring back 'that' james watson, back into our timeline? :D :p

But, if she does that she'll seriously alter history. :p If she takes him back to the future (:p) then he would never have been with her throughout the years, and all the things they did together, wouldn't have happened. I mean, if he wasn't in the 40's the events of Normandy would have been very different. :p

NumberSix
June 21st, 2011, 08:05 PM
Intersect and majorsal: I like the way you think. ;) More Tesla AND more Watson for me too!

Maybe Helen will meet up back in time with Tesla and Watson and they'll help her fix everything, since they're both geniuses. :) But as much as I'd like Helen to bring Watson back with her so we could have him in the present, I have to agree with Rocky.

Galileo_Galilee
June 22nd, 2011, 10:56 AM
Guys, speculation is not spoilers.

A spoiler is when the writers have confirmed an element in their story will happen and it gets out before hands.

No need to do the spoiler tags when speculating, okay?

charles582
June 22nd, 2011, 08:16 PM
how long do you guys think it will be before we start seeing some previews of season 4?

Chelle DB
June 22nd, 2011, 08:37 PM
how long do you guys think it will be before we start seeing some previews of season 4?
My guess...September sometime...or early October...depends on when the season 4 is scheduled to air. :)

Rocky89
June 22nd, 2011, 10:46 PM
My guess...September sometime...or early October...depends on when the season 4 is scheduled to air. :)

I think it's safe to say we'll get a trailer for the season at CC in July. ;)

Chelle DB
June 23rd, 2011, 12:34 AM
Ah yes...I forgot about CC...clever boy! :P

kes
June 23rd, 2011, 03:23 AM

I think it's safe to say we'll get a trailer for the season at CC in July. ;)

Ah yes...I forgot about CC...clever boy! :P

Yes! A CC trailer :D Can't wait!
From Syfy, I'm going with 2/3 weeks before it airs.

LadyGalaxyJ
June 23rd, 2011, 05:08 AM
Yay for a CC trailer! July isn't that far. I might just be able to hold on 'til then! :D

kes
June 23rd, 2011, 06:39 AM
The only problem is, they tend to have pretty much nothing new lol But hey, panel with some spoilers :D SWEET! Hope it actually happens.

charles582
June 24th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I figured someone needed to start this thread so, fire away!

Here is one. Seeing as how helen may not be able to get back to the time she left using some technology. what if she has to go through the 20th century twice? Maybe she will give herself a new name?

majorsal
June 24th, 2011, 06:44 PM

Here is one. Seeing as how helen may not be able to get back to the time she left using some technology. what if she has to go through the 20th century twice? Maybe she will give herself a new name?

i hope she doesn't have to go through all of that living *again*. :p

Chelle DB
June 24th, 2011, 09:55 PM
That's what I posited in the "Into the Black" thread...she would be 273 years old by the time she gets back to present time if she has to live all those years again...assuming I did my math right. :P But then would she make the same decisions she made in the past, like having Ashley or letting her go out with Henry on that fateful night? If she doesn't do exactly what she did in the old timeline then she changes history...that's the frustrating thing about time travel...if futzes with everything. :)

RealmOfX
June 24th, 2011, 10:34 PM
That's what I posited in the "Into the Black" thread...she would be 273 years old by the time she gets back to present time if she has to live all those years again...assuming I did my math right. :P But then would she make the same decisions she made in the past, like having Ashley or letting her go out with Henry on that fateful night? If she doesn't do exactly what she did in the old timeline then she changes history...that's the frustrating thing about time travel...if futzes with everything. :)

But the other Helen would be there so our Helen wouldn't be making those decisions because she wouldn't be living that life.

atlantis_babe34
June 25th, 2011, 06:04 AM

But the other Helen would be there so our Helen wouldn't be making those decisions because she wouldn't be living that life.

..... my brain hurts lol, i doubt they would write it that she'd have to live through it all again, but you never know with the M.A.D team XD

charles582
June 25th, 2011, 06:55 PM
here is another idea. What if somehow helen did manage to save adam's daughters life but made adam think she was dead? Then it turned out that adam is will's great great grandfather or something like that?

Huaracocha
June 25th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Here's another scenario (that's guaranteed not to happen). Helen bumps into old Helen and they chat. Old Helen demands to know what she's doing interfering with history and our Helen patronises her about being young and foolish whilst starting to explain about our Adam. Old Helen interrupts her to say, fine, she'll deal with Adam and prevent him corrupting the timeline then immediately ganks our Helen because she doesn't want her interfering with history either and can't abide her smug superiority! :o

Galileo_Galilee
June 25th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Safety tip:

NEVER cross the Helens.

Rocky89
June 25th, 2011, 09:40 PM

You forgot something, Chelle. Helen's time in the time bubble would make her a bit older. :p

Chelle DB
June 25th, 2011, 10:33 PM
You forgot something, Chelle. Helen's time in the time bubble would make her a bit older. :p
Oh yeah..by about a year wasn't it...so 274-ish. :P What's a year when you're that old eh? :P

Chelle DB
June 25th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Here's another scenario (that's guaranteed not to happen). Helen bumps into old Helen and they chat. Old Helen demands to know what she's doing interfering with history and our Helen patronises her about being young and foolish whilst starting to explain about our Adam. Old Helen interrupts her to say, fine, she'll deal with Adam and prevent him corrupting the timeline then immediately ganks our Helen because she doesn't want her interfering with history either and can't abide her smug superiority! :o
I like this scenario...plausible...but what does "gank" mean?

Huaracocha
June 26th, 2011, 08:35 AM
I like this scenario...plausible...but what does "gank" mean?

Basically to kill but with overtones of violence / kill quickly / gang up on and kill / gamer speak. You can find it on urban dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ganking) but it's made it into more common parlance than that suggests.. for example I seem to recall Dean using it in Supernatural.

Chelle DB
June 27th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Basically to kill but with overtones of violence / kill quickly / gang up on and kill / gamer speak. You can find it on urban dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ganking) but it's made it into more common parlance than that suggests.. for example I seem to recall Dean using it in Supernatural.
:eek: No...please no ganking Helen...ever!!!!
Thanks for the explanation. :)

Snowman37
June 27th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I'm avoiding spoilers, I've yet to see the third season. That said, can someone tell me why Syfy has reverted back to the 13-episode season? Did the 20-episode third season prove to be too expensive?

RealmOfX
June 27th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I'm avoiding spoilers, I've yet to see the third season. That said, can someone tell me why Syfy has reverted back to the 13-episode season? Did the 20-episode third season prove to be too expensive?

A reason has not been given, however Eureka also only got a 13 ep new season so I'm not sure you can attribute a reason specifically to Sanctuary. It may be they want all their scripted shows 13 eps to enable easier scheduling, who knows?

Huaracocha
June 27th, 2011, 02:19 PM
It's also not unheard of for a 13 episode season to be extended to 20+ if initial reception is favourable I believe.. at least on some networks.

Snowman37
June 27th, 2011, 07:47 PM
A longer season is great, but when it gets shorter... 13 episodes, I mean... come on. I miss the old days when a season of Star Trek equaled 26 episodes (1987-03). In the 2000's, the norm seemed to be about 20-22 episodes which is still pretty good. 13 episodes... that's pitiful. For Sanctuary, I didn't mind, because I knew it was a low budget show with extensive post production. Come Season 3, I figured Syfy finally had faith in the show to commit to a full-length season. Now I feel like the show isn't performing as well.

This is the only show I'm watching putting out new episodes. :(

RealmOfX
June 27th, 2011, 10:41 PM
It's also not unheard of for a 13 episode season to be extended to 20+ if initial reception is favourable I believe.. at least on some networks.

But this won't be the case with Sanctuary because of it's 29-30 week production schedule per episode.

A longer season is great, but when it gets shorter... 13 episodes, I mean... come on. I miss the old days when a season of Star Trek equaled 26 episodes (1987-03). In the 2000's, the norm seemed to be about 20-22 episodes which is still pretty good. 13 episodes... that's pitiful. For Sanctuary, I didn't mind, because I knew it was a low budget show with extensive post production. Come Season 3, I figured Syfy finally had faith in the show to commit to a full-length season. Now I feel like the show isn't performing as well.

I too miss the 26 episode seasons.
*yeah I'm old enough to remember that far back*
*shutup JanSam :P *

Sanctuary isn't a low budget show though. They do things on an incredibly tight budget, yes, but they started out with a budget of over $1.6 million per episode and are now costing almost $2 million an ep - hardly low budget.

I'm not minding the 13 ep S4 that much because there were a few too many "meh" episodes in the back half of S3, certainly the last 5 made up for them but I could do without the preceding ones.

kes
June 28th, 2011, 04:41 AM
But this won't be the case with Sanctuary because of it's 29-30 week production schedule per episode.

I too miss the 26 episode seasons.
*yeah I'm old enough to remember that far back*
*shutup JanSam :P *

Sanctuary isn't a low budget show though. They do things on an incredibly tight budget, yes, but they started out with a budget of over $1.6 million per episode and are now costing almost $2 million an ep - hardly low budget.

I'm not minding the 13 ep S4 that much because there were a few too many "meh" episodes in the back half of S3, certainly the last 5 made up for them but I could do without the preceding ones.
I just hope they dont ditch a story arc for the season just cos they only have 13 eps. I dont want a season full of stand alones. By the way they spoke about the 20 eps I have a feeling the MAD team does the oposite (sp) of pretty much every 13 eps shows I watch. The ones I watch have tight stories that advance the plot. They dont waste
a single minute.

But overall I think they did pretty well. I think S03 was pretty solid. Sure One Night and Wingman sucked. Pax Romana was weak specially considering it was coming out of the hiatus. Will was a little off in most of the 2nd part of the eps, but thats about it. The Father Clack story failed but it didnt play out has planned. But this season has some , if not , the best eps. Breach, FKaC, Awakening, Normandy, Into the Black.

kes
June 28th, 2011, 05:04 AM

20-22 is good for certain shows. Stories with a lot of continuity should have shorter seasons. I think that would have helped Lost, for exemple. Unless you can pull of good stand alones that make sense like Supernatural does, still linking it to the plot and moving it forward.
But anything over 22 is too much. The actors and crew barealy break. And it starts to show.
As for Sanctuary its good because of the budget they can use and because post takes so long. So they can focus on that. I think 16 would have been perfect. But I'm ok with 13. They had some big eps this season. Imagine what they can do in S04 with what they learned in S03.

charles582
June 29th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I had an interesting thought. With this new defense corp being above the sanctuary as far as the U.N. is concerned. What if abby is a part of that group? trying to get information from the sanctuary network? spying on them?

EH-T
June 29th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I had an interesting thought. With this new defense corp being above the sanctuary as far as the U.N. is concerned. What if abby is a part of that group? trying to get information from the sanctuary network? spying on them?

I would be OK with that because then it would give the character more brains than we have seen so far.

kes
June 29th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Indeed lol
Although she's been kinda suspicious from the start.

Skydiver
July 1st, 2011, 06:59 PM
abby being a spy woudl be very interesting.
i'm wondering if the LDC is part of the cabal, or spear headed by any cabal refugees. they certainly seem to have the same 'abnormals are animals' attitude.

Skydiver
July 1st, 2011, 07:02 PM
one speculation has been, 52 weeks divided by 13 = 4.....so if you take sanctuary, eureka, warehouse 13 etc, and have all of them have a 13 eps season then it's easier to pair them up and swap them around with having an extra 7 episodes to deal with

kes
July 11th, 2011, 09:00 AM
THR: Who can viewers expect to see in the upcoming season?

Tapping: The guest stars that the fans have really loved and embraced are all back this year. Carlo Rotta is in an episode called “Monsoon” and he’s laugh out loud funny. Brian Markinson, who has been in everything from Woody Allen films to Angels in America, he did our third episode and we’re having him come back because we loved him so much.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/comic-con-2011-sanctuarys-amanda-209538
Please tell me Carlo Rota isnt her love interest? He barely reaches her breast line.

EvenstarSRV
July 11th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Please tell me Carlo Rota isnt her love interest? He barely reaches her breast line.

Um...not so much. He's only an inch or so shorter, not including Helen's heels: http://twitpic.com/5n4h2f (Courtesy of @RobinDunne)

Skydiver
July 11th, 2011, 04:16 PM
So one of the s4 episodes is Monsoon.

one of them is on a tropical isle, one on an ice breaker, and one in victorian england

kes
July 11th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Um...not so much. He's only an inch or so shorter, not including Helen's heels: http://twitpic.com/5n4h2f (Courtesy of @RobinDunne)
What I mean is lol I wish it was someone taller then her. So unless she's not wearing heels, that's not the case.

kes
July 11th, 2011, 11:28 PM
So one of the s4 episodes is Monsoon.

one of them is on a tropical isle, one on an ice breaker, and one in victorian england
Ep 4 is Monsoon. According to AT its the ep she gets a love interest.
We know Tempus is in Victorian England, at least part of it.
There were pics posted of AT, RR and RL in a very cold set.

siles
July 12th, 2011, 09:51 AM

And are they trying to alienate all Helen/Tesla, Helen/John and even Helen/Will shippers; imho TPTB should be smart enough to stay away from outright shipping Helen; she's an interesting character without all the "soap romance" :(

Altariel
July 12th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I hope too that Carlo Rota will not play her love interest:( Eiter they try to pair her up with tesla, but thinking that would be a little naive or they let her single. But I don´t like the idea that she is with someone else, whom we don´t know.

kes
July 12th, 2011, 12:49 PM
AT asked for it:

PCZ: It seems like on all the conference calls I’ve been on with you guys, and other interviews I’ve seen, everybody asks about Magnus having a love life, having a love interest. I’m wondering at this point, is that sort of… does she kind of derail that because she maybe still has a torch for Druitt in some weird way?

AT: I’ll tell you what happened, is at the beginning of this season, when the writers and Martin, Damian and I were talking about potentials for the season, I said, “Y’know what would be great?” at the very end of this long conversation about story ideas, “if Magnus had a love interest this season. Y’know I don’t care what gender the person is. I don’t care where we go with it. Whether it’s just a one off, but I think Magnus, we need to show this woman is actually capable of love in a context that doesn’t involve a psychopathic murderer.” So, I just thought it would be nice to show that she’s capable of some semblance of a normal relationship outside of the weird men that she has chosen to align herself with. [In a British accent] Could I please just have a relationship with someone who doesn’t kill a lot of women.

RD: [Also in a British accent] Not a serial murderer. [shifts to normal] Could we start there and go up.

AT: Yeah. That’s not good. Could she have a real relationship. To that end, we just shot a really fun episode.

RD: It was really cool.

AT: Episode four, “Monsoon.”

http://popculturezoo.com/2011/05/catching-up-with-amanda-tapping-and-robin-dunne/

siles
July 12th, 2011, 01:13 PM
AT asked for it:

http://popculturezoo.com/2011/05/catching-up-with-amanda-tapping-and-robin-dunne/

Yeah, she asked for Pete on SG-1 and look how that turned out, I wish she would have stuck to her original thought for Sam: write her without paying attention to her gender she'll make her feminine. AFAic the same goes for Helen (even more so). When you take into account they'll have only 13 episode that doesn't leave room for filler episode like in S3 or for forced loved interest for Helen. My advice for Sanctuary TPTB is to treat S4 like it's the last one (ratings for S3.5 are worrisome if the trend continues in S4) so make sure to tie all loose threads and solve all the plots in season 4. I don't want what happened to SGU to happen to Sanctuary

EvenstarSRV
July 12th, 2011, 01:32 PM
What I mean is lol I wish it was someone taller then her. So unless she's not wearing heels, that's not the case.

Fair enough, just seemed like an exaggeration of his height to me.

Plus, we still have no idea who Carlo Rota plays, he may end up being the 'bad guy' of the episode.

Personally, I'm fine with Helen having a bit of a romantic storyline for one episode, and IMHO one episode does not make a 'ship. She's repeatedly stated that she's had several lovers over the decades, so seeing her with one in S4 wouldn't surprise me.

And honestly, I highly, highly doubt the writers will ever do anything more with Helen/Druitt, Helen/Tesla, or Helen/Will ship/flirting than they already have, and personally I'd much rather see Helen with a one-time love interest than an ongoing romantic relationship with any of those characters.

Altariel
July 12th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Yes, Pete was a disaster and I don´t want that to happen in sanctuary. I think too that it would seemed somehow forced if she suddenly falls in love with a men without introducing him in earlier episodes. And for helen showing that she is capable of love, IMHO we already saw her that way and she even had something with james...so I remain sceptical.

I still have the hope it is tesla, but yeah, it´s unlikely, but that would be better than bring somebody new.

majorsal
July 12th, 2011, 01:55 PM
hot guy for helen in season 4!! :p

Rocky89
July 12th, 2011, 01:59 PM
hot guy for helen in season 4!! :p

David Spade would be perfect. ;)

majorsal
July 12th, 2011, 02:00 PM
David Spade would be perfect. ;)

YOU will not be allowed to pic the guy, dude! :S :p

i've been asking for this 'hot guy!' for helen since, i think, season 1. :p

Rocky89
July 12th, 2011, 02:15 PM

Wait, how about they do something for Helen like they did SG-1's Point of View? Where an AR Will, who's married to Helen in the AR comes to the Sanctuary somehow, and starts a romance with our Helen? :)

*Runs from Sally*

lordofseas
July 13th, 2011, 07:27 AM

May I point out the extraordinary age difference? I don't think Helen wants to date men that are intellectually her grandchildren. :P That's why Helen/Tesla works so well. :D And, admittedly, Helen/John, at times.

Chelle DB
July 13th, 2011, 05:53 PM
David Spade would be perfect. ;):p
:eek: Dude...so not right...David Spade?? As in Joe Dirt?? Nuh uh...no way...never! :P

May I point out the extraordinary age difference? I don't think Helen wants to date men that are intellectually her grandchildren. :P That's why Helen/Tesla works so well. :D And, admittedly, Helen/John, at times.
I agree...I think that may be one of the things that must be hard for Helen, to find a man that's intellectually close to her in age...actually aside from Tesla & Druitt that would be impossible but I just can't see her with a toy boy...I don't ever want to think or see Helen as a cougar. *shudders* :)
I think I'm always gonna be a Druitt/Magnus shipper...but I would certainly concede to a Tesla/Magnus ship if that were to happen. :) And though I may be the only one out there to admit this, I kinda liked Olaf...he seemed quite up her alley...intellectually speaking...and he wasn't too bad looking either. :) And he made her smile...so he's in my good book. :)

kes
July 14th, 2011, 05:46 AM
I'm hoping the romantic interest is just a guy she meets and it clicks. You dont always have to be intelectual equals and all that.
Just hormones (sp). Ever looked at a guy, without even knowing his name and purred?
And I'm not talking about an Adonis, just a guys that clicks.
Dudes can have chicks in every port but women can't? It has to have meaning and they have to talk...what year is this?

Mandysg1
July 14th, 2011, 06:29 AM
I think a great love interest (or boy toy :P) would have been Forsythe (sp?), too bad his characgter died.

parsifal
July 14th, 2011, 06:49 AM
I'm hoping the romantic interest is just a guy she meets and it clicks. You dont always have to be intelectual equals and all that.
Just hormones (sp). Ever looked at a guy, without even knowing his name and purred?
Dudes can have chicks in every port but women can't? It has to have meaning and they have to talk...what year is this?

While that may happen for some people in their lives, I don't think it works well on television. The audience isn't going to feel the same 'click' that the character supposedly does. They're just left wondering why the protagonist (male as well as female) is involved with a lesser character and why that should be worth watching. I just don't think it's very conducive to interesting viewing.

Altariel
July 14th, 2011, 07:52 AM
I see it the same way, to make that believable, they should introduce the character a few eps and then maybe. But I still hope it is a one episode thing and then she dumps him and we see him nerver again. But it is always is the different way I want and I want her with Tesla, damned.:(

kes
July 14th, 2011, 08:08 AM
While that may happen for some people in their lives, I don't think it works well on television. The audience isn't going to feel the same 'click' that the character supposedly does. They're just left wondering why the protagonist (male as well as female) is involved with a lesser character and why that should be worth watching. I just don't think it's very conducive to interesting viewing.

If the actors have chemistry it works.
Lesser character is a little strong. Magnus never really rulled over the rest of the cast. She just has more history. Who knows, maybe we'll get some funny moments because of the difference :D

lordofseas
July 14th, 2011, 08:42 AM

Considering Magnus was born, raised, educated, etc. in the Victorian Era, presumably in a higher strata of society, I think she would have a...particular taste of men. I also don't see her as a "man at every port" woman. Magnus seems like a person that only cares about a deeper relationship, not just a one-night stand.

kes
July 14th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Considering Magnus was born, raised, educated, etc. in the Victorian Era, presumably in a higher strata of society, I think she would have a...particular taste of men. I also don't see her as a "man at every port" woman. Magnus seems like a person that only cares about a deeper relationship, not just a one-night stand.
Well she had no probs doing it without being married so.
Plus romantic interest doesnt meen one night stand.

EvenstarSRV
July 14th, 2011, 01:32 PM

I agree about the no 'man at every port', but I wouldn't say 'only' deeper relationships since she didn't seem too opposed to a romantic weekend away with Olaf. She didn't go because of Ashley, not because she never does such things.

Is it a one-night stand if it happens to be someone who's been an acquaintance/friend of Helen's for several years? We the viewers may never have met this character before, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're a stranger to Helen.

majorsal
July 14th, 2011, 03:56 PM

~reposting for agreement*

majorsal
July 14th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I think a great love interest (or boy toy :P) would have been Forsythe (sp?), too bad his characgter died.

omg...

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/6677/samdrool02zb0.gif

Chelle DB
July 15th, 2011, 12:28 AM
I still like Olaf as a love interest...he made her smile...I like him. :)

siles
July 15th, 2011, 12:33 PM
If the actors have chemistry it works.
Lesser character is a little strong. Magnus never really rulled over the rest of the cast. She just has more history. Who knows, maybe we'll get some funny moments because of the difference :D

Seriously can you imagine Sanctuary going a couple of episodes or even seasons without Helen like SG-1 did without Jack? The reason I'm watching me Sanctuary is 65% AT(Helen), 25% Henry, 10% Tesla and 5% the rest of the cast...

kes
July 15th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Seriously can you imagine Sanctuary going a couple of episodes or even seasons without Helen like SG-1 did without Jack? The reason I'm watching me Sanctuary is 65% AT(Helen), 25% Henry, 10% Tesla and 5% the rest of the cast...
That's not what I ment to say.
Yes, Magnus is my fave character too. I would not watch the show without her.
What I ment was that Magnus was never , brain wise, that far ahead of her team.

Skydiver
July 15th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Helen's got such a stick up her bum most of the time, a good 'one night stand' would do her well. Some lovely endorphins to mellow her out a bit (and my gutter mind refuses to go further because I could but then it'd be tasteless and crude and...well you get the picture)

Chelle DB
July 16th, 2011, 02:28 AM
I don't think it would be Sanctuary without Helen. :)
The reason I'm watching Sanctuary is 80% Helen, 50% Tesla, 50% Druitt, 50% Kate, 40% Henry, 40% Declan, 50% Biggie, 50% all the abnormals, 25% Will...please don't tell me the math don't work out but thats just how I watch it. :D That & coz I just love most of the story arcs. :)

Mandysg1
July 16th, 2011, 06:40 AM
I don't think it would be Sanctuary without Helen. :)
The reason I'm watching Sanctuary is 80% Helen, 50% Tesla, 50% Druitt, 50% Kate, 40% Henry, 40% Declan, 50% Biggie, 50% all the abnormals, 25% Will...please don't tell me the math don't work out but thats just how I watch it. :D That & coz I just love most of the story arcs. :)

Does math :tealcanime49: ;)

Yea, AT is the only reason I gave Sanctuary a try, and the character of Helen is what keeps me coming back. We've had episodes which were Helen light, and I didn't like those very much...One Night anyone :S

Skydiver
July 16th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Amanda is what brought me into it. And, overall, I like the premise and plot. My biggest issue is when they 'stargate' it, so to speak. things like One Night. Emphasis on the boys and dating life. I wouldn't mind it if the dating was a b story. but when it's the focus? I just don't care for it. If i want to watch 'date of the week' I'll watch the bachelor :)

Overall, I enjoy the show, I wouldn't still be watching it if I didn't.

Altariel
July 16th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I watch primary because of Helen and then Tesla. I somehow hope her love interest will be a one night stand, but would that be considered as a love interest?

EH-T
July 17th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Does math :tealcanime49: ;)

Yea, AT is the only reason I gave Sanctuary a try, and the character of Helen is what keeps me coming back. We've had episodes which were Helen light, and I didn't like those very much...One Night anyone :S

While Helen is the main draw for me, I also like the other characters. While I prefer lots of Helen, my problem with One Night was not so much that it was Helen light but that it was a bad episode.

Chelle DB
July 18th, 2011, 02:35 AM
While Helen is the main draw for me, I also like the other characters. While I prefer lots of Helen, my problem with One Night was not so much that it was Helen light but that it was a bad episode.
And really, no one can put it more succinct than this...One Night was simply a bad episode. :)
I love the other characters too...I even like Abbey...but I really think Kate is really cool & I love her being on the show...she adds spunk to it. Will & Henry as of late have been my sleeping pill...I almost doze off when I watch them...Henry's too cute though to actually fall asleep without him invading my dreams :P
I'm slowly getting over the whole Hollow Earth thing...just like I really got bored with the Cabal but I'd rather the Cabal come back than Hollow Earth...it just hasn't tickled my fancy yet. :D

Skydiver
July 18th, 2011, 03:44 AM
I tend to agree. I'd love to see an episode that focused on others than Helen. She isn't the end all and be all of the show. that said....One Night was just drivel. I could care less about any character's dating life. I'd like adventure and monsters and mysteries please. with some twists and turns and creative ideas tossed in to keep it interesting

EH-T
July 18th, 2011, 06:26 AM
I would add that I would rather see the relationship of the existing characters continue to develop more than see Will's relationship with random women. Let's see an episode focusing more on Helen and Kate. How about Will and Kate? Whatever happened to the promise of the backstory on the Big Guy?

majorsal
July 18th, 2011, 04:01 PM
i don't mind eps about our ppl and their relationships, just do them good. :p

abby was cute in 'out of the blue', but :S in 'one night'... abby's personality was perfect for 'out of the blue', but to believe she's an fbi agent... to me, she didn't act like on in 'one night', but some head cheerleader, thrown into dealing with being kidnapped and such. :p

but still, i really don't mind eps about relationships... make them believable, and with some depth. including the characters having depth! :p

Altariel
July 23rd, 2011, 10:39 PM
I read that there will be a musical episode. but I don´t know what to think about it...DK said that it is not caused by a spell, dream or fantasy and I wonder how they do it. Maybe a abnormal? But wouldn´t that be equatable with a spell? However I so hope Nikola will be in it :D

Skydiver
July 24th, 2011, 05:44 AM
he also said that it was a cross between glee and exorcist and it's 'rather bloody'

also that all the cast members use their real voices, not voice doubles

hey, if they can pull off bollywood, they can pull off this.

i'm gonna wonder....singing keeps the zombie from eating their brains? so they have to sing everything?

kes
July 24th, 2011, 06:28 AM
The only person I read saying it was a cross between Glee and The Exorcist was @Syfy.
At the panel AT says its NOT Glee, its more like The Exorcist.

Mandysg1
July 24th, 2011, 06:30 AM
I've never liked when they take a show that is supposed be a drama (which Sanctuary is) and do a musical episode. It's just not right that Helen, Will and all just start singing :S Yes I expect it in Glee, that's their show's format, it's not Sanctuary's :(

kes
July 24th, 2011, 06:36 AM
I like when a show goes out of the box. I cant wait to see it. Sure it can suck but it could be really good.

EH-T
July 24th, 2011, 07:36 AM
I saw the clip from the CC panel before I saw DK's tweets. Wasn't sure if they were joking or not. Apparently not. Not exactly what I expected or hoped for with season 4 but I will reserve judgment until I see the ep.

It's funny because I was at a Fringe Festival show this weekend featuring 4 women in their 40s and 50s, it was a musical. Absolutely hilarious and I thought AT would be right at home in that kind of show except I wasn't sure if she could sing. I guess we will find out. :)

Skydiver
July 24th, 2011, 08:19 AM
from Damian

Truth in advertising: @SanctuarySeries s4 is doing a musical episode. It won't suck. And it's not goofy. In fact things get quite bloody.

@SanctuarySeries musical ep facts: no voice doubles. Magnus, Will, and Henry all sing + others. Music by Genius known as Andrew Lockington.

@SanctuarySeries musical ep facts 2: NO spell/dream/fantasy causes singing. Written/directed by Alan Smithee - or me. Depends if u like it.

__

if the glee comment came from syfy, cool. He's got too much going on this weekend for me to track it down.

That said, I don't watch Glee and won't watch Exorcist so there's nothing for me to base it on :)

I'll reserve judgment until I see it. (although I might plan ahead and have an adult beverage handy ;)

EH-T
July 24th, 2011, 09:17 AM
from Damian

Truth in advertising: @SanctuarySeries s4 is doing a musical episode. It won't suck. And it's not goofy. In fact things get quite bloody.

@SanctuarySeries musical ep facts: no voice doubles. Magnus, Will, and Henry all sing + others. Music by Genius known as Andrew Lockington.

@SanctuarySeries musical ep facts 2: NO spell/dream/fantasy causes singing. Written/directed by Alan Smithee - or me. Depends if u like it.

__

if the glee comment came from syfy, cool. He's got too much going on this weekend for me to track it down.

That said, I don't watch Glee and won't watch Exorcist so there's nothing for me to base it on :)

I'll reserve judgment until I see it. (although I might plan ahead and have an adult beverage handy ;)

Does poor AT not realise what she is getting herself into? This shall certainly lead to singing at the next AT event!

Altariel
July 24th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Did Amanda said at comic con that Jonathon would be in the season 4 finale and in good 5 episodes? My english is not that good and it is a hard job to understand all that and amanda talks really fast.:) Would be cool if he is the finale, but I always thought he is just until ep 9:confused:

EvenstarSRV
July 24th, 2011, 11:50 AM
The only person I read saying it was a cross between Glee and The Exorcist was @Syfy.
At the panel AT says its NOT Glee, its more like The Exorcist.

I believe it was RD at the panel who said it was Glee meets the Exorcist, which probably let to @Syfy's tweet. I'm actually looking forward to it because it's fun to see how outside of the box they're willing to go with this show. One of my favorite shows right now is Fringe in part because they're not afraid to experiment with their storytelling style, doing part of one episode animated and also doing a part musical ep.

The Sanctuary writers have done well, IMHO, with other wacky ideas like the Bollywood dancing or the POV filming, so as long as they have an interesting conceit for it I have some faith that they'll be able to pull this off too.

LadyGalaxyJ
July 24th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Did Amanda said at comic con that Jonathon would be in the season 4 finale and in good 5 episodes? My english is not that good and it is a hard job to understand all that and amanda talks really fast.:) Would be cool if he is the finale, but I always thought he is just until ep 9:confused:
Yep that's what she said. :)

The Sanctuary writers have done well, IMHO, with other wacky ideas like the Bollywood dancing or the POV filming, so as long as they have an interesting conceit for it I have some faith that they'll be able to pull this off too.
I agree with this. I don't have any expectations for the episode and I don't want to, but I do think that if anyone can pull this off, it's them. They're hard working people and, if they say it's good, I'm inclined to believe them and to think they did a great job with it.

kes
July 24th, 2011, 03:18 PM
from Damian

__

Watching the rest of the panel. Its RD that says it.

majorsal
July 24th, 2011, 04:05 PM
i'm looking forward to the musical! :p

(i can't wait to hear amanda sing. or try to sing. hehe!)

atlantis_babe34
July 24th, 2011, 07:16 PM
i'm really interested on how they are gonna pull of the musical episode should be good considering its danien kindlers script :D... *has a scrubs flashback* :P

Chelle DB
July 25th, 2011, 12:54 AM
I can't wait to see the tousle with the bustle...sounds like fun! :P

Chelle DB
July 25th, 2011, 01:09 AM
If you watch one of the YT vids from the panel you can hear Amanda sing...so cute!!! :D

Mandysg1
July 25th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Didn't Damian also write One Night? Yea, I'm not so sure about a musical, since he thought that was a good episode too :S

EH-T
July 25th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Article in today`s Globe & Mail about the musical episode:

The feisty, brilliant Dr. Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping) can run a sanctuary for abnormals like no other 160-year-old around. But can she sing. Fans of Sanctuary will find out this fall, when the Canadian science fiction series joins the ranks of Grey`s Anatomy, Scrubs and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and airs a musical episode.

Announced at Comic-Con in San Diego on Saturday, the episode will explore the power of music as it relates to the brain.

``The basis of the story is the idea that there are certain harmonic frequencies that people respond to better than others``said Tapping, who is one of the show`s executive producers, told The Globe and Mail. ``And it gives them heightened abilities.``

In the episode, called Fugue, Abby Corrigan (Pascale Hutton, a trained singer) becomes possessed. Music holds the key to her rescue.

Series creator Damian Kindler, also an executve producer, was the driving force behind the episode. He co-wrote the music with Toronto-based composer Andrew Lockington, as well as the script, and also directs the episode.

When he pitched it to the networks - Space in Canada and Syfy in the U.S.- as a ``scary Exorcist dark rock opera,``Kindler figured they would likely turn him down. ``But they did the exact opposite`` he says. ``They bit down like a starving child on it.``

The show was taped earlier this summer at the show`s Burnaby, B.C. studios. ``In the very first take, it was very nerve-wracking,`` says Tapping. ``But after that, we just got into it.``

The musical episode will air during Sanctuary`s fourth season this November on Space in Canada.

fems
July 25th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Hmm, I was really curious about the episode, but I don't really like Abby... Not sure what to think of it, hope it won't evolve entirely around the FBI Bimbo.

BigBear
July 25th, 2011, 10:28 AM

Thank you for this information.
Does anyone know anything about the cast of this episode?

RealmOfX
July 25th, 2011, 10:48 AM
*sigh* I wasn't over enthused about a musical mainly because they are so hit & miss (manly miss IMO) and lots of shows have done them but as the Sanctuary team has a habit of putting a nice twist on things I was willing to give it a chance. Now they tell us it's an Abby episode?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

*note to self - go into ep with no expectations*

KayLyne
July 25th, 2011, 11:07 AM
I was fairly intrigued by the musical idea (because I figured the Sanctuary twist to it would be interesting) however, I'm much less enthused by it now that I hear it revolves around Abby. But as long as AT gets to sing at some point, I guess I'll be happy.

EH-T
July 25th, 2011, 11:11 AM

You are welcome. :)

Based on what was said at CC, I understand AT and RD will be in it and singing. I think they also mentioned RR would be singing. Obviously PH as Abby but I don't know who else will be in it. Definitely do not see John singing! Hard to imagine Biggie singing. But they could be involved in non-singing roles. Who knows about the others.

*sigh* I wasn't over enthused about a musical mainly because they are so hit & miss (manly miss IMO) and lots of shows have done them but as the Sanctuary team has a habit of putting a nice twist on things I was willing to give it a chance. Now they tell us it's an Abby episode?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I was fairly intrigued by the musical idea (because I figured the Sanctuary twist to it would be interesting) however, I'm much less enthused by it now that I hear it revolves around Abby. But as long as AT gets to sing at some point, I guess I'll be happy.

Look on the bright side, maybe Abby is in a coma due to the possession! :p However, given the reference to PH being a professional singer, I'm guessing she is conscious during the possession. Maybe the thing possessing her will make her evil and not a bimbo. That would be an improvement. :p

KayLyne
July 25th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Based on what was said at CC, I understand AT and RD will be in it and singing. I think they also mentioned RR would be singing. Obviously PH as Abby but I don't know who else will be in it. Definitely do not see John singing! Hard to imagine Biggie singing. Who knows about the others.
I could see Biggie doing background grunts and howls.

Rocky89
July 25th, 2011, 11:43 AM

i'm really interested on how they are gonna pull of the musical episode should be good considering its danien kindlers script :D... *has a scrubs flashback* :P

I can't wait to see the tousle with the bustle...sounds like fun! :P

Didn't Damian also write One Night? Yea, I'm not so sure about a musical, since he thought that was a good episode too :S

I'm quite excited about the episode, Damian has written some really good episodes, and Andrew makes good music, so I'm happy we'll get an episode like this. :) For those skeptical about the music ep for they did that for Buffy, Xena and Scrubs did music eps, and Scrubs was awesome, I was smilling the whole time. :) They were classic episodes, and as fans, I think we should give the ep a chance, and so what if Abby is in it? This is still Sanctuary, and we'll get to hear Helen, Will, Henry and I think Kate. :)

kes
July 25th, 2011, 12:31 PM
DK tweeted this on Jun 18:

"Amazing recording session today with the incomparable Jim Byrnes and the uber talented Pascale Hutton. @SanctuarySeries is in for a treat!"

Could it be? Gregory Magnus singing? LOL

I could see Biggie doing background grunts and howls.

Yeh, Abby ruined it for me too.

BigBear
July 25th, 2011, 12:41 PM
You are welcome. :)

Based on what was said at CC, I understand AT and RD will be in it and singing. I think they also mentioned RR would be singing. Obviously PH as Abby but I don't know who else will be in it. Definitely do not see John singing! Hard to imagine Biggie singing. But they could be involved in non-singing roles. Who knows about the others.

"Amazing recording session today with the incomparable Jim Byrnes and the uber talented Pascale Hutton. @SanctuarySeries is in for a treat!"

Thanks again. I hope that if JY was in this episode, it would not be a mystery.

EH-T
July 25th, 2011, 01:10 PM

Yeh, Abby ruined it for me too.

Jim Byrnes is actually a well known blues musician and singer and I know MW is a huge fan so I could see why they would include him in the musical episode.

If PH is a professional singer then maybe having Abby sing will help us grow to like the character more.

majorsal
July 25th, 2011, 01:35 PM
interesting!! :p

The feisty, brilliant Dr. Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping) can run a sanctuary for abnormals like no other 160-year-old around. But can she sing. Fans of Sanctuary will find out this fall, when the Canadian science fiction series joins the ranks of Grey`s Anatomy, Scrubs and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and airs a musical episode.

Announced at Comic-Con in San Diego on Saturday, the episode will explore the power of music as it relates to the brain.

``The basis of the story is the idea that there are certain harmonic frequencies that people respond to better than others``said Tapping, who is one of the show`s executive producers, told The Globe and Mail. ``And it gives them heightened abilities.``

In the episode, called Fugue, Abby Corrigan (Pascale Hutton, a trained singer) becomes possessed. Music holds the key to her rescue.

Series creator Damian Kindler, also an executve producer, was the driving force behind the episode. He co-wrote the music with Toronto-based composer Andrew Lockington, as well as the script, and also directs the episode.

When he pitched it to the networks - Space in Canada and Syfy in the U.S.- as a ``scary Exorcist dark rock opera,``Kindler figured they would likely turn him down. ``But they did the exact opposite`` he says. ``They bit down like a starving child on it.``

The show was taped earlier this summer at the show`s Burnaby, B.C. studios. ``In the very first take, it was very nerve-wracking,`` says Tapping. ``But after that, we just got into it.``

The musical episode will air during Sanctuary`s fourth season this November on Space in Canada.

dipsofjazz
July 25th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I was a bit wary of the idea of a musical episode in the first place, but reading that Abby is in it makes me dislike the whole idea.
Perhaps if I go into this episode expecting the worst, it can only be better......I hope.

EH-T
July 25th, 2011, 02:38 PM
http://video.syfy.com/shows/sanctuary/v1342747 Sanctuary panel is now up on the Syfy website.

RealmOfX
July 25th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Jim Byrnes is actually a well known blues musician and singer and I know MW is a huge fan so I could see why they would include him in the musical episode.

If PH is a professional singer then maybe having Abby sing will help us grow to like the character more.

The only thing that will make me like the character more is if they stop writing her as an airhead bimbo and more like a professional.

Skydiver
July 25th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Let's lose the 'bimbo' name calling please.

Just not nice. And it skirts the edge of that 'no character bashing' rule we got.

now, not as a mod....well, i did like the grey's anatomy musical one. It was great.

can't say that i find abby enough of a draw though. Poor Will's IQ seems to diminish every time he's within 10 feet of her. And yeah....she ain't no Dana Scully

kes
July 25th, 2011, 04:20 PM

Yeh, I know.

atlantis_babe34
July 25th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I'm quite excited about the episode, Damian has written some really good episodes, and Andrew makes good music, so I'm happy we'll get an episode like this. :) For those skeptical about the music ep for they did that for Buffy, Xena and Scrubs did music eps, and Scrubs was awesome, I was smilling the whole time. :) They were classic episodes, and as fans, I think we should give the ep a chance, and so what if Abby is in it? This is still Sanctuary, and we'll get to hear Helen, Will, Henry and I think Kate. :)

Out of the musical episodes i've seen, Scrubs, Xena, Buffy, Grey's Anatomy.. the scrubs one was defintly the best IMO closly followed by Buffy....

Slighty OT and Spoilers for the msot recent season of grey's
i think the grey's obne could have been better if they didn't have all the medical talk over the top of the singing, made it to hard to concentrate on what what happeening with callie, espeically in the rushed to surgery part

that aside, we can only hope that the script is clever and has a legit reason for the music, because if it doesn't then people will proberly be dissipointed.

i for one am looking foward to it, even if i don't like Abby all that much :)

EH-T
July 26th, 2011, 09:42 AM

Just not nice. And it skirts the edge of that 'no character bashing' rule we got.

now, not as a mod....well, i did like the grey's anatomy musical one. It was great.

can't say that i find abby enough of a draw though. Poor Will's IQ seems to diminish every time he's within 10 feet of her. And yeah....she ain't no Dana Scully

My apologies for the use of the term, it just seemed the best word to sum up why I have generally not liked the way the character has been written.

fems
July 26th, 2011, 10:41 AM

My apologies, but in all episodes she appears in it seems her character is written to come across as an attractive but empty-headed young woman who somehow got a job with the FBI so I find it hard to think of her as something else. Won't do it again, promise.

majorsal
July 26th, 2011, 01:29 PM
My apologies for the use of the term, it just seemed the best word to sum up why I have generally not liked the way the character has been written.

My apologies, but in all episodes she appears in it seems her character is written to come across as an attractive but empty-headed young woman who somehow got a job with the FBI so I find it hard to think of her as something else. Won't do it again, promise.

i consider abby portrayed as a cheer leader, instead of a professional fbi agent. :p

(though i liked her perky sweetness in 'out of the blue', but it fit there :p)

Skydiver
July 26th, 2011, 04:13 PM
No harm guys. We just have to think....would we like it if Sam got called a bimbo???

I do not think that her portrayal fits in with her being an FBi agent or being a person that I would see Will spending time with. I really, really hope there's something to her that's hidden or that she's downplayed.

EvenstarSRV
July 26th, 2011, 05:55 PM

That sounds interesting, and not too far afield from what Sanctuary has done before like Will dancing in order to get Kali to respond to him. Thanks for sharing!

I do not think that her portrayal fits in with her being an FBi agent or being a person that I would see Will spending time with. I really, really hope there's something to her that's hidden or that she's downplayed.

My main 'issue' with Abby is that I think the writers have played her for laughs far too often and at inappropriate times, like when she's supposed to be working in Vigilante or in dangerous situations like One Night/Wingman. I much prefer her when she's allowed to be serious such as the scene with Bigfoot in Vigilante or when confronting Will in Out of the Blue, or goofy when appropriate like the shortbread scene.

Chelle DB
July 26th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I like Abby...I just don't like the way she & Will play off each other sometimes...but I think she ads a little light spark to the show...Kate ads spunkyness & Abby gives that little bit of goofyness...only problem is she's meant to be FBI so maybe she or rather the writers need to tone it down on the aloofness of the character...but in genreal, I like her. :)

Skydiver
July 27th, 2011, 03:52 AM
I totally agree with you about Abby. I feel that they 'vala' her.....overplay her goofiness and sex appeal and being will's girlfriend and underplay the FBI agent she's supposed to be.

surely you can find a better balance between being a bit goofy and being a complete and total ditz
there is charming goofiness - kinda like Amanda in person :)
and then there's the cringeworthy stupid goofiness - which abby seems to have in abundance.

I don't mind her as a character per se. and she can bring that 'that's a what??????' 'everyman' perception to the show that Will first brought with him (you know, new guy amazement), but sometimes they just play it too far for my tastes.

I'm ambivalent about the musical episode. I'll give it a try. But now knowing that it'll focus on Abby, I have this 'great, One Night Part Deux'....and I hope I'm wrong. I just feel they're doing the character such a disservice by making her so goofy

fems
July 27th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Maybe that's the problem I have with her; I didn't like Vala either :P

It's not just the airheadedness, but also that they're supposed to have sex appeal and be awesome. It just doesn't come across for me.

As for the musical episode, I just watched the interview with AT (posted in the spoiler announcement thread) and the way she described it, I'm thinking it won't be that bad (and she didn't mention it being Abby's ep either, so that's another bonus).

EH-T
July 27th, 2011, 06:31 AM
No harm guys. We just have to think....would we like it if Sam got called a bimbo???

Fair comment.

I do hope that one idea you have floated, that she has a hidden agenda, comes to be. That would be a great twist.

Skydiver
July 27th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Abby being a cabal agent....dude that would be epic. Especially if she fooled Will AND Helen AND Kate AND Biggie...no 'yes, i knew but i let her stay to see what she knew' junk. If she foolls one of them after all this time, she fools them all.

EvenstarSRV
July 27th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I totally agree with you about Abby. I feel that they 'vala' her.....overplay her goofiness and sex appeal and being will's girlfriend and underplay the FBI agent she's supposed to be.

surely you can find a better balance between being a bit goofy and being a complete and total ditz
there is charming goofiness - kinda like Amanda in person :)
and then there's the cringeworthy stupid goofiness - which abby seems to have in abundance.

I don't mind her as a character per se. and she can bring that 'that's a what??????' 'everyman' perception to the show that Will first brought with him (you know, new guy amazement), but sometimes they just play it too far for my tastes.

Yeah, I think a degree of goofiness can be an interesting quirk of the character, but I think they needed to focus on the FBI agent/behavioral profiler more. IMO they made the same mistake with Will in those scenes, there was an immaturity that I didn't think fit him, at least to that extent.

I thought they found a good balance for them together in Out of the Blue, so I hope that continues in S4.

I'm ambivalent about the musical episode. I'll give it a try. But now knowing that it'll focus on Abby, I have this 'great, One Night Part Deux'....and I hope I'm wrong. I just feel they're doing the character such a disservice by making her so goofy

From the interviews I've seen AT has quite specifically said the musical episode is not goofy, and RD has said that the situation is rather serious in tone, so I'm rather hopefully it'll work out ok. I think there will also be a better balance with the cast as opposed to the heavy Will/Abby focus in One Night.

Abby being a cabal agent....dude that would be epic. Especially if she fooled Will AND Helen AND Kate AND Biggie...no 'yes, i knew but i let her stay to see what she knew' junk. If she foolls one of them after all this time, she fools them all.

That would be a fantastic twist, though I'm doubtful that's where the writers are going with her. I'm still curious as to how she had access to classified information that Helen didn't have, esp since she's 'just' an FBI agent.

Conn8d
July 27th, 2011, 07:44 PM

Well actually, when she was first introduced and to this day, my mom has been suspicious of Abby being something like that. Or at the very least more than she appears to be. I'm sitting there like, no she is just goofy, but everytime my mom sees her she says there is something suspicious.

Dunno how much that counts for anything, lol, but she always is an interesting contrast to fandoms perspective on the show. I find that she (my sort of gauge for the "every-viewer") tends to be a lot less cynical about characterizations and continuity/plot in some areas than I (more into the fandom) tend to be. And she has been completely right (to my shock sometimes) about things before.

As for my thoughts on Abby, I think that she comes off as very green both in life and the FBI, which manifests in her goofyness, and she uses that the cover her own naivety. Kind of like someone who has trained a lot, or has a lot of education to prepare for fieldwork, but who has only ever really been learning and behind a desk; not actually in the field. So I do think the writers have an opportunity to use her interactions with Will and the Sanctuary to break her in a bit, and to make her a little more worldly.

And given what little we have learned about this musical episode maybe that is what they do in Fugue, so hopefully it'll be good. (And as a musician I look forward to it simply to see what kind of melodic themes and lyrics they create)

Chelle DB
July 27th, 2011, 10:20 PM
This might help explain the musical episodes concept...Amanda did say that it wasn't going to be like other musicals. :)

The meaning of Fugue...which incidently is currently in the top 40% of lookups on Merriam-Webster.com.
1a: a musical composition in which one or two themes are repeated or imitated by successively entering voices and contrapuntally developed in a continuous interweaving of the voice parts
b: something that resembles a fugue especially in interweaving repetitive elements
2: a disturbed state of consciousness in which the one affected seems to perform acts in full awareness but upon recovery cannot recollect the acts performed

What I find myself giggling about is how every season they get wet...literally...I did ask Amanda about this at AT4 and she said she would have to ask tptb about that one...guess they thought that dunking her every season was a good enough answer. :P

Mandysg1
July 28th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Going back to Magnus' love interest :P I'd love to see Cliff Simon play that part! I think those two would have such chemistry on screen together, I enjoyed thier interactions on SG1 and would love to see him playing a character that would fit in Sanctuary's world :D

Chelle DB
July 28th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Going back to Magnus' love interest :P I'd love to see Cliff Simon play that part! I think those two would have such chemistry on screen together, I enjoyed thier interactions on SG1 and would love to see him playing a character that would fit in Sanctuary's world :D
Yes please!!! :D

majorsal
July 28th, 2011, 01:12 PM

oh, me too!! :p

Skydiver
July 28th, 2011, 03:34 PM
oooh, that would be good :)

course chris judge could do it too ;)

kes
July 28th, 2011, 04:10 PM
going back to magnus' love interest :p i'd love to see cliff simon play that part! I think those two would have such chemistry on screen together, i enjoyed thier interactions on sg1 and would love to see him playing a character that would fit in sanctuary's world :d
hot!

BigBear
July 28th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Oh yep!:indeed:

lastrequest
July 29th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I'm not really inspired by the musical episode *shrugs* doesn't really do it for me... but then this is the Sanctuary team so I'm sure whatever the ep is about it will be an interesting take on it - and ofc, gonna be fun watching them sing ;)

As for Cliff Simon - in agreement. Totally want to see him guest starring!! Hmmm.... perhaps a TappingTuesday question ?

EH-T
July 29th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Watched one of the interviews from CC and AT said there were 5 or 6 songs in Fugue. She also seemed very enthusiastic about it. Makes me feel better.

MissCheerfully
August 4th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Hye guys, anybody can confirm that Sanctuary's gonna stay on Monday evening or it'll be back on friday?

EH-T
August 4th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Hye guys, anybody can confirm that Sanctuary's gonna stay on Monday evening or it'll be back on friday?

AT was asked that at Comic-Con and she said she had no idea.

Rocky89
August 4th, 2011, 01:21 PM

AT was asked that at Comic-Con and she said she had no idea.

Syfy has been asked several times about the night on twitter, and here are some of their answers-

http://twitpic.com/606de9

http://twitpic.com/606e14

http://twitpic.com/606ela

At least the word is out. ;) :p

majorsal
August 4th, 2011, 02:38 PM

no confirmation yet, but...

i just have a feeling it's staying on mon.

Chelle DB
August 4th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I dunno...I'm hoping that SyFy realises what a HUGE error it made in shifting Sanctuary to Mondays and puts it back to Fridays. :)
:eek: What the heck am I saying??? SyFy realising it made an error? Well if they do then I'll believe that Netu really will freeze over. :P

KayLyne
August 4th, 2011, 08:49 PM
I dunno...I'm hoping that SyFy realises what a HUGE error it made in shifting Sanctuary to Mondays and puts it back to Fridays. :)
:eek: What the heck am I saying??? SyFy realising it made an error? Well if they do then I'll believe that Netu really will freeze over. :P

SyFy doesn't make errors. They make "creative decisions". ;)

Whatever time slot they have it in, I'm just hoping that they don't change it midway through again. That was the worst part for me.

Rocky89
August 4th, 2011, 08:57 PM

:jack_new_anime07: Thank you! That's why I like you Aussies, you know your stuff. ;)

I was talking to another Aussie friend the other day, and she was saddened by that interview when Amanda talked about what happened to the ratings when the show moved to Mon. Because of that, I never want to see that interview again. :( I hope Syfy sees the error they made, and moves the show home. I mean, I posted those twit pics of the times Syfy replied, and who knows if they've answered them on other occasions.

Syfy sees people are asking them to move it home, so they must see fans want it back on Fri. I just hope that after this weird move with giving Eureka a 6 ep season in S6 doesn't take fans away from asking them about the move.

Whatever time slot they have it in, I'm just hoping that they don't change it midway through again. That was the worst part for me.

That's the thing, it wasn't moved midway, it was moved a little after midway. To move a show that just came off a 4 month break to a new night 3 days after an ep airs, and with little promotion is just dumb. :p It's funny though, those twit pics I posted were the most Syfy had to say about the move, usually it's just "Sanctuary has been renewed for a 4th season." WOW! We didn't already know that. :p

Chelle DB
August 4th, 2011, 10:09 PM
So now we have to start talking about the probablity of a season 5...I love that number...so nice...and so awesome. I wonder how chuffed the Sanctuary team must be having made it this far...I'd love to be a fly on the wall if & when they get the go ahead for season 5. :)

Rocky89
August 4th, 2011, 10:41 PM
So now we have to start talking about the probablity of a season 5...I love that number...so nice...and so awesome. I wonder how chuffed the Sanctuary team must be having made it this far...I'd love to be a fly on the wall if & when they get the go ahead for season 5. :)

Well said. :) I'd love for them to make it to a S5, it is a good number, and the show has earned it to make it that far. :) Oh, and I want a 13 ep season of S5, not 6 like Eureka. :S :p

lastrequest
August 5th, 2011, 03:02 PM

Well said. :) I'd love for them to make it to a S5, it is a good number, and the show has earned it to make it that far. :) Oh, and I want a 13 ep season of S5, not 6 like Eureka. :S :p

Totally hoping for a season 5 too! It definitely deserves to get one, and I agree at least 13 episodes, more than enough to please the fans and not work team-Sanctuary to death :lol:

6 eps for Eureka? that's just ridiculous IMO :mckay:

kes
August 5th, 2011, 03:10 PM
People don't forget, Eureka got 6 eps for S06. S05 hasnt even aired yet. That's not bad. I bet if the ratings continue the way they are they will get more.
I wish Sanctuary already had 6 eps requested for S05. But being an independent production it probably doesnt work very well for the to have more eps requested midway :S

lastrequest
August 5th, 2011, 03:14 PM
People don't forget, Eureka got 6 eps for S06. S05 hasnt even aired yet. That's not bad. I bet if the ratings continue the way they are they will get more.
I wish Sanctuary already had 6 eps requested for S05. But being an independent production it probably doesnt work very well for the to have more eps requested midway :S

Ahhh yes well, fair point fair point.

Skydiver
August 5th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Eureka has 20 episode seasons, so they can go from 6 to 10 or 20

with sanctuary's 13 episode season i bet they're an 'all or nothing' kinda renewal

StarSancFar
August 8th, 2011, 09:57 AM
OMG! I'm so hopeful for a S5!!! The show totally deserves it from coming from humble beginnings, a webshow that was free to watch online, to a 20 episode season 3! Plus the charity work they do, I don't know of another show that does charity work?!

Not to mention the great chemistry the cast and crew have! Bring on Season 4 and more!!

kes
August 8th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Ok this whole Eureka thing has me extremely worried about the future of Sanctuary. I mean they order 6 eps for S06 and now cancel the show and the 6 eps order? Did I read that right? I tought they're Monday nights were a sucess.

RealmOfX
August 9th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Ok this whole Eureka thing has me extremely worried about the future of Sanctuary. I mean they order 6 eps for S06 and now cancel the show and the 6 eps order? Did I read that right? I tought they're Monday nights were a sucess.

There's a big difference between Sanctuary and Eureka, Eureka is produced by Syfy's parent company NBCU and there seem to be some weird decisions now that Comcast has taken over NBC. Sanctuary will have a whole lot of different reasoning whether they get another season after the 4th.

kes
August 9th, 2011, 01:48 AM
There's a big difference between Sanctuary and Eureka, Eureka is produced by Syfy's parent company NBCU and there seem to be some weird decisions now that Comcast has taken over NBC. Sanctuary will have a whole lot of different reasoning whether they get another season after the 4th.

I get that Sanctuary is different but when they start canceling shows that are doing well and part of a sucessfull (sp) night, it worries me. Specially with Sanctuary airing in such season.

Skydiver
August 9th, 2011, 03:44 AM
For all we know, there may be a totally independent reason for Eureka....such as perhaps their powers that be didn't like the half order for s6 and tried to play hardball, only to have skiffy play back harder.....who knows. I'm sure there's more to it than a random yanking of the show.

I haven't seen any of the ratings, but it was my impression that Monday nights were doing okay generally speaking now that network shows are in reruns

RealmOfX
August 9th, 2011, 04:59 AM
For all we know, there may be a totally independent reason for Eureka....such as perhaps their powers that be didn't like the half order for s6 and tried to play hardball, only to have skiffy play back harder.....who knows. I'm sure there's more to it than a random yanking of the show.

I haven't seen any of the ratings, but it was my impression that Monday nights were doing okay generally speaking now that network shows are in reruns

My thoughts were running along the same lines. Ratings have been decent considering they are on Mondays :

................Eureka.........Warehouse 13.........Alphas
...........Viewers...A18-49..Viewers...A18-49..Viewers...A18-49
11-Jul-11..2,016,000..0.7....2,337,000..0.8....2,515,000..0.9
18-Jul-11..2,162,000..0.8....2,457,000..0.9....2,225,000..0.8
25-Jul-11..1,768,000..0.6....2,041,000..0.8....1,954,000..0.7
.1-Aug-11..2,134,000..0.7....2,252,000..0.8....2,031,000..0.7

StarSancFar
August 9th, 2011, 05:57 AM
My thoughts were running along the same lines. Ratings have been decent considering they are on Mondays :

................Eureka.........Warehouse 13.........Alphas
...........Viewers...A18-49..Viewers...A18-49..Viewers...A18-49
11-Jul-11..2,016,000..0.7....2,337,000..0.8....2,515,000..0.9
18-Jul-11..2,162,000..0.8....2,457,000..0.9....2,225,000..0.8
25-Jul-11..1,768,000..0.6....2,041,000..0.8....1,954,000..0.7
.1-Aug-11..2,134,000..0.7....2,252,000..0.8....2,031,000..0.7

Gotany of those ratings for Sanctuary? :D

NumberSix
August 9th, 2011, 07:32 AM

Ohhh, is THAT what they call them? ;)

RealmOfX
August 9th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Gotany of those ratings for Sanctuary? :D

Yeah, they are all in the first posts of the S3 ratings thread

ann_sgcfan
August 9th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Regarding Eureka: It's currently airing season 4.5 with five more episodes left this season, despite the fact the crew filmed it over a year ago.

CRAZY PRODUCTION SCHEDULES
Season 3 had 18 episodes, but it was split up to air over a 2 year period (8 eppys aired in summer 2008 and 10 eppys aired summer 2009).

Season 4 was similar in that they filmed 20 episodes, but aired them again over a two year period - (9 aired summer 2010 + 1 Christmas eppy + 10 eppys this summer). There was talk of releasing 2nd part of s4 in the fall of 2010 then SyFy wanted to wait until after the first of the year and then pushed it back again to this summer.

They have been on the air for 6 years now with good ratings, despite the fact they are only in season 4. It's really crazy production vs. air times as Syfy decides to hold episodes. I'm more surprised they have been able to keep all the actors throughout the lull in production. Basically you have 5 contracts that span a 7 year span by the time all is said and done.

They announced today on the production staff blog regarding Eureka riding off into the sunset in s5 ... which is a little crazy in that they have already started filming the 13 episodes for s5. It sounds like there is some re-writing going on as they hope to give the show a proper send off.

I think Sanctuary is lucky to get 13 episodes, anything more and I think they would have started doing the same thing they did to Eureka - start holding eppys to span a couple of years. What station wouldn't want to pay one contract and then reap the rewards over a two year period. Hoping Eureka was given enough notice for that proper sendoff!

EDIT: Seriously THIS Thursday they start filming the final episode for Eureka YIKES!! Writers get two days to figure out how to end the show. Wonder how this will play out...

majorsal
August 9th, 2011, 01:23 PM
this was something said on the main stargate page, regarding eureka:

from amy berg, one of the writers:

she tweeted: "I have a lot to say, yet nothing to say. Strange

Everyone is asking why. It’s simple, really. We are the network’s golden child in every way, except profit margins. Fact is, #Eureka is an expensive show to make. And we could not maintain the quality of our show with the cuts it would take to make us profitable for Syfy’s new parent company.

Our creative execs at Syfy fought hard to keep us. Trust me, they LOVE us. We just couldn’t make the numbers work.”

maxbo
August 10th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Regarding Eureka: It's currently airing season 4.5 with five more episodes left this season, despite the fact the crew filmed it over a year ago.

CRAZY PRODUCTION SCHEDULES
Season 3 had 18 episodes, but it was split up to air over a 2 year period (8 eppys aired in summer 2008 and 10 eppys aired summer 2009).

Season 4 was similar in that they filmed 20 episodes, but aired them again over a two year period - (9 aired summer 2010 + 1 Christmas eppy + 10 eppys this summer). There was talk of releasing 2nd part of s4 in the fall of 2010 then SyFy wanted to wait until after the first of the year and then pushed it back again to this summer.

They have been on the air for 6 years now with good ratings, despite the fact they are only in season 4. It's really crazy production vs. air times as Syfy decides to hold episodes. I'm more surprised they have been able to keep all the actors throughout the lull in production. Basically you have 5 contracts that span a 7 year span by the time all is said and done.

They announced today on the production staff blog regarding Eureka riding off into the sunset in s5 ... which is a little crazy in that they have already started filming the 13 episodes for s5. It sounds like there is some re-writing going on as they hope to give the show a proper send off.

I think Sanctuary is lucky to get 13 episodes, anything more and I think they would have started doing the same thing they did to Eureka - start holding eppys to span a couple of years. What station wouldn't want to pay one contract and then reap the rewards over a two year period. Hoping Eureka was given enough notice for that proper sendoff!

EDIT: Seriously THIS Thursday they start filming the final episode for Eureka YIKES!! Writers get two days to figure out how to end the show. Wonder how this will play out...

So, we find out that Eureka won't get a 6th season around the same time they start filming the last episode of its 5th season? That's unfortunate. And, here I was thinking that at least the show got enough notice to plan its end.

I hope Sanctuary is given enough notice before the end. I hope Sanctuary gets a fifth season and that it will be treated as the last season with enough threads left to continue if it got a 6th season.

this was something said on the main stargate page, regarding eureka:

from amy berg, one of the writers:

she tweeted: "I have a lot to say, yet nothing to say. Strange

Everyone is asking why. It’s simple, really. We are the network’s golden child in every way, except profit margins. Fact is, #Eureka is an expensive show to make. And we could not maintain the quality of our show with the cuts it would take to make us profitable for Syfy’s new parent company.

Our creative execs at Syfy fought hard to keep us. Trust me, they LOVE us. We just couldn’t make the numbers work.”

It seems as if Syfy's new owners are running a tighter ship and that Eureka could only continue with a reduced budget, which could have hurt the quality of the show. However, I still don't understand why the show wasn't given those 6 episodes to tie things up. I could understand not wanting to fund a 13-20 episode season for an expensive show, but at this late stage, why not fund a final 6 episodes?

Since Sanctuary is probably cheaper than Eureka, at this point, and because 5 seasons seem to be the magic number for total seasons, Sanctuary may make it to a 5th season. However, if that happened then it should be written as if it would be the last season. If the show got picked up beyond that, there would still be enough in the Sanctuary universe to continue on a season by season basis.

samcartersg1
August 10th, 2011, 05:36 AM
So, we find out that Eureka won't get a 6th season around the same time they start filming the last episode of its 5th season? That's unfortunate. And, here I was thinking that at least the show got enough notice to plan its end.

I hope Sanctuary is given enough notice before the end. I hope Sanctuary gets a fifth season and that it will be treated as the last season with enough threads left to continue if it got a 6th season.

It seems as if Syfy's new owners are running a tighter ship and that Eureka could only continue with a reduced budget, which could have hurt the quality of the show. However, I still don't understand why the show wasn't given those 6 episodes to tie things up. I could understand not wanting to fund a 13-20 episode season for an expensive show, but at this late stage, why not fund a final 6 episodes?

Since Sanctuary is probably cheaper than Eureka, at this point, and because 5 seasons seem to be the magic number for total seasons, Sanctuary may make it to a 5th season. However, if that happened then it should be written as if it would be the last season. If the show got picked up beyond that, there would still be enough in the Sanctuary universe to continue on a season by season basis.

So sad that this happened to Eureka....I thought I read somewhere that Syfy was adding an extra episode onto season 5 to wrap things up. Hope it is true. Not a lot of time but if they did write in any cliffhanger into episode 13 at last that can try to address it. I know season 4 of sanctuary will have a cliffhanger so hopefully we get a season 5 and aren't left hanging

maxbo
August 10th, 2011, 06:29 AM
So sad that this happened to Eureka....I thought I read somewhere that Syfy was adding an extra episode onto season 5 to wrap things up. Hope it is true. Not a lot of time but if they did write in any cliffhanger into episode 13 at last that can try to address it. I know season 4 of sanctuary will have a cliffhanger so hopefully we get a season 5 and aren't left hanging

Yes, it was originally reported that Eureka was given a 6-episode Season 6 to wrap things up and then, suddenly that was axed. And, I just read that the final episode of Season 5 is about to film soon, so it's likely Eureka will end on a cliffhanger. It appears that Eureka became too expensive to maintain with a 20 episode season, so I thought they had resolved the issue by funding only 13-episodes for Season 5. And, because that wasn't announced as Eureka's final season, I thought the 6-episodes for a 6th season was to give the show a proper wrap-up.

It appears that something went wrong during the negotiation for those 6 episodes. From the outside looking in, I suspect that Syfy's new owners not only wanted to cut the episodes per season, but also cut the funding per episode and that this wasn't something the show's creatives could do without sacrificing quality. Especially, since those episodes would be the last of the series.

At this point, IMO, Sanctuary is likely in a better position than Eureka because it's probably not as expensive and it's not yet at that 5-year mark. However, if it gets a 5th season, I hope they treat it as if it could be the last and plan accordingly.

samcartersg1
August 10th, 2011, 06:38 AM
I actually meant that I read somewhere they added an additional episode as a series finale. took me awhile to find the article again but here it is

Eureka Stars, Showrunner React to Shocking Cancellation; Syfy Orders Extra Series Finale Episode
http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/eureka_stars_showrunner_react_shocking/257194?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-kristin&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_kristin

maxbo
August 10th, 2011, 07:03 AM
I actually meant that I read somewhere they added an additional episode as a series finale. took me awhile to find the article again but here it is

Eureka Stars, Showrunner React to Shocking Cancellation; Syfy Orders Extra Series Finale Episode
http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/eureka_stars_showrunner_react_shocking/257194?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-kristin&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_kristin

Thanks for sharing this - this is the first I've heard of it. One addition episode is better than nothing, but I'm still puzzled by why they axed the 6 for Season 6. It appears as if the new owners are taking a hard line in the wrong place and I hope Sanctuary doesn't get caught up in this.

EH-T
August 10th, 2011, 08:37 AM
I don't watch Eureka but sorry to hear about the cancellation. From all accounts there were good people involved and it is sad that they have lost their jobs. Also another blow to the BC TV industry.

Impossible to know what this means for Sanctuary. Maybe Syfy is more likely to keep Sanctuary for at least 1 more year since they are losing an established show. Maybe it frees up money that can be spent on season 5 for Sanctuary. Since Sanctuary is an independent production, I would guess that it costs Syfy less and therefore is more likely to get another season. However, since we don't know what goes on and decisions seem to be made by Comcast not Syfy directly, who knows?

I still hope for season 5. Go Sanctuary.

maxbo
August 10th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Yes, there is still hope for Sanctuary because unless one of Syfy's new shows is a Eureka or W13 type of hit *and* cost less, I think Sanctuary has a good chance of getting a 5th season. I also think its chances were increased by having its 4th season return to the less expensive 13-episode format.

Perhaps that will be the wave of the future -- 13-episode seasons. Considering how much fluff 20-episode seasons can contain, that's not a bad idea.

Rocky89
August 10th, 2011, 10:25 AM
I don't watch Eureka but sorry to hear about the cancellation. From all accounts there were good people involved and it is sad that they have lost their jobs. Also another blow to the BC TV industry.

Impossible to know what this means for Sanctuary. Maybe Syfy is more likely to keep Sanctuary for at least 1 more year since they are losing an established show. Maybe it frees up money that can be spent on season 5 for Sanctuary. Since Sanctuary is an independent production, I would guess that it costs Syfy less and therefore is more likely to get another season. However, since we don't know what goes on and decisions seem to be made by Comcast not Syfy directly, who knows?

I don't like Eureka enough to call myself a fan, but I do enjoy it, and I have friends who are fans, so I feel sorry for the show and the fans. :( An article said that the show was very expensive so, I hope that's something in their favor. Another news dude on twitter said that 5 seasons seems to becoming the max number of season a show on Syfy airs, 5 for SG-1, 5 for SGA, some other shows, and now Eureka. If the show could do that, it'd be up there with the other great shows that can do at least 5. :)

Yes, there is still hope for Sanctuary because unless one of Syfy's new shows is a Eureka or W13 type of hit *and* cost less, I think Sanctuary has a good chance of getting a 5th season. I also think its chances were increased by having its 4th season return to the less expensive 13-episode format.

Perhaps that will be the wave of the future -- 13-episode seasons. Considering how much fluff 20-episode seasons can contain, that's not a bad idea.

I remember reading something that because they had 7 extra eps, it was harder to come up with the money, and stretch the main story arc out. The show truly deserves a 5th season after everything it's done, and where it's come from, I mean it was a web show, that came to TV, and it started a charity that's helped a lot of people. :)

(((Sanctuary)))

KayLyne
August 10th, 2011, 10:29 AM
My question would be (sorry if this has been covered. I may have missed a few of the recent posts)

If Sanctuary would get cancelled on SyFy (their "creative decisions" annoy the heck out of me lately!), would that also mean it's done on Space as well. And, do you think the M.A.D. trio would consider bringing the series back to the web?

NumberSix
August 10th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Wow, this sudden cancellation of Eureka is kind of disturbing. I watched Eureka a few times but never really got into it myself, but like everyone else it makes me wonder about the future of other SyFy shows including Sanctuary.

EH-T --

Yes. As much as I've come to love this show, with what SyFy's been doing lately I'm beginning to feel like the best we can get would be to get a fifth season and then if it's the last to have it go out in style.

(But if we get a fifth season then of course I'll start hoping for a sixth. :D)

samcartersg1
August 10th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Wow - just read a rumor that Alphas is being cancelled - the source was pretty questionable but still doesn't make me less nervous for Sanctuary

Rocky89
August 10th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Wow - just read a rumor that Alphas is being cancelled - the source was pretty questionable but still doesn't make me less nervous for Sanctuary

I've been to a few news article sites that talk about the show, and it's ratings, and while the ratings are OK, I've seen some subpar comments about the show. I doubt it'd be cancelled after 1 season, especially after all Syfy did to hype Mon up.

ann_sgcfan
August 10th, 2011, 01:34 PM
My question would be (sorry if this has been covered. I may have missed a few of the recent posts)

If Sanctuary would get cancelled on SyFy (their "creative decisions" annoy the heck out of me lately!), would that also mean it's done on Space as well. And, do you think the M.A.D. trio would consider bringing the series back to the web?

It's my understanding that yes if Syfy cancelled Sanct. then it would be done on Space as well. Unless Space has increased their monetary output for the show. Despite the fact that Sanct. gets money from other sources, I don't know if going back to the web would be beneficial cost wise especially losing Syfy dollars.

On a positive note, the last I heard M.A.D. had another project in the works.

ann_sgcfan
August 10th, 2011, 01:47 PM
According to Syfy on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Syfy Alphas is not being cancelled ... but you know they DO have a reputation for changing their minds.

I think the way they handled Eureka - order 6 episodes for s6 and a month later cancel the show two days before final episode is supposed to be filmed. Also, the fact many of the actors/ crew found out about the cancellation via twitter from SyFy who says they were only responding to a leak about the cancellation and wasn't making a formal statement. Seriously if anyone from SyFy makes a comment on Twitter regarding a show it's a formal statement ... not a very classy move by Syfy.

Poor PTB on Eureka forced to call everyone via phone as news broke, instead of making a formal announcement on the set the next day. From the angry fans I've seen on twitter alone about this ... yeah syfy is losing fans rapidly. Which doesn't bode well for casual viewers tuning in for other shows.

Rocky89
August 10th, 2011, 01:58 PM
According to Syfy on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Syfy Alphas is not being cancelled ... but you know they DO have a reputation for changing their minds.

I think the way they handled Eureka - order 6 episodes for s5 and a month later cancel the show two days before final episode is supposed to be filmed. Also, the fact many of the actors/ crew found out about the cancellation via twitter from SyFy who says they were only responding to a leak about the cancellation and wasn't making a formal statement. Seriously if anyone from SyFy makes a comment on Twitter regarding a show it's a formal statement ... not a very classy move by Syfy.

Poor PTB on Eureka forced to call everyone via phone as news broke, instead of making a formal announcement on the set the next day. From the angry fans I've seen on twitter alone about this ... yeah syfy is losing fans rapidly. Which doesn't bode well for casual viewers tuning in for other shows.

That's what upsets fans the most, not the fact that it was cancelled, but how it was done. Once again Syfy released info to the press and public before informing its cast and they cast had no idea what happened to the show until after twitter exploded. It's the lack of respect and integrity that bothers fans the most.

majorsal
August 10th, 2011, 02:29 PM

i'd like sanct to go 5 seasons too. anything beyond that would be a luxury. :p

but if it's canceled after s4, i hope syfy would give them a way of wrapping things up too.

majorsal
August 10th, 2011, 02:33 PM

maybe. i hope! :)

maxbo
August 10th, 2011, 02:51 PM
According to Syfy on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Syfy (http://twitter.com/#%21/Syfy) Alphas is not being cancelled ... but you know they DO have a reputation for changing their minds.

I think the way they handled Eureka - order 6 episodes for s5 and a month later cancel the show two days before final episode is supposed to be filmed. Also, the fact many of the actors/ crew found out about the cancellation via twitter from SyFy who says they were only responding to a leak about the cancellation and wasn't making a formal statement. Seriously if anyone from SyFy makes a comment on Twitter regarding a show it's a formal statement ... not a very classy move by Syfy.

That's good news for Alphas fans.

I can't believe that Syfy allowed itself to be put in this position again, especially with a show that had done so well for the network. There's nothing wrong with wanting to cut costs and not being able to afford to continue funding 20-episode seasons of Eureka, but to go through this sad back and forth and then have the cancellation come out this way is bad form.

That's what upsets fans the most, not the fact that it was cancelled, but how it was done. Once again Syfy released info to the press and public before informing its cast and they cast had no idea what happened to the show until after twitter exploded. It's the lack of respect and integrity that bothers fans the most.

Exactly! When the news first broke about the cancellation and that Season 5 would only get 13 episodes and Season 6 only 6, I was disappointed about the shortened seasons, but relieved that Eureka was given enough time to have a planned end. I didn't get annoyed until I found out that Eureka wasn't going to get that 6th season wrap-up after all.

Yes, I realize that they had recently approved funding for an additional episode to wrap things up, but this whole thing was handled in an unnecessarily sloppy way.

Rocky89
August 10th, 2011, 03:35 PM
I can't believe that Syfy allowed itself to be put in this position again, especially with a show that had done so well for the network. There's nothing wrong with wanting to cut costs and not being able to afford to continue funding 20-episode seasons of Eureka, but to go through this sad back and forth and then have the cancellation come out this way is bad form.

Exactly! When the news first broke about the cancellation and that Season 5 would only get 13 episodes and Season 6 only 6, I was disappointed about the shortened seasons, but relieved that Eureka was given enough time to have a planned end. I didn't get annoyed until I found out that Eureka wasn't going to get that 6th season wrap-up after all.

Yes, I realize that they had recently approved funding for an additional episode to wrap things up, but this whole thing was handled in an unnecessarily sloppy way.

What really makes fans angry and upset is that they announced 6 new episodes for S6 and then rescinded. What's worse is the timing of it all, there's only, like, 2 weeks left of shooting, so if they didn't get that extra ep to wrap it all up, I don't see how they'd get time to finish the show the right way.

Some think they're letting it go because it's so expensive, or to make more reality shows. I NEVER saw this coming, Eureka was the last show I'd expect them to cancel, it's, like one of their golden eggs. Syfy needs to stay true to what the network is about, like how the Food, History, and Women's network broadcast shows that actually fit the network. I mean, you wouldn't expect them to air shows like House or CSI on the Food network. :S

KayLyne
August 10th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Syfy needs to stay true to what the network is about, like how the Food, History, and Women's network broadcast shows that actually fit the network. I mean, you wouldn't expect them to air shows like House or CSI on the Food network. :S
Try telling that to CMT! I haven't watched for a while, but I really don't think "Are you smarter than a 5th grader", "Dukes of Hazzard", "texas women", "extreme makeover", "my big redneck wedding" or anything else shown on the channel actually has anything to do with "Country Music".

I wish there would be more scifi shows on more mainstream channels - like Falling Skies on TNT, or The Event or Lost, etc.

Regarding Sanctuary, I guess I don't care if it's a longer season or a shorter one, as long as SyFy doesn't give up on the show and get rid of it altogether. I'll take whatever can bring me an AT fix.

kes
August 10th, 2011, 11:14 PM
And I was hoping she'd die in the musical. I really do hope the's grown up *sigh*

@RobinDunne:
Another epic day on @sanctuaryseries. Wicked performances by #brianmarkinson and #pascalehutton. Season 4 finale will be a game changer...

Chelle DB
August 10th, 2011, 11:54 PM
I don't watch Eureka either but I hear it was a good series so am sad to hear it ended...especially in the way SyFy handled it. :( This is why I really have a strong dislike for that network despite AT's faith in them. I hope they don't screw Sanctuary over in the same manner. I also hope Damien has a back up plan just in case SyFy fails to grow half a brain any time soon.

Celandine
August 11th, 2011, 04:40 AM

I think the way they handled Eureka - order 6 episodes for s6 and a month later cancel the show two days before final episode is supposed to be filmed. Also, the fact many of the actors/ crew found out about the cancellation via twitter from SyFy who says they were only responding to a leak about the cancellation and wasn't making a formal statement. Seriously if anyone from SyFy makes a comment on Twitter regarding a show it's a formal statement ... not a very classy move by Syfy.

Who leaked the info in the first place?

EH-T
August 11th, 2011, 06:17 AM

It's my understanding that yes if Syfy cancelled Sanct. then it would be done on Space as well. Unless Space has increased their monetary output for the show. Despite the fact that Sanct. gets money from other sources, I don't know if going back to the web would be beneficial cost wise especially losing Syfy dollars.

On a positive note, the last I heard M.A.D. had another project in the works.

You have to remember that the population in Canada is 1/10th of the size of the US. Our TV industry is very small in comparison and there is no way Space could come up with the money to replace what Syfy is paying.

As for going back to the web I don't see how that is possible either. I can't see them finding a way to make enough money from the web to pay for the show.

Rocky89
August 11th, 2011, 07:13 AM
I don't watch Eureka either but I hear it was a good series so am sad to hear it ended...especially in the way SyFy handled it. :( This is why I really have a strong dislike for that network despite AT's faith in them. I hope they don't screw Sanctuary over in the same manner. I also hope Damien has a back up plan just in case SyFy fails to grow half a brain any time soon.

I don't see any way Syfy could have handled it any worse. :( For the last few years, I've been reading things about Syfy, and how it's been letting fans down, but I never noticed until they started meddling in with Sanctuary. You're not the only one who has a strong dislike for them, Chelle. :(

Amanda had some very nice things to say about the, at CC, and that shows how much class she has for them. :) I would have said the opposite. :p But yeah, I hope Syfy cuts their shenanigans out, and lets Sanctuary do well. :(

(((Sanctuary)))

Skydiver
August 11th, 2011, 08:58 AM
MAD already went on record saying that a web only distribution wouldn't work. Too much piracy and not enough subscribers.

KayLyne
August 11th, 2011, 11:18 AM
And I was hoping she'd die in the musical. I really do hope the's grown up *sigh*

@RobinDunne:
Another epic day on @sanctuaryseries. Wicked performances by #brianmarkinson and #pascalehutton. Season 4 finale will be a game changer...

"A game changer"? You mean, like Will & Abby kill Helen so they can take over the Sanctuary and the abnormals are outraged, so a few of them band together to use their abnormal abilities and revive Helen, who comes back for revenge - and also brings along Helen from the timeline she jumped into at the end of S3 as well. A double-dose of kick-ass Helen would be the ultimate!

ann_sgcfan
August 11th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Who leaked the info in the first place?

The reports I've read give credit to Deadline as the organization that broke the news on Monday night, but what's odd is they have a quote in the article from Mark Stern (SyFy) regarding the cancellation. It looked like a pretty official statement to me. Tuesday is when Twitter blew up with the news. Wil Wheaton (plays Dr. Parrish), two main actresses who have been with the series since it started who play Allison (Salli Richardson-Whitfield) and Jo Lupo (Erica Cerra) all found out on twitter.

In Monday night's statement Mark Stern says the shows 5th season will bring the series to a satisfied end... but actors, writers and fans disagreed on Tuesday when they heard the news. Perhaps reaction is what brought about 1 additional episode order to say farewell.

Given the short notice of the cancellation of Eureka and the fact the producers had planned s5 to end on a cliffhanger.... Which brings up a question.... For Sanctuary do you prefer the seasons to end on cliffhangers or wrap up season long arcs?

JanSam
August 11th, 2011, 12:26 PM
MAD already went on record saying that a web only distribution wouldn't work. Too much piracy and not enough subscribers.

Martin also explained in a interview with TV Eh that the cost of the episodes (I believe he said 2 mill per episode) was just too much to have to wait 6 mos for a return on. Can you imagine having that kind of money floating as debt til the webisodes or episodes air? Very difficult to find anyone willing to back you for that length of time.

majorsal
August 11th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Given the short notice of the cancellation of Eureka and the fact the producers had planned s5 to end on a cliffhanger.... Which brings up a question.... For Sanctuary do you prefer the seasons to end on cliffhangers or wrap up season long arcs?

well, we already know sanct's s4 is going to end on a cliff-hanger, so i hope (IF we get an s5), it's made to end the series, just in case. :p

lastrequest
August 11th, 2011, 02:34 PM
For Sanctuary do you prefer the seasons to end on cliffhangers or wrap up season long arcs?

I'd love for a s5 but no matter how many seasons Sanc. gets I like to think if it ever got cancelled they'd be allowed to tie up any loose ends for us... leaving us hanging with a cliffhanger and no resolution would be hell :p

RealmOfX
August 11th, 2011, 08:37 PM
I'd love for a s5 but no matter how many seasons Sanc. gets I like to think if it ever got cancelled they'd be allowed to tie up any loose ends for us... leaving us hanging with a cliffhanger and no resolution would be hell :p

Damian has always insisted on cliffhanger endings and, unfortunately, I don't see him changing. :S

*resumes chanting - I hatez cliff hangers! I hatez cliff hangers! I hatez cliff hangers!

Chelle DB
August 11th, 2011, 10:54 PM
The reports I've read give credit to Deadline as the organization that broke the news on Monday night, but what's odd is they have a quote in the article from Mark Stern (SyFy) regarding the cancellation. It looked like a pretty official statement to me. Tuesday is when Twitter blew up with the news. Wil Wheaton (plays Dr. Parrish), two main actresses who have been with the series since it started who play Allison (Salli Richardson-Whitfield) and Jo Lupo (Erica Cerra) all found out on twitter.
In Monday night's statement Mark Stern says the shows 5th season will bring the series to a satisfied end... but actors, writers and fans disagreed on Tuesday when they heard the news. Perhaps reaction is what brought about 1 additional episode order to say farewell.

Damian has always insisted on cliffhanger endings and, unfortunately, I don't see him changing. :S
*resumes chanting - I hatez cliff hangers! I hatez cliff hangers! I hatez cliff hangers!
I'm gonna join RoX in the chanting....I hatez cliff hangers! I hatez cliff hangers! I hatez cliff hangers! :P
I hope that Damian has a back up plan just in case...I don't trust SyFy...in fact if I were MAD, (not mad as in angry or insane...not this time anyways! :P) I'd be watching my back for that proverbial knife. :( I'm not sure what I dislike most....SyFy & it's execs who are clueless or cliffhangers.
Oh wait...I'd rather live with a cliffhanger then with SyFy...so long as there is a resolution to the cliffhanger. :D

Skydiver
August 12th, 2011, 02:36 AM
my issue with cliffies is......as shows go on for years there is this pressure to keep topping yourself...and soon those cliffies get built up to ridiculous levels and the season finale ends up being more of a joke than any real tension.

tis a very dangerous balancing act

StarSancFar
August 12th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Yeah, they are all in the first posts of the S3 ratings thread

lastrequest
August 13th, 2011, 03:03 PM

Meh... Okay so we're going to have to go tie up Damien before the end of S5 :p

That said, I don't mind mid-season cliffhangers like the one we got in S3. Because we know the next bit it deff. written and will be resolved :)

kes
August 15th, 2011, 04:46 AM
So either they had some really wacky shooting schedule for the last eps or Agam isnt in them.

RealmOfX
August 15th, 2011, 03:42 PM
So either they had some really wacky shooting schedule for the last eps or Agam isnt in them.

Must be scheduling -
@Agam Darshi
Passing thru chilliwak. Home stretch. Left Banff at 6am. On set for a night shoot at 6pm. Yikes!

kes
August 15th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Must be scheduling -
@Agam Darshi
Passing thru chilliwak. Home stretch. Left Banff at 6am. On set for a night shoot at 6pm. Yikes!
AAAAAAHHHHHH Frak :p

She must have a small part in the last ep. She missed like 1 week.

parsifal
August 16th, 2011, 12:39 AM
@RobinDunne:
Last week of @sanctuaryseries Season 4, so FotoFri everyday! Aww, @amandatapping is so cute highlighting her lines http://twitpic.com/66ufou

I can read the dialogue, but can anyone make out the episode title? Something Part 3, it appears.

kes
August 16th, 2011, 02:04 AM
I can read the dialogue, but can anyone make out the episode title? Something Part 3, it appears.
Didn't even try at home. To early to try to read anything that small. Can anyone post it? I'll try once I get home but that's like 6 hours away :(

Skydiver
August 16th, 2011, 03:48 AM
one thing stargate used to do.....they would film the finale second to last and the second to last episode last....film episode 20 before episode 19 - usually because the finale had extra effects they needed time to do

could stanctuary be doing it the same way?

or perhaps agam already had the time off booked and they accommodated her time by working on other scenes while she was gone. which isn't unusual at all. also if they're filming on location it's possible that their location was only available at a certain time so they were waiting to have access

my ramble....she may/may not have just a 'small part', we don't know enough and there are too many variables to guess

Altariel
August 16th, 2011, 03:51 AM
I can not read the dialoge:( Could anyone write it please?

LadyGalaxyJ
August 16th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Didn't even try at home. To early to try to read anything that small. Can anyone post it? I'll try once I get home but that's like 6 hours away :(

I can not read the dialoge:( Could anyone write it please?

I couldn't catch everything, but the title seems to start by a M or a N... I have a bad screen quality/lighting on my laptop.

And here's the dialogue. Spoilered for lenght.

KATE
Okay, so... Crazy? Brave? Both?

MAGNUS
I can't tell. He certainly believes this is his time and his place.

KATE
To do what? Become a martyr?

BIGFOOT
If he has to.

[They both turn and look at him.]

BIGFOOT (CONT'D)
For him, better to die with honnor, than live as a coward.

KATE
That is such a load of macho crap. (Oh, I love Kate! Hehe!)

BIGFOOT
Difference of opinion.

MAGNUS
I think he's lying.

[Now Biggie and Kate turn to look at Magnus.]

MAGNUS (CONT'D)
If his concern really is for the safety of all the people here, he'd have taken me up on my offer immediately.
(then)
He may talk about death and honnor, but he's a survivor.

[Bigfoot says nothing.]

MAGNUS (CONT'D)
Whatever he's hiding, find it.

Who the hell are they talking about? They couldn't chose another page? *sighs* :P

Altariel
August 16th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Oh my gosh, are they talking about Tesla? Can that be? I know he´s in the finale. But dieing, that´s not good. I´m very excited right now:D

Sounds kind of dramatic, especially magnus, "He is a survivor and all that, I really hope they are talking about Tesla.
Probably I´m wrong, but Magnus sounds kind of desperate, doesn´t she? Oh my fantasy. And in the end it isn´t Tesla.

A girl can dream :-)

And thank you for the dialogue.

If it was planned by Amanda that we could read it? I mean they are always very discreet with spoilers...:D

kes
August 16th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Oh my gosh, are they talking about Tesla? Can that be? I know he´s in the finale. But dieing, that´s not good. I´m very excited right now:D

Sounds kind of dramatic, especially magnus, "He is a survivor and all that, I really hope they are talking about Tesla.
Probably I´m wrong, but Magnus sounds kind of desperate, doesn´t she? Oh my fantasy. And in the end it isn´t Tesla.

If it was planned by Amanda that we could read it? I mean they are always very discreet with spoilers...:D
Could be fake.
Can't be Tesla. Magnus knows him to well to be talking like that.

Altariel
August 16th, 2011, 05:36 AM
A fake?!?! Would they make something like that?

"Can't be Tesla. Magnus knows him to well to be talking like that."

That I don´t understand. How is she talking? She said he´s a survivor, that matches, for he being a vampire and she presumes that he has again his own agenda and that he´s lying, again matches.

But maybe you are right and it´s a fake, but I think it would be a little mean, I mean I´m happy I found out something new.

LadyGalaxyJ
August 16th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Could be fake.
Can't be Tesla. Magnus knows him to well to be talking like that.
I don't think it's fake.
But I do think they chose the page so it wouldn't spoil the finale. I mean, we don't really know anything. Only that someone is acting crazy. :)

fems
August 16th, 2011, 05:51 AM
A fake?!?! Would they make something like that?

"Can't be Tesla. Magnus knows him to well to be talking like that."

That I don´t understand. How is she talking? She said he´s a survivor, that matches, for he being a vampire and she presumes that he has again his own agenda and that he´s lying, again matches.

But maybe you are right and it´s a fake, but I think it would be a little mean, I mean I´m happy I found out something new.

I highly doubt it's Tesla they're talking about. If so, the writers need to get Bigfoot and Kate back in character. They all know Tesla and I doubt Kate would even suggest him being a martyr (not to mention that Tesla is revamped so I doubt he could actually be a martyr), let alone Bigfoot suggesting Tesla would rather die with honor than live as a coward. Don't forget Magnus hadn't seen Tesla in a couple of decades before he was introduced to us, he'd lived ~60 years in hiding after Magnus had arranged his fake funeral. And Tesla wouldn't want to die 'with honor' IMHO, if he were to die somehow he'd want to be remembered for being the biggest genius ever or something like that.

kes
August 16th, 2011, 06:10 AM
I highly doubt it's Tesla they're talking about. If so, the writers need to get Bigfoot and Kate back in character. They all know Tesla and I doubt Kate would even suggest him being a martyr (not to mention that Tesla is revamped so I doubt he could actually be a martyr), let alone Bigfoot suggesting Tesla would rather die with honor than live as a coward. Don't forget Magnus hadn't seen Tesla in a couple of decades before he was introduced to us, he'd lived ~60 years in hiding after Magnus had arranged his fake funeral. And Tesla wouldn't want to die 'with honor' IMHO, if he were to die somehow he'd want to be remembered for being the biggest genius ever or something like that.
Right on. Plus the part about being worried about some ppl. LOL

Altariel
August 16th, 2011, 10:40 AM
You guys are all a little bit hard to Tesla, deep down in his heart he cares for other people and we don´t know what happens in season 4, maybe at this time Kate and Biggie actually like him?!
Maybe I misread that, but I think Biggies: "For him, better to die with honnor, than live as a coward." Is just a gernal opinion.

So I´m still not convinced, that the possibility it is Tesla, is excluded. But who knows. Who could it possible be? Will, Henry? I think they talk about a person they know relativley well. I doubt you would talk that way about a person you know for 3 days so maybe it is no guest star and would TPTB make a guest to the "star" of the ep. So I think it is one of the main characters.

ann_sgcfan
August 16th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I think it's the abnormal of the week - someone new to the sanctuary. The most interesting part I read was Bigfoot's rare move of voicing his opinion. The normally grunting otherwise quiet loyal sidekick actually sounded like he admired or at least related to the guy in question.

kes
August 16th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Could be Druitt.

Altariel
August 16th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Why Druitt? Does Biggie and Kate like him?

kes
August 16th, 2011, 02:24 PM
No. But Druitt has the creature. I see him sacrificing himself. Die with honor. But at the same time he his a survivor. Plus Magnus seemed to dislike the person they were talking about lol
But it could be the new villain. That guy they talked about. They said he was a villain but then not quite so villainous :)

fems
August 16th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Neither Druitt or Tesla would care about "the safety of all these people here". And although the honor/survivor part could relate to Druitt, I really don't think the rest fits him. Don't think it's Henry either, or Will (just doesn't sound like him).

But Bigfoot expressing his opinion is a bit rare... and Magnus does speak about him like she knows him.

Skydiver
August 16th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I think it's the abnormal of the week - someone new to the sanctuary. The most interesting part I read was Bigfoot's rare move of voicing his opinion. The normally grunting otherwise quiet loyal sidekick actually sounded like he admired or at least related to the guy in question.

me too. I think it's someone else, not a known character

Mandysg1
August 16th, 2011, 04:18 PM
me too. I think it's someone else, not a known character

Me three :P I think it's someone we know from history, but with a Sanctuary spin ;)

LadyGalaxyJ
August 16th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I thought Druitt too actually.

Neither Druitt or Tesla would care about "the safety of all these people here". And although the honor/survivor part could relate to Druitt, I really don't think the rest fits him. Don't think it's Henry either, or Will (just doesn't sound like him).
Yeah, but Druitt is the kind of guy to put them all in danger, then sacrifice himself to save them after. So, he 'kind of' cares about their safety. Right? In his own weird-creepy way. o.ô

But honnestly, I'm open to any and all suggestions. We miss a big piece of the puzzle, so anything is possible. ;P

lastrequest
August 16th, 2011, 09:55 PM
It'll probably end up being nobody we could have guessed :lol: I love spoilers but at the same time I hate not knowing exactly what they mean (context etc.)

Maybe it's someone Biggie knows *shrugs*

I don't think it's Druitt or Tesla.

LadyGalaxyJ
August 16th, 2011, 10:19 PM
It's completly the opposite for me. I love speculating on different possibilities. Heh.
Even though I know probably none of them will turn out to be true. ;) :P

Chelle DB
August 17th, 2011, 02:22 AM

Could be Druitt.
Druitt was my first thought...Tesla doesn't fit the bill for that dialogue...what about Adam? Or that abby Thelo from Hollow Earth??
Just a thought. :)