Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
    It's also not unheard of for a 13 episode season to be extended to 20+ if initial reception is favourable I believe.. at least on some networks.
    But this won't be the case with Sanctuary because of it's 29-30 week production schedule per episode.

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    A longer season is great, but when it gets shorter... 13 episodes, I mean... come on. I miss the old days when a season of Star Trek equaled 26 episodes (1987-03). In the 2000's, the norm seemed to be about 20-22 episodes which is still pretty good. 13 episodes... that's pitiful. For Sanctuary, I didn't mind, because I knew it was a low budget show with extensive post production. Come Season 3, I figured Syfy finally had faith in the show to commit to a full-length season. Now I feel like the show isn't performing as well.

This is the only show I'm watching putting out new episodes.
    I too miss the 26 episode seasons.
    *yeah I'm old enough to remember that far back*
    *shutup JanSam *

Sanctuary isn't a low budget show though. They do things on an incredibly tight budget, yes, but they started out with a budget of over $1.6 million per episode and are now costing almost $2 million an ep - hardly low budget.

I'm not minding the 13 ep S4 that much because there were a few too many "meh" episodes in the back half of S3, certainly the last 5 made up for them but I could do without the preceding ones.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      But this won't be the case with Sanctuary because of it's 29-30 week production schedule per episode.

I too miss the 26 episode seasons.
      *yeah I'm old enough to remember that far back*
      *shutup JanSam *

Sanctuary isn't a low budget show though. They do things on an incredibly tight budget, yes, but they started out with a budget of over $1.6 million per episode and are now costing almost $2 million an ep - hardly low budget.

I'm not minding the 13 ep S4 that much because there were a few too many "meh" episodes in the back half of S3, certainly the last 5 made up for them but I could do without the preceding ones.
      I just hope they dont ditch a story arc for the season just cos they only have 13 eps. I dont want a season full of stand alones. By the way they spoke about the 20 eps I have a feeling the MAD team does the oposite (sp) of pretty much every 13 eps shows I watch. The ones I watch have tight stories that advance the plot. They dont waste
      a single minute.

But overall I think they did pretty well. I think S03 was pretty solid. Sure One Night and Wingman sucked. Pax Romana was weak specially considering it was coming out of the hiatus. Will was a little off in most of the 2nd part of the eps, but thats about it. The Father Clack story failed but it didnt play out has planned. But this season has some , if not , the best eps. Breach, FKaC, Awakening, Normandy, Into the Black.

Comment

A longer season is great, but when it gets shorter... 13 episodes, I mean... come on. I miss the old days when a season of Star Trek equaled 26 episodes (1987-03). In the 2000's, the norm seemed to be about 20-22 episodes which is still pretty good. 13 episodes... that's pitiful. For Sanctuary, I didn't mind, because I knew it was a low budget show with extensive post production. Come Season 3, I figured Syfy finally had faith in the show to commit to a full-length season. Now I feel like the show isn't performing as well.

This is the only show I'm watching putting out new episodes.
        20-22 is good for certain shows. Stories with a lot of continuity should have shorter seasons. I think that would have helped Lost, for exemple. Unless you can pull of good stand alones that make sense like Supernatural does, still linking it to the plot and moving it forward.
        But anything over 22 is too much. The actors and crew barealy break. And it starts to show.
        As for Sanctuary its good because of the budget they can use and because post takes so long. So they can focus on that. I think 16 would have been perfect. But I'm ok with 13. They had some big eps this season. Imagine what they can do in S04 with what they learned in S03.

Comment

I had an interesting thought. With this new defense corp being above the sanctuary as far as the U.N. is concerned. What if abby is a part of that group? trying to get information from the sanctuary network? spying on them?

Comment

Originally posted by charles582 View Post
            I had an interesting thought. With this new defense corp being above the sanctuary as far as the U.N. is concerned. What if abby is a part of that group? trying to get information from the sanctuary network? spying on them?
            I would be OK with that because then it would give the character more brains than we have seen so far.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Indeed lol
              Although she's been kinda suspicious from the start.

Comment

abby being a spy woudl be very interesting.
                i'm wondering if the LDC is part of the cabal, or spear headed by any cabal refugees. they certainly seem to have the same 'abnormals are animals' attitude.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm avoiding spoilers, I've yet to see the third season. That said, can someone tell me why Syfy has reverted back to the 13-episode season? Did the 20-episode third season prove to be too expensive?
                  one speculation has been, 52 weeks divided by 13 = 4.....so if you take sanctuary, eureka, warehouse 13 etc, and have all of them have a 13 eps season then it's easier to pair them up and swap them around with having an extra 7 episodes to deal with

sigpic

Comment

THR: Who can viewers expect to see in the upcoming season?

Tapping: The guest stars that the fans have really loved and embraced are all back this year. Carlo Rotta is in an episode called “Monsoon” and he’s laugh out loud funny. Brian Markinson, who has been in everything from Woody Allen films to Angels in America, he did our third episode and we’re having him come back because we loved him so much.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-amanda-209538
                    Please tell me Carlo Rota isnt her love interest? He barely reaches her breast line.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                      Please tell me Carlo Rota isnt her love interest? He barely reaches her breast line.
                      Um...not so much. He's only an inch or so shorter, not including Helen's heels: http://twitpic.com/5n4h2f (Courtesy of @RobinDunne)

sigpic

Comment

So one of the s4 episodes is
                        Spoiler:
                        Monsoon.

one of them is on a tropical isle, one on an ice breaker, and one in victorian england

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                          Um...not so much. He's only an inch or so shorter, not including Helen's heels: http://twitpic.com/5n4h2f (Courtesy of @RobinDunne)
                          What I mean is lol I wish it was someone taller then her. So unless she's not wearing heels, that's not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            So one of the s4 episodes is
                            Spoiler:
                            Monsoon.

one of them is on a tropical isle, one on an ice breaker, and one in victorian england
                            Ep 4 is Monsoon. According to AT its the ep she gets a love interest.
                            We know Tempus is in Victorian England, at least part of it.
                            There were pics posted of AT, RR and RL in a very cold set.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                              And are they trying to alienate all Helen/Tesla, Helen/John and even Helen/Will shippers; imho TPTB should be smart enough to stay away from outright shipping Helen; she's an interesting character without all the "soap romance"

Comment

I hope too that Carlo Rota will not play her love interest Eiter they try to pair her up with tesla, but thinking that would be a little naive or they let her single. But I don´t like the idea that she is with someone else, whom we don´t know.

Comment

Working...
                                X