Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charles582 View Post
    I figured someone needed to start this thread so, fire away!
    Here is one. Seeing as how helen may not be able to get back to the time she left using some technology. what if she has to go through the 20th century twice? Maybe she will give herself a new name?
    That's what I posited in the "Into the Black" thread...she would be 273 years old by the time she gets back to present time if she has to live all those years again...assuming I did my math right. But then would she make the same decisions she made in the past, like having Ashley or letting her go out with Henry on that fateful night? If she doesn't do exactly what she did in the old timeline then she changes history...that's the frustrating thing about time travel...if futzes with everything.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      That's what I posited in the "Into the Black" thread...she would be 273 years old by the time she gets back to present time if she has to live all those years again...assuming I did my math right. But then would she make the same decisions she made in the past, like having Ashley or letting her go out with Henry on that fateful night? If she doesn't do exactly what she did in the old timeline then she changes history...that's the frustrating thing about time travel...if futzes with everything.
      But the other Helen would be there so our Helen wouldn't be making those decisions because she wouldn't be living that life.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        But the other Helen would be there so our Helen wouldn't be making those decisions because she wouldn't be living that life.

..... my brain hurts lol, i doubt they would write it that she'd have to live through it all again, but you never know with the M.A.D team XD
        sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

here is another idea. What if somehow helen did manage to save adam's daughters life but made adam think she was dead? Then it turned out that adam is will's great great grandfather or something like that?

Comment

Here's another scenario (that's guaranteed not to happen). Helen bumps into old Helen and they chat. Old Helen demands to know what she's doing interfering with history and our Helen patronises her about being young and foolish whilst starting to explain about our Adam. Old Helen interrupts her to say, fine, she'll deal with Adam and prevent him corrupting the timeline then immediately ganks our Helen because she doesn't want her interfering with history either and can't abide her smug superiority!
            "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Safety tip:

NEVER cross the Helens.

Comment

You forgot something, Chelle. Helen's time in the time bubble would make her a bit older.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                  You forgot something, Chelle. Helen's time in the time bubble would make her a bit older.
                  Oh yeah..by about a year wasn't it...so 274-ish. What's a year when you're that old eh?
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
                    Here's another scenario (that's guaranteed not to happen). Helen bumps into old Helen and they chat. Old Helen demands to know what she's doing interfering with history and our Helen patronises her about being young and foolish whilst starting to explain about our Adam. Old Helen interrupts her to say, fine, she'll deal with Adam and prevent him corrupting the timeline then immediately ganks our Helen because she doesn't want her interfering with history either and can't abide her smug superiority!
                    I like this scenario...plausible...but what does "gank" mean?
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I like this scenario...plausible...but what does "gank" mean?
                      Basically to kill but with overtones of violence / kill quickly / gang up on and kill / gamer speak. You can find it on urban dictionary but it's made it into more common parlance than that suggests.. for example I seem to recall Dean using it in Supernatural.
                      "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
                        Basically to kill but with overtones of violence / kill quickly / gang up on and kill / gamer speak. You can find it on urban dictionary but it's made it into more common parlance than that suggests.. for example I seem to recall Dean using it in Supernatural.
                        No...please no ganking Helen...ever!!!!
                        Thanks for the explanation.
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'm avoiding spoilers, I've yet to see the third season. That said, can someone tell me why Syfy has reverted back to the 13-episode season? Did the 20-episode third season prove to be too expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                            I'm avoiding spoilers, I've yet to see the third season. That said, can someone tell me why Syfy has reverted back to the 13-episode season? Did the 20-episode third season prove to be too expensive?
                            A reason has not been given, however Eureka also only got a 13 ep new season so I'm not sure you can attribute a reason specifically to Sanctuary. It may be they want all their scripted shows 13 eps to enable easier scheduling, who knows?
                            -

Comment

It's also not unheard of for a 13 episode season to be extended to 20+ if initial reception is favourable I believe.. at least on some networks.

Comment

A longer season is great, but when it gets shorter... 13 episodes, I mean... come on. I miss the old days when a season of Star Trek equaled 26 episodes (1987-03). In the 2000's, the norm seemed to be about 20-22 episodes which is still pretty good. 13 episodes... that's pitiful. For Sanctuary, I didn't mind, because I knew it was a low budget show with extensive post production. Come Season 3, I figured Syfy finally had faith in the show to commit to a full-length season. Now I feel like the show isn't performing as well.

This is the only show I'm watching putting out new episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X