The X Files (feature films)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The X Files (feature films)

I really enjoyed the original movie; I hadn't been following the series for two years, but the story was easy to follow regardless. The second movie that came out a few years ago was a bit of a letdown. I get that they wanted to do a monster of the week story, but that's not what we got. It felt more like CSI with Mulder and Scully. There wasn't anything there that made me think X File except for pedophile priest recieving visions from God and a man's head who kept getting swapped from body to body. After the show ended, that's the best they could do? I'm sorry, but if a man still has a pedophile appetite, he's not right with God, thus I can't bring myself to believe he'd be having visions from God. It's poor writing. As for the head-swapping, that should have been the main plot, but all we got was the occasional glimpse and then that little bit at the end. It was all about a pedophile. After the movie was over, I just felt... gross... I'm hoping there will be one more movie to resolve the whole 2012 alien invasion storyline. Alas, I think the movie I Want to Believe will be the end of the road.

What did you think of the movies, and do you want to see a third?

I would love a third just to sort out the 2012 arc. I mean the idea of X-Files much like SG-1 is that it was now, in our world, just everything was hidden in secret, so we should have an answer for why the world doesn't end next year. Alas I don't think there's any news on thathappening. Even if there's a tv movie I'd love it.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I don't see a third movie being a low-budget affair, so it's theatrical or nothing. I think a third movie will entirely revolve around the script and if FOX can be sold on funding the movie.

Comment

I'm dying to see a third X-Files film.

Comment

You know guys, I think this thread can be merged into the existing general x-files one. There's not much activity on the other one, and I'd imagine that hte movie will refer back to the series.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

http://foreverdyingbrightly.com/blog...les-3-perhaps/

Gillian A says the next movie is coming out of France and doesn't have Gillian A and David D in it
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              You know guys, I think this thread can be merged into the existing general x-files one. There's not much activity on the other one, and I'd imagine that hte movie will refer back to the series.
              I am well aware of the other thread, but I don't want to talk the series, I want to talk the movies. Why must everything X-Files be condensed into one, mass thread?

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
              Gillian A says the next movie is coming out of France and doesn't have Gillian A and David D in it
              Here-say from the actors. People went to see The X Files: I Want to Believe to see Mulder and Scully solve an X-File. The 2012 alien invasion was all about Mulder and Scully, not Doggett and Reyes or some new agents we don't know. Without Mulder and Scully, why bother calling it The X Files? Change around the names, make it something original.
              Last edited by Snowman37; 01 March 2011, 07:05 AM.

Comment

It doesn't have to be. We're fine with two threads. That's why we asked instead of merging.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post

The very idea of X-Files without Mulder and/or Scully is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    It doesn't have to be. We're fine with two threads. That's why we asked instead of merging.
                    Thanks, and I'm sorry if I was snippy. My car broke Monday, and I've been a bit short with people the last few days. Thanks for keeping the thread open.

Comment

Working...
                    X