Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Galactic Battlefront - What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galactic Battlefront - What do you think?

Galactic Battlefront seems to be an exciting new saga that's supposed to make a major impact in books, tv, and film. Seems like they have good storylines but what does everyone think overall? Will they surpass the great sagas of star wars, star trek, and stargate? Or will they die off like so many great sagas we've seen? I've been on gbuniverse.com for like the past three days getting into this and I have to say I hope it catches on

*has no clue what Galactic Battlefront is*

Comment

That makes two of us
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

make that 3, care to share a link?

Comment

make that 4.

Comment

I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

I the Mighty 6 platoon, have done some detective work for you fellow forumites. Searching for the gbuniverse.com mentioned by the op lead me to this site, which I believe is what the op was referring to.
              http://www.gbuniverse.com/Home_Page.html

You can see for yourself at the link, but to cut a long story short, it claims to be a website for a new scifi series that will have books, comics, movies and tv series. Some of their quotes are quite grandiose to say the least, here are some quotes from their website and forums.

Galactic Battlefront is the first saga to be released by Infinite Productions. Infinite is a company that is devoted to fan satisfaction more than anything else, and we believe that this will be the key to our success. We plan to release numerous books, comics, and sidestories over the next few years all in preparation for the huge movie debut in 2013. Once this story is put to film it will be immortalized as one of the greatest epics we've ever seen, and there will be five movies to follow in what most studios would call rapid succession. All-in-all we plan to have two full trilogies completed and released within two years, along with numerous seasons of spin-off television series, all while making sure to keep up with the books, comics, and other extensions we develop.
              The Galactic Battlefront storyline, as so far written; contains seven novels, two television series, nine movies, dozens of comics, and over fifty sidestories.
              The first Galactic Battlefront movie is set to come out in February 2013, it's going to be quite the spectacle seeing the Galactic Battlefront Universe come to life...the projected cost of the film is well into the nine figure range, meaning this depiction should be as real as it gets. Updates and info on the film will be posted here once they become available but until then read on...
              Now so far despite the claims of seven novels, two television series, nine movies, dozens of comics, and over fifty side stories having been written, the only stuff that's available is some back ground stuff at their website, a novel for the Amazon kindle and a free story on their website. Now I can't make any claims about the novel for the Kindle having not bought it, but having read part of the free story I can say that is appalling written, like bad fanfiction bad.

Nevertheless the website does seem to be good for 5 minutes of amusement, as you can see how bad the writing is and be amazed at some of their proposed release dates for their stuff. I say good luck to their ambition of getting 6 major movies costing hundreds of millions of dollars, financed and filmed by 2013 and then all released by 2015.

Comment

Still dont say what its about
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

because I'm bored - I looked up Infinite Productions on Google and for a company that plans on releasing 100 million dollar movies they are not mentioned anywhere. I did find 2 music recording studios and a concert promoter in Seattle.

Also they will probably face a copyright suit from George Lucas for the name. if you google Galactic Battlefront you get several Star Wars games withe very similar names. Galactic Battleground, Battlefront 1: Galactic Civil War, Battlefront 2: Galactic Conquest
                  sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                    Still dont say what its about
                    Badly writen space battles mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                      Also they will probably face a copyright suit from George Lucas for the name. if you google Galactic Battlefront you get several Star Wars games withe very similar names. Galactic Battleground, Battlefront 1: Galactic Civil War, Battlefront 2: Galactic Conquest
                      Hehehe, yeah. When I first saw the thread title, I thought "the Star Wars games?".
                      sigpic

Comment

Sounds rather megalomaniac.
                        I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Comment

Looks like someone created an account just to plug their dumb project, never seen that done before. I wish probies couldn't create new threads.
                          sigpic

Comment

They certainly got big plans.

Now if only they spent a fraction that billion dollars production budget on the website.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              They certainly got big plans.

Now if only they spent a fraction that billion dollars production budget on the website.
                              and proofreading their first manuscript

Comment

Working...
                              X