SYFY channel's lineups and shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SYFY channel's lineups and shows

I am no longer going to call it the syfy channel any more. I am going to call it the Terrible B movie and WWE wrestling channel becasuse that is what it is. All the good shows like Caprica and Stargate Universe are gone, there are nothing on the show but Ghost chase and some other shows. I don't know why syfy channel can't make any good syfy channel shows? Why is that?

Money.

Don't blame the syfy show. Blame the people who would rather watch pseudo reality TV
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

syfy is dead to me, just like the discovery channel, the history channel, and the learning channel. It probably won't be long before cartoon network joins that list.

Comment

yup i totally hate it. the only place i can get scifi now is thru canadian or uk tv or online

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate
          That seems to violate several laws in almost every country

Could stage it on a ship just far enough out at sea I guess. Depends on the network... j/k

Comment

and 'kill the moronic exec' treads dangerously close to real person violence.....so stop it.

within reason, I can see people venting, but seriously, threats of violence over a tv show???? REALLY??

43 minutes of entertainment a week and you're threatening violence??

Get some perspective here.

I can condone a discussion about the current shows on skiffy and your thoughts on whether or not they fall in the definition of science fiction (even as the main reason skiffy changed how it spelled its name was to debunk that argument), but i will NOT allow or condone threats of violence over something as trivial as a TV show.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The new thread title really guts the vitriol
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

What was the worst B movie you have seen? I have only seen the trailers but if I had to pick it would be Mega pirahna.

Comment

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    As much as I disliked it Avatar isn't defined as a B movie
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Eh, the term is used more loosely than it was once upon a time. I realize that for the longest time it was the low-budget 'B spot' on double features, or just generally low-budget badly written sci-fi or western crap in general. These days it's used a little more liberally though. And frankly I think the colossal budget is the only favourable thing that can be said about Avatar. Without that, it's just another godawful badly written sci-fi movie that nobody would've remembered an hour after seeing it.

Comment

Megasnake was pretty bad....especially the accents.

Sharktopus also comes to mind

There's also Teenage Space Vampires

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Eh, the term is used more loosely than it was once upon a time. I realize that for the longest time it was the low-budget 'B spot' on double features, or just generally low-budget badly written sci-fi or western crap in general. These days it's used a little more liberally though. And frankly I think the colossal budget is the only favourable thing that can be said about Avatar. Without that, it's just another godawful badly written sci-fi movie that nobody would've remembered an hour after seeing it.
                          I go by the definition in the dictionary that says B movies are low budge. Avatar is anything but low budget
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I go by the definition in the dictionary that says B movies are low budge. Avatar is anything but low budget
                            Except the 1950s definition (which also includes lesser talent and less promotion) doesn't really hold anymore. Take Mars Attacks! for instance: star-studded, $100m budget, big name director? Check check and check. B movie? OH yeah.

Comment

I would think any movie where a creature is the title is a B movie.

the Blob ( a cult classic i know but still)
                              Sharktopus
                              the fly
                              megasnake
                              werewolf

double B if there's a 'vs' in the title

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X