X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Matrix 4 and 5?

Oi, after Revolutions, I certainly hope not

Keanu Reeves hints The Matrix 4 and 5

At an event in London to promote his newly released movie, Henry's Crime, Keanu Reeves - according to a report at AintItCool - said that "he met the Wachowskis (no emphasis on the word brothers), for lunch over Christmas and stated that they had completed work on a two picture script treatment that would see him return to the world of the matrix as Neo".

The report continues, suggesting that the Wachowskis had met up with James Cameron, "to discuss the pros and cons of 3D", and "are looking to deliver something which has never been seen again".

Reeves, seemingly acknowledging the problems with The Matrix sequels, also apparently said that "he swears this time that the treatment will truly revolutionise the action genre like the first movie".

That's a fair amount to digest.

Firstly, it should be noted that this is a pinch-of-salt piece at the moment. There's not a whisper of official confirmation, nor have we heard from anyone else at the event where Reeves was reported to utter all of the above.

If it is true, though, then a few things. Firstly, appreciating that it's in vogue to slam 3D at every opportunity, a deployment of the technology in the selective manner of Tron: Legacy might actually serve a Matrix sequel well.

Secondly, why two films? Didn't The Matrix franchise (along with the Pirates Of The Caribbean saga) go off the rails when the people behind it were trying to juggle two massive back-to-back productions?

And thirdly, the Wachowskis. Let's assume that it is the Wachowski Brothers that are being referred to. Since Bound and The Matrix in the 1990s, the problem here is that they've not made a compelling film. We quite enjoyed Speed Racer, and it was visually brilliant, but a proper, interesting three-act movie it was not.

Do the Wachowski Brothers have it in them to make a groundbreaking movie again? Most are lucky to manage to do so once in their lives. We'd be happily surprised if they could do it again.
    Den of Geek link
    Ain't It Cool News link
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I read, I lol'd, I left.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

It's been debunked. Keanu was supposed to give one of those chats with a large of group of students at an acting college and they contacted the school who denied Keanu gave any speech. He was in the UK recently talking about his new movie Henry's Crime (saw his interview on BBC News) but that is it.

http://screenrant.com/matrix-4-5-bil...ves-rob-97796/

[UPDATE: The Senior Administrator for the London International School of Performing Arts informed me that Keanu Reeves made no appearance there, assuming that's the correct school. We're waiting on WB for more info.]

[UPDATE 2: Keanu's rep and the studio confirmed that this is entirely fabricated. The only somewhat true part is about the future Robin Hood script, which we knew about already, but it didn't cost anywhere near as much as $5 million]

sigpic

Comment

A 3D remastering (or remake) of the first movie might be interesting.

Comment

Good, I actually thought that ''The Matrix: Revolutions'' wasn't as bad as some people seem to think, we had the final battle in both Zion and the 'Dream World'.

Comment

the Zion battle was great, the Neo vs Smith fight wasn't. Never explained how Smith learnt to fly, or why they turned the final battle into an episode of Dragonball Z.

sigpic

Comment

Thank goodness this seems to be a false rumour.

Comment

Rumor or not, I personally loved Reloaded and Revolutions(except Revolutions was definitely the weakest one, and the only one I find really boring at times). Sometimes it seems I like certain things on purpose because it goes against everyone else's opinion.

I personally would of love to see another Matrix.

Comment

I am a matrix fan too, I would gladly go watch them Although I do agree that they could have made better sequels, The first one is awesome still
                  Signature removed by popular demand...

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post

I personally would of love to see another Matrix.
                    I might be more receptive if I knew neither the Wachowski brothers or Keanu Reeves were going to have any input in future Matrix sequels

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      the Zion battle was great, the Neo vs Smith fight wasn't. Never explained how Smith learnt to fly, or why they turned the final battle into an episode of Dragonball Z.
                      Hehehe. The disappointing thing: it felt like they held back in that fight. I was actually expecting Neo to blast Smith out of the sky with a beam/bolt/ball of light/fire/lightning from his hands in approximation/tribute of/to DBZ.

As for another/more Matrix movie/s: I won't mind. It probably won't make sense to have Neo in it, tho'.
                      sigpic

Comment

Maybe if they pulled a Nolan twist, you're inside a simulation of you being out of a simulation.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                          Maybe if they pulled a Nolan twist, you're inside a simulation of you being out of a simulation.
                          Or an M Night twist with them being already dead the whole time

Comment

While i am a fan of The Matrix movies, i say let sleeping dogs lie, the story was done & finished, unless its a prequel i really dont see any need for another Matrix movie

If however there is infact going to be another trilogy from the Matrix verse i will see them
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

I am very curious to know what happened to Neo, I liked the matrix movies I didn't like the old guy in the room talking to Neo, that was dumb, but overall they really good
                              sigpic
                              May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X