Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muse - The Greatest Sci-Fi Rock Band Ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muse - The Greatest Sci-Fi Rock Band Ever!

Anybody else a fan of the Great British rock band 'Muse'?

Personally I'd have thought EVERY sci-fi fan would love their music, what with the fact that it gives the finger to the modern day obsession with songs about sex/love/teenage crushes/drugs, and instead focuses on government conspiracy, dystopian futures, man-made/alien/natural apocalypses and all that general sci-fi goodness. In fact, half of their stuff wouldn't be out of place if it were part of the soundtrack to a Doctor Who (Knights of Cydonia definitely!) or Stargate movie, the first in particular.

Anyone Else?

No?

Just me?

Aw... drat.
    Last edited by Flyboy; 06 January 2011, 11:51 AM.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Nope...not just you....I absolutely love them and have seen them live 5 times......just missed out on Wembley in September because we flew to LA the next day and just couldn't fit the gig in with the travel timeframe....I have all their albums but really love them from their Origin of Symmetry days...."Feeling Good" and "New Born" remain in my top 5 Muse tunes always...

And on a purely shallow note, Matt Bellamy is pretty darn gorgeous looking!...*blushes*...

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I've only heard one of their songs...Uprising. Which I absolutely love. I have work to do!
      Last edited by Replicator Todd; 07 January 2011, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        I've only heard one of their songs...The Resistance. Which I absolutely love. I have work to do!
        OOO!

Allow me to present two of my favourites then:

'Knights of Cydonia' - Cowboys in Space! For the Firefly/Doctor Who fan.

'Time is Running Out' For the X-Files/Stargate fan...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Muse are.....ok........But I don't think there's anything really outstanding about them. But I'm not a huge fan of most modern bands. A few catch my attention but Muse never have.

Though I must admit Time is Running out is one of my preffered ones of theirs.

I did also just notice that their album Cover for Resistance contains within it the shape of the Earth Symbol on a Stargate.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Sooooooo Awesome! Knights of Cydonia is so cool!

Comment

Runs in the family. Bellamy's father is partly responsible for the awesomest Sci-fi-esque instrumental in the 60's - Telstar. Muse have their moments, but Telstar <3.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I'm a massive fan, but I've never seen them live. Never seen any band live, actually.

There's definitely a science fiction slant to their stuff, which is awesome. Too many good tracks to name them all, but Map of the Problematique, Knights of Cydonia, and Exogenesis. But Butterflies and Hurricanes is my all time favourite.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Their music bugs the heck out of me, change the radio every time it comes on.

Sorry, just not my thing. Though I never noticed the sci-fi theme to their songs before, that's interesting.
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

seen them live at wembley stadium twice, they put on an amazing show, and have great support acts as well

Comment

I really, really dislike Muse. The singer in particular drives me up the wall, and the band in general makes me realize what Radiohead would sound like if they didn't have talent.

Besides, the greatest sci-fi band of all time is Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, you heathen
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Besides, the greatest sci-fi album of all time is Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, you heathen
                        BOW-IE. BO-WIE. B-OWIE. BOWI-E.

What a cool guy.

But Telstar. TELSTAR.
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

They are highly overrated. I liked Showbiz, Origin of Symmetrie was okay too.. after that it was just meh.... .... better listen to Eels or something.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                            They are highly overrated. I liked Showbiz, Origin of Symmetrie was okay too.. after that it was just meh.... .... better listen to Eels or something.
                            See, I first got into Muse with their album Blackholes & Revelations, prior to that I thought Bellamy was a castrated whiner! After loving B&R, I gave Absolution another chance and came to absolutely adore it. Origin of Symmetry I love as well... although I still can't come to terms with Showbiz. I know a lot of long term Muse fans HATE the new stuff, but if you ask me, their album The Resistance, is, as a complete package - utter perfection. Absolution may have better individual tracks in it, such as Hysteria and Time is Running Out, but as an album the story and picture that The Resistance creates is phenomenol.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I will openly admit I had to listen to each album at least three or four times before they grew on me, but Absolution is my overall favourite, while my favourite track comes from Black Holes and Revelations. Origin of Symmetry was okay, Showbiz had a few decent tracks, and The Resistance careered wildly from pure awesome to pure awful.

Muse is also the only music with lyrics that I can listen to while writing. Everything else has to be soundtracks.
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                              X