Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancients V.S Ancients (Stargate vs Farscape)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients V.S Ancients (Stargate vs Farscape)

I have a question for the Stargate franchise in general and the Tv show called Farscape.
    Who is stronger Ancients vs Ancients and who copied who? I say Farscape, I know I have no right to say this after just starting the series ,however, Farscape came after Stargate plus wormhole technology does that sound familiar...

I loved Farscape, but would have to go with the Stargate Ancients. They learned to ascend, and if they chose to use that power, would be godlike.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yeah, I love Farscape, too, but the two ancients are quite different. The SG ancients are, well, godlike...they just have those weird (sorta...) non-interference rules. Farscape's ancients are basically just really advanced aliens w/, as far as was shown, access to Wormhole tech, but, are, for the most part, still mortal.
      Spoiler:
      both ancients, Jack and Einstein still had physical forms that can be hurt, whereas that doesn't seem to be the case w/ SG's ancients. Barring other ascended beings, I think the only thing that could hurt/kill SG's ancients was Merlin's weapon
      sigpic

Comment

I would say the SG Ancients since they can just exist as energy and float around the universe. The Farscape ancients are just really advanced aliens, more alike the Asgard in Stargate.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but the Farscape Ancients weren't dicks.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I don't think we know exactly what or exactly how powerful the Farscape Ancients really are. They could easily be energy beings.

The Farscape Ancients [like Einstein] were from another realm of existence, and could manipulate matter, space and time on a whim. Organic beings posed no threat to them [Look how easily Einstein froze Staleek]. Those 'modified' [given physical form, perhaps?] and sent to live in 'our' universe [like Jack] were still able to manipulate wormholes, though with technology. Einstein was basically an ascended Ancient, Jack was a descended Ancient, like Orlin or Merlin.

What really sets them apart from the SG Ancients is that Einstein unlocked and let Crichton temporarily keep the wormhole knowledge and create a singularity that could have destroyed 'our' universe in order to force peace between the Scarrans and the Peacekeepers. The Farscape Ancients clearly have more common sense than the SG Ancients, and I think that's why the Farscape Ancients would come out on top in a direct conflict.
            Last edited by nx01a; 03 January 2011, 02:50 PM.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I'm uncertain. Both sides raise good points. I think the only thing that can be agreed on is that there is too little information on the status of the Farscape Ancients for us to judge the outcome of a war between the two races.
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I think I made a post like this but it must be wrong. It was Start trek vs stargate but In my oppinion I think the ancients from stargate would win.

Comment

Farscape's ancients had technology that could potentially destroy all of existence if it was misused. So not just "the universe" but all universes, all time and all space.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                    Yeah, but the Farscape Ancients weren't dicks.
                    This!!!!

I pretty much came to loath Stargate Ancients....in any form. I was watching SGA's The Return (pts 1&2) the other day. Just had to cheer again when all 100 or so of those snotty Ancients they found on that ship were massacred by the Replicators.

Though I think Farscape Ancients are easily the more powerful ones.
                    Last edited by LoneStar1836; 05 January 2011, 07:35 AM. Reason: sp
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                      This!!!!

I pretty much came to loath Stargate Ancients....in any form. I was watching SGA's The Return (pts 1&2) the other day. Just had to cheer again when all 100 or so of those snotty Ancients they found on that ship where massacred by the Replicators.
                      I have the exact same opinion of them. It was like the more they showed about what they were actually like the less I liked them.

Farscape's ancients weren't nearly as arrogant and insufferable. I never wanted them to come to any harm, where as I actively delighted in the idea of the Wraith, replicators and who ever else taking the smug SG *******s down a few pegs. I just wish there'd been more episodes like that and less depicting them as "superior beings" because they certainly were not to me.

Comment

One thing is for sure, it would probably be one hell of a battle to witness.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

However when the Ancients were acsended beings didn't they know tips and tricks to do on the lower planes of existance thus being possible that they could destroy every universe below them because I beilive they had the knoledge and god like power.

Comment

They had the knowledge and power, yes, but it was against their stupid moral code to interfere, even when interference would save themselves from destruction [as seen with the Ori].
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              They had the knowledge and power, yes, but it was against their stupid moral code to interfere, even when interference would save themselves from destruction [as seen with the Ori].
                              Hammond had a moral code for the SGC to not steal technology from other, more advanced civilizations, ignoring the fact that if they had, lives would have been saved.
                              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Working...
                              X