At the Movies - 2011 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the Movies - 2011 Edition

Science fiction and fantasy is big business when it comes to movies, with nine out of the top ten movies of all time science fiction and fantasy based, with total worldwide box office sales of more than $10 billion. This success is set to continue in 2011 with several big movies storming into cinemas, including:-

Sucker Punch
    The Thing
    Green Hornet
    Battle: Los Angeles
    Thor
    Super 8
    Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
    X-Men: First Class
    Green Lantern
    Rise of the Apes
    Transformers 3: Dark Side of the Moon
    The Adjustment Bureau
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
    Captain America: The First Avenger
    Cowboys and Aliens
    Contagion
    Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1

So what are you looking forward to??
    Sucker Punch
    3.75%
    Thor
    10.63%
    Battle: Los Angeles
    5.00%
    The Thing
    1.25%
    Super 8
    3.75%
    Rise of the Apes
    1.88%
    The Adjustment Bureau
    2.50%
    9.38%
    Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1
    0.63%
    8.13%
    Captain America: The First Avenger
    8.13%
    Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
    13.13%
    Green Hornet
    1.88%
    Contagion
    1.25%
    Cowboys and Aliens
    7.50%
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
    11.25%
    Green Lantern
    8.75%
    Other (please specify)
    1.25%
    Last edited by Madwelshboy; 31 December 2010, 06:39 AM.

I said:

Thor
    Super 8
    Green Lantern

I haven't really been paying enough attention to the others. Actually I didn't even look to see what X-Men was about until after I voted.
    "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
    - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Well from the list, Thor, First Class, Transformers, Captain America, PotC, Green Hornet, Lantern and Potter get my vote.

When it comes to "other", I'm looking forward to Tin Tin, Sherlock Holmes 2, M:I4, Puss In Boots (the Shrek spinoff) and maybe, The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made (who doesn't love Muppets).

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        Well from the list, Thor, First Class, Transformers, Captain America, PotC, Green Hornet, Lantern and Potter get my vote.

When it comes to "other", I'm looking forward to Tin Tin, Sherlock Holmes 2, M:I4, Puss In Boots (the Shrek spinoff) and maybe, The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made (who doesn't love Muppets).
        A Puss in Boots spin-off of Shrek? Why can't these people just leave well enough alone? Four Shrek movies wasn't enough?

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
          A Puss in Boots spin-off of Shrek? Why can't these people just leave well enough alone? Four Shrek movies wasn't enough?
          I think three was enough, the fourth was crap but I love Puss In Boots so I am looking forward to this one.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            I think three was enough, the fourth was crap but I love Puss In Boots so I am looking forward to this one.
            I haven't watched the fourth for that reason. I thought three was bad and I didn't want to compound the problem with another.

Comment

I think the only one I'm truly looking forward to is the new PotC movie. Although I'm curious about several others, and plan on checking them out (Thor, X-Men, Captain America, Green Lantern).
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

I'm definitely mostly looking forward to Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2(speaking of which I haven't seen Part 1 yet ). But I'm also looking forward to Thor, X-Men: First Class, Sucker Punch, Super 8, Green Lantern, Captain America: The First Avenger, Cowboys and Aliens, and to a lesser extent Transformers 3.

Comment

pirates
                  transformers
                  thor
                  harry potter

the rest i either haven't heard of, or only have a passing/rental/download interest in.

oh wait, i forgot to vote for Super 8, which is the new JJ movie right? yeah I am interested in that too.

Comment

I'm looking forward to several of these movies, including the adjustment bureau. Looks a bit like a new "code 46" type of story.
                    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger & Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides are main ones that im looking forward to. Not that I expect Captain America to capture the magic of Ed Brubaker's current run, which made me fall in love with the character. But I'm not really the type of person that generally phased with changes from page to screen.

X-Men: First Class and Green Lantern wound round a top 5. Plus I do like the sound of The Adjustment Bureau, not that I'd heard of it before making this thread.

Comment

I'm kind of looking forward to Green Latern. I'm glad to see something by DC that isn't Superman or Batman
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I'm kind of looking forward to Green Latern. I'm glad to see something by DC that isn't Superman or Batman
                          Agreed. I like Green Lantern from what I've seen on Justice League and Super Friends. Did you see how bad the outfit looked in Hal's apartment though? I thought that was the worst part of the trailer.

Comment

I hope the death note remake comes out this year

Comment

My Top 2 movies will be the new POTC & the final Harry Potter But I am Looking forword to heaps of other movies such as,

Captain America
                              Conan
                              Fast Five
                              Final Destination 5
                              Green Lantern
                              Priest
                              Puss in Boots
                              Rise of Apes
                              Season of the Witch
                              Thor
                              Transformers - Dark of the Moon
                              Twilight - Breaking Dawn (pt 1)