This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Point Pleasant - Premieres Tonight!

Although i'm not expecting anything big (because i'm not a real big fan of the creator) the show looks interesting... Anyone else going to watch it tonight?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

i'll be nagged into watching it.....but it doesn't look that good to me....the OC with the spawn of Satan.....

i expect it won't last through spring....
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

May I ask what it is all about.
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
        i'll be nagged into watching it.....but it doesn't look that good to me....the OC with the spawn of Satan.....

i expect it won't last through spring....
        It has exactly one episode to impress me....maybe less.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Please post here how it is. When is the regular airtime? I thought it was supposed to air on Thursdays @9pm?

I'll be watching Alias.
          Last edited by Section_One; 19 January 2005, 09:57 AM.

Comment

The time slot for this show is just not gonna work . . . with Alias fans.

I'd like to check it out, but since I can't record one show and watch another on my Satellite (can't afford TiVo) it's not gonna happen (which is why I gave up Smallville for Lost).

I'll check back for reviews though . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ms. Bianca
              The time slot for this show is just not gonna work . . . with Alias fans.

I'd like to check it out, but since I can't record one show and watch another on my Satellite (can't afford TiVo) it's not gonna happen (which is why I gave up Smallville for Lost).

I'll check back for reviews though . . .
              savin my pennies for a ReplayTV myself.....but even then....nothin comes tween my and my Jennifer time!
              Thanks!
              Jordan

my page
              My LJ
              From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Tonights premiere of Point Pleasent is only a temporary timeslot, its only premiering tonight so that it may get ratings help from American Idol. Its normal night is tomarrow on Thursdays.

If if i read right, Fox will have another new episode tomarrow.

So tonight will probably be the only night against Alias.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                  Tonights premiere of Point Pleasent is only a temporary timeslot, its only premiering tonight so that it may get ratings help from American Idol. Its normal night is tomarrow on Thursdays.

If if i read right, Fox will have another new episode tomarrow.

So tonight will probably be the only night against Alias.
                  Hmm....maybe I can persuade someone to tape it for me then....

Comment

Ok, imo, Point Pleasant isn't too bad. I got really interested in the whole Christina (the main character) being some kind of devil's child who's mother was some heavenly person, or thats what it looked like to me.

Very OC-ish... Haha...

Comment

I really REALLY wanted to watch once I saw James Morrison was in the cast, but with sex, sex and more sex I turned off the TV instead. Jeez. Gods forbid there should be a plot mixed up in all the sex.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        I really REALLY wanted to watch once I saw James Morrison was in the cast, but with sex, sex and more sex I turned off the TV instead. Jeez. Gods forbid there should be a plot mixed up in all the sex.
                        Are we forgetting that this is FOX??
                        Rocky

Comment

I recorded Alias tonight and used another television to watch between commerical breaks (was watching Alias on the other television as well), some of Point Pleasant.

I wasn't impressed, though I am sure fans of the O.C. will love it, since it is about the same show.

There are a couple good looking girls on the show, the rest of the cast, save "The Sentinel" (Richard Burgi, if memory serves correctly), look absolutely plastic and even he seemed to not be finding his character.

Sex is all well and good, but it gets pretty boring every other 5 minutes, especially when nothing is being shown, just implied. Show it or don't, in my opinion. You want to imply something, once or twice a show. That's it, otherwise all you are doing is trying to appeal to horny teenagers and not giving any sort of payoff. What with the horrible acting, the "hardbodies" that only a studio suit could love....and talk about horrible special effects.

This makes Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I'll admit, I did like the show, but it wasn't a must see for me), look like an absolute masterpiece and the epitome of realism.

The "flys" in the final ten minutes were more laughable than terrifying and to think I didn't watch the commercials on Alias....I wonder what I missed....lol

I'll give it one more episode, from start to finish to make my final judgement, but all in all......horrible first impression.

Comment

Originally posted by Section_One
                            Sex is all well and good, but it gets pretty boring every other 5 minutes, especially when nothing is being shown, just implied. Show it or don't, in my opinion. You want to imply something, once or twice a show. That's it, otherwise all you are doing is trying to appeal to horny teenagers and not giving any sort of payoff. What with the horrible acting, the "hardbodies" that only a studio suit could love....and talk about horrible special effects.
                            Imo, the acting was pretty good considering that they all (most of them) are pretty much unknown actors, but for some reason, i did catch that the guy who saved the main character was a red ranger, haha...

I can't really disagree on the special effects part... I guess they didn't hire good people...

Comment

"That's strange. The OC doesn't come on Wednesday nights. Hm. My satellite guide says this is Point Pleasant, but all I'm seeing is the beach, sex, good looking teens played by people in their 20s, sex, drama, sex, the beach again, sex, sex, sex. Hey, look! Demon insects! And sex."
                              --Me, watching the pilot episode of Point Pleasant

And it's coming on right after The OC tomorrow, too.

I won't be making any plans to see this show. I have better things I watch on Thursday nights, like... Okay, I don't have anything else to watch. But I'm still not watching this show. I'm giving them one more episode to change my mind. The last thing I need is another OC. I'm a Degrassi viewer, anyway.
                              It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Working...
                              X