Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancelled serials that left you hanging!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancelled serials that left you hanging!

What serial dramas have you watched that ended on a cliffhanger? I can deal with an episodic show ending on a cliffhanger, because it's just one episode that's left unresolved. With a serial, it's pretty much the whole show that is left unresolved. I can think of two shows that ended this way.

Stargate: Universe: I've only seen the "Air" trilogy, and it really turned me off from future Stargate episodes. As I understand it, the show is a serial with a five-year run planned. Understandable, given SG-1 and Atlantis both had a five-year run on the network. I hope there will be resolution to some story lines before the show ends. MGM committed to two SG-1 movies to wrap up loose ends. Maybe they will do the same for SGU? Doubtful, but there's no harm in being optimistic.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Most of the plot lines were resolved as the second season came to an end. The grand Season 2 finale opened a can of worms and turned the show's premise inside out. To be continued... not.

What serial shows did you like that came to a screeching halt?

SGU of course, but also shows like Millennium, Harsh Realms, Brimstone, quite a few others
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

SURFACE! Just thinking about it drives me crazy, it had so much potential. i want to find out more about the crazy conspiracies-within-conspiracies!
      Defying Gravity: Ok, so we were told how it was supposed to end after it was cancelled, but that's almost worse since now we'll never see it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
        SURFACE! Just thinking about it drives me crazy, it had so much potential. i want to find out more about the crazy conspiracies-within-conspiracies!
        Defying Gravity: Ok, so we were told how it was supposed to end after it was cancelled, but that's almost worse since now we'll never see it happen.
        I miss DG too - that was a show with some great potential
        sigpic

Comment

SGU of course! But also Surface (brutal cliffhanger), Farscape (there is just so much pontential for more stories in this universe!), TSCC, Firefly (even though we got Serenity, there are still so many unfinished storylines - BlueSun!), Dark Angel (how is the mutant nation going to survive?), Spartacus (though the last word hasn't been spoken about season 2. But can't picture any other actor playing Spartacus than Andy Whitfield), Dresden Files and a few more.
          sigpic
          My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Farscape and the little-known Babylon 5 spinoff Crusade, which only got 13 episodes out of a planned 5 * 26 eps per season run.
            sigpic

Comment

Space: Beyond and Above - I've never been so angry to be left with a cliffhanger. Earth 2.

Comment

yeah, Crusade as well, that was sad
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
                  Space: Beyond and Above - I've never been so angry to be left with a cliffhanger. Earth 2.
                  Agreed. That was my first big experience with TPTB stupidity. Many others followed...
                  sigpic
                  Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                  Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

The two that really stand out me are:

1. SGU of course.

2. Reunion on FOX. I honestly have no idea want the second season would have been like, but I would have liked to have seen the end of season one at least. Here's a wiki link if you've never heard of it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reunion_%28TV_series%29
                    "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                    - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Earth 2: I used to watch this. How did it end?
                      Farscape: This was a serial? I thought it was more of an episodic show. Regardless, it was followed up with a miniseries.
                      Firefly: This wasn't a serial, and it didn't end on a cliffhanger. Besides, there was a movie to tie up loose ends.
                      Millennium: Was this a serial? Though it was cancelled, it ended with an X Files episode.

I think ya'll missed where I said serials ending on a cliffhanger, not just any show that was cancelled.

Comment

SGU, Heroes, Surface

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
                          The two that really stand out me are:

1. SGU of course.

2. Reunion on FOX. I honestly have no idea want the second season would have been like, but I would have liked to have seen the end of season one at least. Here's a wiki link if you've never heard of it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reunion_%28TV_series%29
                          I LOVED Reunion and was dying for season two.

Years ago my family watched "No Where Man" starring Bruce Greenwood (Capt. Pike in the new Trek) and it ended on a killer cliffhanger. My parents both still grumble about it and refuse to watch the CW because of it - it was cancelled by WB, but it's the principle according to them! The audience just discovered that his "wife" was only acting the part and was married to someone else!
                          All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I'll redefine the question to what sci-fi shows left you wanting more:

24 (kind of sci-fi? worth a mention anyway)
                            Angel
                            Firefly

Comment

Originally posted by Snookie16 View Post
                              Years ago my family watched "No Where Man" starring Bruce Greenwood (Capt. Pike in the new Trek) and it ended on a killer cliffhanger. My parents both still grumble about it and refuse to watch the CW because of it - it was cancelled by WB, but it's the principle according to them! The audience just discovered that his "wife" was only acting the part and was married to someone else!
                              It's been years since I heard anyone mention this show. I very vaguely remember this show. I remember mainly an episode about mirrors, and something about an implanted memory. Or something like that. I think I was about 7 or 8 at the time of this show. I didn't know he was the guy who played Pike in the new Trek though.

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                              I'll redefine the question to what sci-fi shows left you wanting more:

24 (kind of sci-fi? worth a mention anyway)
                              24 is no sort of sci-fi. Plus it wasn't canceled. It came to an end and left room for a movie. Which BTW Keifer Sutherland confirmed is going to happen. It's just a matter of when.
                              "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                              - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X