Dirk Gently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirk Gently

I didn't even know about this until I saw an advert last week on BBC 1, but there's an adaptation of Dirk Gently (the other book series by Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) about a Private Detective who believes in the interconnectedness of all things) starting this Thursday on BBC 4. I'm not sure if it's a one-off thing or a mini series or what, but I thought I should draw attention to it, since it should be good. It stars Stephen Mangan from Green Wing as Dirk- not really how I would have pictured him, but he's a good actor and should be able to pull it off.

What did you think of it? I quite liked it, and liked the nods to the book (I would have liked the electronic iChing to be there though, or for someone to say "a suffusion of yellow" in answer to a question)

A pretty good stab but Sephan Mangan just isn't Dirk who is very very clearly described in the book.

But, on the whole, a good effort and if they do make more I'll definitely be watching.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Can someone quote a description of the show for those of us unfamiliar, did anyone figure out if it is a mini-series or what?
      sigpic

Comment

Underwhelming, bit disappointing and slightly clever sometimes. To me anyways. Didn't read the book so just my thoughts based on the episode.

Comment

Working...
        X