The AI is very selected or twisted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The AI is very selected or twisted

Why would the AI of Destiny try to help TJ and not anyone eles? So far the ship will help Rush, Young and TJ. What no AI projection for Eli?

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Originally posted by Ashman View Post
    Why would the AI of Destiny try to help TJ and not anyone eles? So far the ship will help Rush, Young and TJ. What no AI projection for Eli?
    What would you suggest Destiny to put into Eli´s Dreams to help him?
    Young:It was figuring out if he was right for whats to come.
    Rush:He simply couldnt be trusted alone, he needed some Jiminy Cricket on his shoulder.
    TJ:..is the only near to be qualified medical they have on Destiny, therefore vital to survival.

Eli lost a lot of People, but making them re-appear in his dreams wont help him.
    Last edited by tomstone; 03 December 2010, 06:31 PM.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Didn't Rush turn off the ship's Mind Screw mode, or was that just Young's Kobayashi Maru mode?

Comment

I think Rush just switched off Young's simulation. Which raises the question of whether or not what Young experienced could happen again, because I think Rush said something about only being able to stop it temporarily. However now that Young is acting as a responsible Commander I wonder if Destiny would feel the need to re-test his fitness as a leader. I also wonder if perhaps Telford will be the next person to experience the simulation once whatever Rush did stops working. Since he's back on board Destiny may consider him a possible leader, especially since the ship hasn't seen Telford have the kind of breakdown that Young had.
        sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

I can see how the AI selected to interact with Rush. It made sense, maybe Franklin somehow influenced the AI. The AI not helping Chloe? but yet TJ having her mind messed with? I voting for twisted!

Comment

Maybe the AI has a thing for TJ... you know due to having recently absorbed Franklin's consciousness

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
              Maybe the AI has a thing for TJ... you know due to having recently absorbed Franklin's consciousness
              You know maybe that why its selective.

Comment

So it would see a need to "mess with certain people", since franklin knew young was unstable (he was already showing signs of being a bad leader), rush was a conving SOB who needed to be told to play nice, and TJ was the only doc who already tried to leave the ship/crew cause of the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashman View Post
                  Rush turn the system off before Gin died.
                  Riley death did not affect Eli until Gin died.

Also Eli is far more logical than TJ an would of just write it of as just destiny fracking with him.

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                    What would you suggest Destiny to put into Eli´s Dreams to help him?
                    Young:It was figuring out if he was right for whats to come.
                    Rush:He simply couldnt be trusted alone, he needed some Jiminy Cricket on his shoulder.
                    TJ:..is the only near to be qualified medical they have on Destiny, therefore vital to survival.

Eli lost a lot of People, but making them re-appear in his dreams wont help him.
                    Plus to be very fair Eli and Gin barely had any relationship at all, they'd known each other for a very short period of time, something that you cannot compare to the loss of a child at all... The AI interacting with Rush and Young for the good of both the ship, its mission and everyone aboard.
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

there are multiple Scientists onboard. but Rush was the only one who knew of the Bridge, Young is the only one really fit to command. Eli is important but not crucial. TJ is crucial since she's the only medic onboard.

but hey, i do not believe it was Destiny. i still believe it's either the Aliens or an Out Of Body Experience

Comment

Personally, I don't think it's an AI, but a real woman, possibly terminally ill, who became one with the ship the same way as Franklin did. AIs can malfunction or break down. If the ship has the capability of making a person one with the ship it would be beyond idiotic to give it an AI, expecting it to last for that long.

Comment

Originally posted by Aewon View Post
                          Personally, I don't think it's an AI, but a real woman, possibly terminally ill, who became one with the ship the same way as Franklin did. AIs can malfunction or break down. If the ship has the capability of making a person one with the ship it would be beyond idiotic to give it an AI, expecting it to last for that long.
                          We still dont know what happened to Franklin exactly. I mean its obvious that the Ship did something to him, but what is still in the realm of guessing.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                            We still dont know what happened to Franklin exactly. I mean its obvious that the Ship did something to him, but what is still in the realm of guessing.
                            Would be kind of creepy if he is actually still strap in the chair but Destiny just using mind tricks to prevent people from actually seeing him.

Comment

He would have starved by now IMO. Unless destiny is hoarding food. And that stasis thing.

Which raises the question, was Spencer the ships FIRST CHOICE for commander? And ultimately drove him to end his own life? Encouraged by wanting to save more than just 17 lives in light? (however selfish / a command characteristic)

Comment

Working...
                              X