Battlestar Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Destiny

Is it just me, or has anyone else been thinking that so far destiny is getting its ass kicked in almost every space battle its been in. They get saved every time by jumping into FTL or in this case the seeder ship leading them into the star. I know its like a million years old and that can be taken into count for some it of but come on, this was supposed to be an all powerful ancient ship that was sent out to discover the secrets of the universe, shouldn't it have won a fight or two by now, not just get out by the skin of its teeth.
    Not asking for destiny to dominate every battle but i think we need one or two lopsided wins just to show how powerful it really is.

Well lets see;

1). It's very old
    2). It's been through A LOT, lesser ships would've been destroyed a long time ago
    3). It's only able to recharge to something like 40% of it's total power capacity
    4). Usually in every battle it's been in thus far, it's been outnumbered
    5). It's crewed by inexperienced people

Yeh, I'm actually surprised that they actually haven't been blown to pieces yet.
    ~*+*~nEvEr ArGuE WiTh aN iDiOt - ThEy WiLL jUsT dRaG yOu DoWn To ThEiR LeVeL aNd BeAt YoU WiTh ExPeRiEnCe~*+*~

Comment

Its not about winning every battle, but winning the war....
      Sometimes the best choice it to leave to fight another day, or in Destinys case, leaving is key to its mission.

Comment

yes out numbers but every time like a min into the battle all you hear is the shields are failing and weapons systems are going down. they ship is turning out to be a *****

Comment

and if destiny can still survive flying through a start and crossing the voids between galaxies then they should be able win some battles

Comment

I was thinking about this earlier, and would be interesting to have an episode which shows Destiny when it was first launched. No idea how that would work, but I would imagine Destiny being just below a City Ship in terms of strength, she could probably take on those Drones, sit there and just soak up the weapons fire without taking damage.

But like I said, she's old, so her systems won't be functioning as they should and what with the damage she's taken and what not it's conceivable that her shields would be forever failing.
            ~*+*~nEvEr ArGuE WiTh aN iDiOt - ThEy WiLL jUsT dRaG yOu DoWn To ThEiR LeVeL aNd BeAt YoU WiTh ExPeRiEnCe~*+*~

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
              Is it just me, or has anyone else been thinking that so far destiny is getting its ass kicked in almost every space battle its been in. They get saved every time by jumping into FTL or in this case the seeder ship leading them into the star. I know its like a million years old and that can be taken into count for some it of but come on, this was supposed to be an all powerful ancient ship that was sent out to discover the secrets of the universe, shouldn't it have won a fight or two by now, not just get out by the skin of its teeth.
              Not asking for destiny to dominate every battle but i think we need one or two lopsided wins just to show how powerful it really is.
              Lets see how your ship does after a million years of running
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't think Destiny can holds its own against alot of things. Its very old and battered. But nevertheless it is an awesome ship.

Comment

If Destiny was in better shape, I have no doubt it would "hold its own". In fact, considering how long its been flying, I'd say it's been holding its own for quite a while now. It wouldn't be terribly exciting to watch if the ship was safe from everything, and nothing could ever threaten it, from a viewer's standpoint
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Was it?

Comment

yes i know its old and it deff the main problem with it getting knocked around so much but i mean come on, im starting to feel like every space battle they get in there gonna need to jump to ftl or someones going to need to save them. It doesnt feel like they have a chance to actually win

Comment

Originally posted by Azriel View Post
                        I was thinking about this earlier, and would be interesting to have an episode which shows Destiny when it was first launched. No idea how that would work, but I would imagine Destiny being just below a City Ship in terms of strength, she could probably take on those Drones, sit there and just soak up the weapons fire without taking damage.

But like I said, she's old, so her systems won't be functioning as they should and what with the damage she's taken and what not it's conceivable that her shields would be forever failing.
                        that would be a cool episode idea

Comment

i dont expect destiny to hold its own even though its created by a powerful race, destiny is probably one of the first ships that was designed by the ancients, and its use is to explore, and reach that radiation thingy, its not a battleship for war, plus the ancients who created it were probably not at their peak of their prime

Comment

and if destiny can still survive flying through a start and crossing the voids between galaxies then they should be able win some battles
                            That is the funny thing to me. Flying through a star, no problem for destiny. A handful of drone weapon fire...Destiny's in trouble! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonK View Post
                              That is the funny thing to me. Flying through a star, no problem for destiny. A handful of drone weapon fire...Destiny's in trouble! lol.
                              Well we don't know much about the Drones, we have no indicator of how powerful they are or how advanced the race was that built them. Destiny had also suffered prior battle damage from the debris field. Besides, having god knows how many ships hitting the shields from all sides with the sole purpose of inflicting damage will have a more cumulative effect on the shields then something the ship was designed to do (fly through a star).

It's also been established that the weapons and shields both place a drain on each other when used together, when Destiny has been flying through the star, all power has been diverted towards the shields and the weapons haven't been active.

Comment

Working...
                              X