PDA

View Full Version : It's a trap?

Mr Evil 37
December 1st, 2010, 02:49 PM
Am I the only person who thinks that the drones belong to the Ursini, and they simply lured Destiny into a trap to try and gain an upper hand in their war with the blues (who have now been called to the fight by Chloe?).

That's my theory.

Puddle-Jumper
December 1st, 2010, 03:50 PM
What? That theory doesn't make sense, we haven't seen or heard of the blues in ages... Im guessing that what they told Telford was the truth, simply because they didn't tell them.. he used the interface majiggity and had access to their entire history... Id like if it was a Cylon like thing, that they created the drones but made them too powerful and the drones have become sentient and have destroyed a great deal of their civilisation..

General Jumper One
December 1st, 2010, 03:51 PM
I think they thought they were going to be double crossed and didn't want to wait.

AtlantisRules!!!
December 1st, 2010, 03:53 PM
http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww16/Atlantisrules/its-a-trap.jpg
:D

Anyways, I didn't think about this. but now that I am, sounds very interesting :P And the BLues come to the rescue in Deliverance?

AtlantisRules!!!
December 1st, 2010, 03:54 PM
What? That theory doesn't make sense, we haven't seen or heard of the blues in ages... Im guessing that what they told Telford was the truth, simply because they didn't tell them.. he used the interface majiggity and had access to their entire history... Id like if it was a Cylon like thing, that they created the drones but made them too powerful and the drones have become sentient and have destroyed a great deal of their civilisation..

It could make sense. Rush or Chloe (I dont remember) said they had been trying to get on the ship multiple times. If its constantly switching galaxies then how could they keep trying? :P

Puddle-Jumper
December 1st, 2010, 04:44 PM
So the theory is that the drones had Destiny by the testicles, then the drone masters show up and instead of taking them on right then and doing what they want.., they decided to lure them somewhere else only to do the exact same thing? How does that make sense..

Gatz
December 1st, 2010, 04:46 PM
Also, simulation showed the drones p0wned the Ursini ships. Too much threater don't you think?

AtlantisRules!!!
December 1st, 2010, 05:00 PM
So the theory is that the drones had Destiny by the testicles, then the drone masters show up and instead of taking them on right then and doing what they want.., they decided to lure them somewhere else only to do the exact same thing? How does that make sense..

Who can understand Alien strategies? :P:P

The Blues coming to the rescue could still work tho. They dont want the ship to go boom :P

garhkal
December 2nd, 2010, 02:19 AM
. Id like if it was a Cylon like thing, that they created the drones but made them too powerful and the drones have become sentient and have destroyed a great deal of their civilisation..

The asurans/replicators again??

sgc
December 2nd, 2010, 02:22 AM
No, the blueberries have interstellar drive technology (FTL, hyperspace, wormhole drive, or spaghetti drive :P) far inferior to that of the Destiny. If they even have the capability to cross the 2-3 million light year void between galaxies, they can't catch up with Destiny because their drives are not fast enough to chase Destiny's moving target.

erotavlas
December 3rd, 2010, 08:05 PM
Also, simulation showed the drones p0wned the Ursini ships. Too much threater don't you think?

There was no mention that those ships definitely belonged to the Ursini.

erotavlas
December 3rd, 2010, 08:08 PM
No, the blueberries have interstellar drive technology (FTL, hyperspace, wormhole drive, or spaghetti drive :P) far inferior to that of the Destiny. If they even have the capability to cross the 2-3 million light year void between galaxies, they can't catch up with Destiny because their drives are not fast enough to chase Destiny's moving target.

Then why would they bother putting a tracking device in Rush and transform Chloe? What would be the point if they could never reap the benefit of either? IMO you do something like that because you know you can benefit from it down the road

Kanten
December 3rd, 2010, 08:18 PM

Which is said where outside of random fan assumptions?

The problem was never being fast enough, it was knowing where the ship was.

sgc
December 4th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Then why would they bother putting a tracking device in Rush and transform Chloe? What would be the point if they could never reap the benefit of either? IMO you do something like that because you know you can benefit from it down the road

Someone in another thread said something along the lines of that they transformed Chloe so that she could turn Destiny around and bring it back to them if they got outside the range of getting to Destiny (before Destiny reached the outside of the galaxy, the blues could have ships ahead of Destiny's path so that they could still "catch up" with Destiny by reaching it before it gets ahead of them.

xxxevilgrinxxx
December 5th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Am I the only person who thinks that the drones belong to the Ursini, and they simply lured Destiny into a trap to try and gain an upper hand in their war with the blues (who have now been called to the fight by Chloe?).

That's my theory.After watching and rewatching Resurgence, yeah, I definitely think it was a trap. Whether the drones belong to the Ursini, or they just used them, I think that the Ursini definitely lured the Destiny in with that signal, weakened them with the drones and then used Telford and that seed ship in order to deliver the Destiny right up to the door of the drone command ship. The Ursini could be fighting the Blues, or both of them could be fighting to see who gets the destiny, but in any case, The Destiny has walked right into the middle of it by following that signal.

garhkal
December 6th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Actually i think the signal was set there (the backround em) by the drones to lure people in.. much like venus fly traps have scented oils inside to lure flies and other bugs.

Primus Commander Woden
December 6th, 2010, 11:09 AM
This was the same view I took in another tread - I just thought that after Visitation where Young was so cautious with those they left behind in Faith...but Young was more than happy to just let Telford back in despite the fact he has been with aliens for a month. Something is fishy about it all. I also made the comment that I thought the drones could have been made by the Ursini and they got to powerful - Matrix type of thing! I may be completely wrong but there is something fishy about them and something seemed off with Telford!

kirmit
December 6th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Which is said where outside of random fan assumptions?

The problem was never being fast enough, it was knowing where the ship was.

That's my thought too.

xxxevilgrinxxx
December 6th, 2010, 01:21 PM
This was the same view I took in another tread - I just thought that after Visitation where Young was so cautious with those they left behind in Faith...but Young was more than happy to just let Telford back in despite the fact he has been with aliens for a month. Something is fishy about it all. I also made the comment that I thought the drones could have been made by the Ursini and they got to powerful - Matrix type of thing! I may be completely wrong but there is something fishy about them and something seemed off with Telford!

I don't know if Young accepted it hook, line and sinker. Check out his facial expressions and body language when Telford's saying where he's been and what's been happening. I don't think he buys it completely, but when offered an opportunity to escape where there was no opportunity before, he'd be a fool not to take it

skarwolf
December 6th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Chloe will either;

1. Communicate with the control ship and shut off the drones or make them attack the Seed Ship

2. Somehow reroute system power and make Destiny go FTL and escape leaving the drones to attack the Seed Ship.

This whole first part is filler for Chloe going Bluebie in the second half. (I'm guessing)

I don't like it at all.

garhkal
December 7th, 2010, 04:03 AM
But how could she some how know a code to shut the drones off??

UniverseSizePlotHole
December 7th, 2010, 04:27 AM
"It's a trap! Destiny can't repel firepower of that magnitude!"

See the Resurgence: Shield Inconsistencies thread.

Nth Chevron
December 7th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Maybe the Ursini FTL'd Destiny to the Drone command ship for the sole purpose of taking over Destiny, once they collapse the shields with their drones, how the hell are a handful of Ursini going to storm Destiny?

I have a feeling the Drone control ship is full of Ursini and we will have to repel boarders in the next ep, as to their enemy i dont know, but maybe the initial debris field is a trap by the Ursini, have drones destroy some 4 or 5 Ursini cruisers that emit signals space fairing races would be drawn to for investigation, then incapacitate them with drones, jump the Drone control ship in and board the victims?

N.C

sgc
December 7th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Perhaps it was unintentional (I doubt it). Maybe they just happened to exit FTL at that time due to a malfunction, accident, etc.

NicholasRush
December 7th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Maybe the Ursini FTL'd Destiny to the Drone command ship for the sole purpose of taking over Destiny, once they collapse the shields with their drones, how the hell are a handful of Ursini going to storm Destiny?

I have a feeling the Drone control ship is full of Ursini and we will have to repel boarders in the next ep, as to their enemy i dont know, but maybe the initial debris field is a trap by the Ursini, have drones destroy some 4 or 5 Ursini cruisers that emit signals space fairing races would be drawn to for investigation, then incapacitate them with drones, jump the Drone control ship in and board the victims?

N.C

Is everyone being purposely obtuse? If it's one thing we have learned about SGU, is that its prone to very complex plot lines.*

The most obvious answer is indeed a trap, and while favourable, is thus most likely wrong.*

However, if it was a trap, why were the drones dormant upon arrival? And why, if the only people aboard the seed ship were Usini, were the drones firing upon it and not the Destiny?

AND, If they had control of the seed ship, why did they not allow more Ursini to board the seed ship, let it automatically dock with the Destiny, as so to appear no one was onboard, and then storm the Destiny? A much more simple trap, and one less likely to go wrong.

Why not assemble all drones on the battlefield and storm the Destiny in one go, rather that help the Destiny fly through a star, thus recharging its reserves, ie, making the shields stronger, AND destroy half of their drones?! It makes no sense.

As for the other aliens, Chloe is programmed to gather data and relay it back to them. Whether she is planning to take the ship or turn it around is what remains to be debated.*

sgc
December 7th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Is everyone being purposely obtuse? If it's one thing we have learned about SGU, is that its prone to very complex plot lines.*

The most obvious answer is indeed a trap, and while favourable, is thus most likely wrong.*

However, if it was a trap, why were the drones dormant upon arrival? And why, if the only people aboard the seed ship were Usini, were the drones firing upon it and not the Destiny?

AND, If they had control of the seed ship, why did they not allow more Ursini to board the seed ship, let it automatically dock with the Destiny, as so to appear no one was onboard, and then storm the Destiny? A much more simple trap, and one less likely to go wrong.

Why not assemble all drones on the battlefield and storm the Destiny in one go, rather that help the Destiny fly through a star, thus recharging its reserves, ie, making the shields stronger, AND destroy half of their drones?! It makes no sense.

As for the other aliens, Chloe is programmed to gather data and relay it back to them. Whether she is planning to take the ship or turn it around is what remains to be debated.*

Her programming is yet to be determined, as is her plan.

stevilevi
December 7th, 2010, 11:56 PM
http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww16/Atlantisrules/its-a-trap.jpg
:D

Anyways, I didn't think about this. but now that I am, sounds very interesting :P And the BLues come to the rescue in Deliverance?

Haha I thought of this as well when I saw the title, but Sheldon Cooper!

I think that the Ursini just wanted to make sure that the Destiny wasn't gonna do a number on them and leave. The drones are enemies of the Ursini

Primus Commander Woden
December 8th, 2010, 02:53 AM
We are already half way through season 2 and we haven't made aliens friends and made them one of the team yet....i think Ford is going to come and save the day....

The blueys are in another galaxy I dont know if we will see them again....so im thinking it is the Ursini that will turn out to be the bad guys...there is just something about them I dont trust!

garhkal
December 8th, 2010, 03:09 AM
We are already half way through season 2 and we haven't made aliens friends and made them one of the team yet....i think Ford is going to come and save the day....

The blueys are in another galaxy I dont know if we will see them again....so im thinking it is the Ursini that will turn out to be the bad guys...there is just something about them I dont trust!

That we have not made any allies is WHy i think the Ursini will become them.. Look to sg1 and SGA.. Many aliens (enemies) we met were not named (other than the main baddies)>> SGU doesn't have any main baddies.

Nth Chevron
December 8th, 2010, 05:28 AM

Theres no point in calling people obtuse because they offer a different view of a theory, be it popular or unpopular, i was simply giving what i thought deemed a likely scenario to me. It maybe wrong, it maybe right.

Bear in mind this is an alien culture and we have no idea of theyre way of thinking because we do NOT know their motives or reasons for their actions, the writers wont have thought of everything, people on these boards have seen solutions to problems the crew and the writers didnt write in for one reason or another, as what we are speculating on has not happened yet, it is not considered canon, its fun to speculate, so dont try and cram your theories down other peoples throats because they agree with your way of thinking.

N.C

Aewon
December 9th, 2010, 07:16 AM

Maybe they didn't? Transform Chloe, I mean. Until they come up with solid evidence that it is they who are responsible for her transformation my prime suspect is the "Faith" aliens, especially as I think they're probably the aliens that built the structure hidden in the background radiation. If that's the case they play a vital role in Universe's plot. The Blues, on the other hand, haven't really been seen since last season.

Primus Commander Woden
December 9th, 2010, 10:46 AM
That we have not made any allies is WHy i think the Ursini will become them.. Look to sg1 and SGA.. Many aliens (enemies) we met were not named (other than the main baddies)>> SGU doesn't have any main baddies.

I totally agree and obviously I don't think Ford is coming to save the day...would be a fun twist though. SGU isn't like SG1 or SGA that is my point. I don't know how allies could work with the Destiny as clearly everyone wants it...only way it would work is for the allies to come aboard destiny.

Maybe they didn't? Transform Chloe, I mean. Until they come up with solid evidence that it is they who are responsible for her transformation my prime suspect is the "Faith" aliens, especially as I think they're probably the aliens that built the structure hidden in the background radiation. If that's the case they play a vital role in Universe's plot. The Blues, on the other hand, haven't really been seen since last season.

I don't expect to see the blues tbh, they are in another galaxy and have no way of tracking destiny (that we know of)...a new enemy is the most likely...and there is something about the Ursini that I don't trust!