PDA

View Full Version : Three questions

kamae
December 1st, 2010, 12:57 PM
I know there are probably some obvious answers for these but:

1) Why wouldnt Young/Rush think to fly into a star anyway as a route of escape during not only that conflict but any...since its already established that, that is indeed a star-ship which draws its power from stars...maybe thats reaching

2) How long was Telford gone? How come his hair isnt longer, and no facial hair. Did the hairless aliens have shaving kits? (I remember seeing a clip in season one showing greer shaving)

3) This may have already been answered, but why wasnt Rush afflicted like Chloe.

kweerone
December 1st, 2010, 01:02 PM
Short answer for all: That's the way the writers wanted it to be.. lol Just kidding, those are very good questions which I would like to know the answers to..

kirmit
December 1st, 2010, 01:08 PM
Telford was gone a month, they said so in the ep, his hair wouldn't grow much in a month, not sure about facial hair though.

Galileo_Galilee
December 1st, 2010, 01:16 PM
My guesses are:

1) Young is a ground forces Colonel and is not used to being in command of a starship nor does he have the training for it.

2) Well, last night's episode I think Wray said they'd been on the Destiny for roughly ten months, so at my best guesstimate I think he's only been gone for about two or three months.

Which has some interesting implications in regards to the Seeder ship. Essentially, that means the Seeder ship might be faster than the destiny in order for it to catch up with her. (Yes, all ships are called her).

3)We don't know if he has been or not. The show doesn't say. I hope it does explain if it does or not. But this is also one of my contentions in regards to modifying Chloe. Because if Chloe is meant to be some sort of mole for the browns, or whoever changed her, then the better choice would be Rush. He is far more knowledgeable about the ship and how to run it and of science than Chloe is. Chloe was mostly a kind of secretary for her father, but I don't remember her exact job she had working for her father.

These are my best guesses, anyhow.

Archaeis
December 1st, 2010, 01:38 PM
1) Well they were only recently able to manuever the ship voluntarily with the discovery of the bridge. They hadn't previously been in any battles when they had that capability. Essentially they were just along for the ride wherever Destiny decided to go.

No real ideas on the others.

Vanek26
December 1st, 2010, 01:45 PM
1. My mom said the same thing.

Make it more dramatic I guess.

2. He has been gone for a month, remember Young saying that.

Maybe La Bamba doesn't grow facial hair.

3. He hasn't shown the symptoms, but who knows.

Utitan
December 1st, 2010, 01:50 PM
I asked the same question about flying into a star in a different thread.. that's the first thing I would have thought of.. Just by deductive reasoning.

1. You see how Destiny's blasters can destroy a drone. If a blaster can, a Drone can.
(which brings me to wonder why cant Destiny take all the drone shots if it can hold back the energy of a star)

2. There is a star nearby and Destiny was made to fly into them.

Telford did have some facial hair on him and they did say he was only gone a month. But I wonder why didn't Destiny read the Seeder on a scan if the Seeder knew where destiny was. It had to be close by in order to find them and jump to them in the time it took to send out the shuttle and explore.

I think it was all a set up.. Could it be possible the Ursini are responsible for the Drones? I didnt notice the drones going after the Seeder very much they went for Destiny... Not to mention one of the crew stated that the drones were keeping in between the Destiny and the command ship.. surely the Ursini would have known that.

spaceship
December 1st, 2010, 03:07 PM
Funny how Telford appears on Destiny looking like he's just returned from a stroll. Oh yes and no sign of his alien friends. How about Young gets off his ass and makes face to face contact with them before forming an alliance?

kamae
December 1st, 2010, 03:18 PM
1) Well they were only recently able to manuever the ship voluntarily with the discovery of the bridge. They hadn't previously been in any battles when they had that capability. Essentially they were just along for the ride wherever Destiny decided to go.

No real ideas on the others.

BAM...that answers the question as to why they havnt in the past, which I completely forgot. Infact they still dont even really have command of the ship...they needed help to steer to the graveyard.

Puddle-Jumper
December 1st, 2010, 03:42 PM
Telford was gone a month, they said so in the ep, his hair wouldn't grow much in a month, not sure about facial hair though.

Its possible he fashioned a blade out of something to use for shaving, although he may have only done it once or twice

and as for why Rush wasnt affected, it could be that Chloe is female, or perhaps Chloe was just more genetically compatible, or else it was an experiment, and they were planning to use Rush as a negative control to see just how much Chloe would change.

garhkal
December 2nd, 2010, 02:12 AM
(which brings me to wonder why cant Destiny take all the drone shots if it can hold back the energy of a star)

Perhaps the shields are specifically atuned to say the freq of a suns output, and since it is also constant, they can better hold it back (like atlantis against the water), ut the continual "ramp up of power' against the shields from weapons fire is harder to take.

2. There is a star nearby and Destiny was made to fly into them.

Telford did have some facial hair on him and they did say he was only gone a month. But I wonder why didn't Destiny read the Seeder on a scan if the Seeder knew where destiny was. It had to be close by in order to find them and jump to them in the time it took to send out the shuttle and explore.

Perhaps the destinies sensors are not "that long range. Remember we didn't know about the blues coming out of FTL before they showed up.

I think it was all a set up.. Could it be possible the Ursini are responsible for the Drones? I didnt notice the drones going after the Seeder very much they went for Destiny... Not to mention one of the crew stated that the drones were keeping in between the Destiny and the command ship.. surely the Ursini would have known that.

Interesting idea, bu i doubt it.

Its possible he fashioned a blade out of something to use for shaving, although he may have only done it once or twice

He had his combat knife!

The Swarm
December 2nd, 2010, 02:32 AM
Well the Seed Ship has more energy reserves than Destiny becouse it doesnt realy need all those systems Destiny has, i dont think it even has a bridge. That leaves alot of room for ancient sun powered battery's which in turn equal more power.
In the breef fighting sceenes that the Seeder Ship had its hull never got scratched even thou its older than Destiny and she was fireing her weapons, becouse the energy reserves were bigger.

knowles2
December 2nd, 2010, 04:23 AM

1) Why wouldnt Young/Rush think to fly into a star anyway as a route of escape during not only that conflict but any...since its already established that, that is indeed a star-ship which draws its power from stars...maybe thats reaching
Rush was barking out orders to try an keep the ship together an functional.

Young is an idiot. An probably more of a ground combat expert.
Telford is the space combat expert.

2) How long was Telford gone? How come his hair isnt longer, and no facial hair. Did the hairless aliens have shaving kits? (I remember seeing a clip in season one showing greer shaving) A month.

3) This may have already been answered, but why wasnt Rush afflicted like Chloe.

We do not know.
But from what we have seen, the blues programming does not take full control of someone until the later stages of the transformation process. May be there research into Rush mind showed that he would be able counter act the programme much easier or perhaps his own mind would actually understand the blue programming an so tell the crew what eactly there plan is be he is under there full control.

Chloe does not understand half the stuff she writers down or what she where as Rush would if they gave him the knowledge.

Spimman
December 2nd, 2010, 06:01 AM
They should have flown into the sun sooner, great point!

blueray
December 2nd, 2010, 06:37 AM
1. dramatic
2. as people said one month
3. i don't think rush is infected the same way chloe was, he was however implanted with a tracking device. which they have removed.

marty2006
December 2nd, 2010, 11:19 AM
Probably because the writing for the show isn't very good. They absolutely wasted the opportunity they had with Knepper on the show. I still like it but its certainly not that great of a show. The latest episode was more like stargate though imo.

Nikec3
December 2nd, 2010, 11:22 AM
Probably because the writing for the show isn't very good. They absolutely wasted the opportunity they had with Knepper on the show. I still like it but its certainly not that great of a show. The latest episode was more like stargate though imo.

But writing in last episode was bad, because of to many plot holes.

kirmit
December 2nd, 2010, 11:25 AM
Just watched the episode again and have got an answer for question 1. Destiny was waiting for the shuttle to get back, when they'd docked the crew were just deciding what to do when the seed ship showed up. Looking at this, they only had a minute or so thinking time, not very long, maybe give it a couple more minutes they would've realised about the star but before there just wasn't alot of thinking time.

marty2006
December 2nd, 2010, 11:26 AM
But writing in last episode was bad, because of to many plot holes.

I wont disagree with you there. I just meant in terms of entertainment. I enjoyed the space battles. They were an aspect of sga and the later seasons of sg1 that i really enjoyed.

Pizerer
December 2nd, 2010, 11:30 AM
I would imagine that Rush wasn't changed because the 'blues' didn't want to risk damaging their only source of information on Destiny and/or the Ancients. I would think they simply used him to obtain Intel.

Imagine you found a computer database on a foreign planet you were exploring. Is your first instinct to take it apart, learn how it works, put it back together with some new upgrades? Or would it be to try and access the information it contains; to get the answers to questions you've been asking for a very long time?

knowles2
December 2nd, 2010, 12:14 PM
But writing in last episode was bad, because of to many plot holes. There were no plot holes as far as I can see.

kirmit
December 2nd, 2010, 01:00 PM
I'd be interested in knowing what these plotholes were?

Nikec3
December 2nd, 2010, 02:44 PM
Telford arriving in the middle of the battle and saying: "follow me". How did he knew, that they control the ship?

Nth Chevron
December 2nd, 2010, 02:47 PM
Probably an educated guess seeing as they were following Destiny and they would have seen Destiny leave the course laid out.

N.C

Gollumpus
December 2nd, 2010, 07:21 PM

2) How long was Telford gone? How come his hair isnt longer, and no facial hair. Did the hairless aliens have shaving kits? (I remember seeing a clip in season one showing greer shaving)

1.) Yes on the dramatic aspects, as mentioned by others. Also, perhaps it could be explained as lack of experience in fighting a space battle. How many battles have they fought in the time they have been on Destiny? Not that many, and the ship has been at less than 100% in each of them. Maybe it just didn't occur to them. Also, where did that star come from? I don't recall anyone mentioning them being "close" to a star.

2.) As others have mentioned, Telford was gone for about a month. About the hair thing: the thing I would point out is that each person who was going on the original mission through the gate to the ninth chevron address (including Telford) had been put through an electrolysis session to remove all non-essential body hair, which included facial hair. There's a brief mention of it in the pilot episode.

3.) Why wasn't Rush altered like Chloe? There could be a number of reasons for that, however, I suspect that because she is female and therefore able to give birth, that she was chosen. Perhaps they want to create some sort of hybrid in anticipation of conquering the Milky Way, or, they are able to find out about a new species by making one of them, one of "them".

regards,
G.

kirmit
December 3rd, 2010, 09:05 AM
Telford arriving in the middle of the battle and saying: "follow me". How did he knew, that they control the ship?

That's not a plothole.

sgc
December 3rd, 2010, 05:05 PM

1) It was their first battle since cracking the master code, and they may not have thought that it could work.

2) Telford was in the pods, too. They are stasis pods, which slow the aging (and hair) processes significantly.

3) I asked that question in SGU general discussion. We have had some answers to that question. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?78350-Does-Rush-have-what-Chloe-has-*Spoilers-1.11-through-2.09*

smart
December 3rd, 2010, 08:51 PM
In response to question 2 , it was indicated by Young that Telford was gone for a month.

As for question 3, it is unknown why Rush was not afflicted.

garhkal
December 4th, 2010, 01:53 AM
May be there research into Rush mind showed that he would be able counter act the programme much easier or perhaps his own mind would actually understand the blue programming an so tell the crew what eactly there plan is be he is under there full control.

So they used rush as a template to work off of to modify chloe..

Nth Chevron
December 4th, 2010, 03:34 AM

Oh dear, disturbing images are entering my mind of a Chloe/Rush hybrid ... or at the least Rush's intelligence in Chloe's body ..

N.C

knowles2
December 4th, 2010, 05:14 PM

They were of course, he linked up with destiny computers via the seed vessel.

He were track them on long range sensors for days, saw a sudden shift in course an presume the crew change course as he knew where destiny was heading was a recent war zone he thought destiny would avoid at all cost if the AI was still in control.

Just because there are not explanations on the show does not mean there are not simple solutions. Plus I am sure this series being serial mean the events that took place on the seed vessel will be revealed over the course of the rest of the season, they had more important things to be getting on with such as escaping drones.

knowles2
December 4th, 2010, 05:17 PM

No they just relies Chloe was to thick to relies what there plans would be, why Rush already able to turn there computer devices against them, was to smart for there programming to work on him. If they did do it to Rush he probably would of just taken control of the programme they implanted in his head an turn it against them.

The thicker you are the more likely the reprogramming would work.

An they went after the thickest person on the ship.

Open The Iris
July 19th, 2011, 03:52 PM
there is an even bigger question i can think of unless im going daft. by how come telford is still around. he is meant to be in someone elses body for a start. then he was abandoned in the seed ship. did no one think to disconnect the poor hapless volunteer connected to the stones. thus putting telford back in his body on earth. skip on a few episodes to when Ginn is killed, and we can clearly see she is the only one connected to the stones

that is one big plot hole

Artemis-Neith
July 20th, 2011, 12:02 AM
there is an even bigger question i can think of unless im going daft. by how come telford is still around. he is meant to be in someone elses body for a start. then he was abandoned in the seed ship. did no one think to disconnect the poor hapless volunteer connected to the stones. thus putting telford back in his body on earth. skip on a few episodes to when Ginn is killed, and we can clearly see she is the only one connected to the stones

that is one big plot hole

For a start, Telford's body came together with the LA people onboard Destiny in season 1, "Incursion, part I" (ep. 1.19). In the moment he arrived on Destiny his consciousness changed with Rush's, and both men were back in their own bodies, Rush in the infirmary, and Telford in the Gateroom with the LA people.

Then in season 2 he was left on the seed ship in "Awakening" (ep. 2.3), and explained after his coming back in "Resurgence" (ep. 2.10) that the aliens who were on that seed ship kept him alive, and that's the reason, he could come back with the same seed ship, and the same aliens still on that ship in that episode.

Everything was explained, your plot holes are just your own lack of information. Of course you have to watch the episodes, one after the other, otherwise you'll not be able to understand the storyline. That's for sure a problem with this kind of serialized series, if you miss one, or more episodes, you're lost, and it's impossible to understand anything. If you're not willing to invest the time to watch all episodes, you should really go on, and find something else to watch. Because this series will never be your cup of tea.

Open The Iris
July 20th, 2011, 01:43 AM
yup my bad i did forget about that bit :tealcanime49: