So Quick To Trust...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Quick To Trust...

Why was Young so quick to trust Telford's story. But when Caine arrived back he didn't trust them at all. How did Young know if Telford was compromised or not?
    sigpic

Originally posted by NormaN View Post
    Why was Young so quick to trust Telford's story. But when Caine arrived back he didn't trust them at all. How did Young know if Telford was compromised or not?
    Telford's return was some what plausible and had reasons why Caine was simply I don't know
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Telford's return was some what plausible and had reasons why Caine was simply I don't know
      Yes but the point is they didn't even have any mistrust at all with him.
      sigpic

Comment

I agree completely with this statement, Young was WAY to quick to trust.

That being said it is more plausable and they had less of a choice, but still...
        sigpic

Comment

because unlike the visitors, Telford didn't appear out of nowhere. the Browns were never depicted as evil or hostile. also his return was to be expected. so basically, his story was 100% plausible while the Visitors didn't even know anything

Comment

Originally posted by NormaN View Post
            Yes but the point is they didn't even have any mistrust at all with him.
            Because as what was stated before. They're were no mysterious circumstances
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Okay just ignore my statement about Caine. I just used that as a reference to the precautions Young takes. Whether his story his plausible or not the fact that Young trusted him instantly is the problem.
              sigpic

Comment

The Usirini did try to steal all of Destiny's energy and shot more than a few of our people while trying to shoot others. I agree nobody was killed, but that does qualify as hostile.

I just agree that he was too quick to trust and invite Telford in with open arms.

Lets look at other people Telford has been untrusting of:
                -Cain and his people
                -LA people
                -Chloe

All were good decisions, but within about 1 minute he completely trusts Telford's story
                sigpic

Comment

Well, it is easy - Caine and people where thousands of light years away, with a broken shuttle. Telford was on the ship with full power and hull. And there was clear evidence that Ursini weren't violent or aggressive towards us.

In same time it was pointed out that Caine and others were felt by others like shadows, ghosts - not as real human beings. Like it or not, that was a pitch of "Visitation" Why and how (and all other faith aliens stuff) - I think there will be answer in a future.

Comment

Well considering the browns led them into an ambush, I think that clinches that they're hostile.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                      Well considering the browns led them into an ambush, I think that clinches that they're hostile.
                      I think you are wrong here - the ships firing on Destiny at the end were drones protecting the control ship (the enemies of the Ursini). The Ursini tricked the Destiny into getting embroiled in the fight sooner than it wanted to (and neatly cut off their chance to double-cross them, as Rush wanted to), but their plan seems to still be that Destiny repay them for their help by destroying their enemies (the control ship and the drones) for them.
                      sigpic
                      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

The circumstances are completely different. Telford showed up and saved Destiny from the pods, first by leading them into the star and then thinking that the next phase of the plan was to dock with Destiny and jump to safety to begin repairing the ship.

Young "trusted" Telford out of necessity, but even then the actual plan was to jump to safety, repair Destiny and then back out on the deal to help destroy the enemy command ship. If Young hadn't gone along with Telford's plan, everyone would have been dead.
                        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                          The circumstances are completely different. Telford showed up and saved Destiny from the pods, first by leading them into the star and then thinking that the next phase of the plan was to dock with Destiny and jump to safety to begin repairing the ship.

Young "trusted" Telford out of necessity, but even then the actual plan was to jump to safety, repair Destiny and then back out on the deal to help destroy the enemy command ship. If Young hadn't gone along with Telford's plan, everyone would have been dead.
                          All of the above. However the Ursini screwed them nontheless, since they jumped with a already damaged ship right into the next hostile zone.

Youngs trust was a bit quick, but considering that they were saved by Telford and the Ursini it is understandable.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Ursini
                            -Attacked members of our crew (non-lethal)
                            -Tried to steal all our power (lethal)
                            -Force us into a war or else let us die (semi-hostile)
                            -Trick us and lead us into battle with a damaged ship (Deceitful and hostile)

Let's look at this from the other angle. What have they done to deserve the trust Young gave them?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                              Ursini
                              -Attacked members of our crew (non-lethal)
                              -Tried to steal all our power (lethal)
                              -Force us into a war or else let us die (semi-hostile)
                              -Trick us and lead us into battle with a damaged ship (Deceitful and hostile)

Let's look at this from the other angle. What have they done to deserve the trust Young gave them?
                              They haven't tried to kill us. They were desperate. History has shown we do some terrible things if we're desperate
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X