PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Quotes/Moments/Bat Signals.

jelgate
November 30th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Yeah I created this just to beat Matt to an epic title.

Rush: Mr. Broody don't make me come over there.

Greer:Where am I wearing the 3rd suit?
Broody: In case something goes wrong which it probably won't.

Young:Whats that sound?
Eli: Either Destiny has finished its simulation or pie is done.

Chloe losing all sense her humanity

On the serious side the people trying to confort Eli, the Tj/Varro scenes, the effect of the space battle, and more interaction with Telford

Pharaoh Atem
November 30th, 2010, 06:11 PM

seed ship return

other then that not many other exciting moments

hedwig
November 30th, 2010, 06:11 PM
When Telford showed up with the seed ship and saved the day. :D

Interestingly, last week when I was watching the previews and the space battle was being shown, I thought "Telford's going to show up and save the day with the little brown aliens". Hah! I was right, for once.:D:D:D

Pharaoh Atem
November 30th, 2010, 06:31 PM
see u on the other side.,

so bsg

kweerone
November 30th, 2010, 06:31 PM
My favorite line was about the bat signal..

WindowsME
November 30th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Everything :D

rsanchez
November 30th, 2010, 06:37 PM
The entire first five minutes was just filled with great quotes. This is why Rush prefers to work alone.

Oh, and watching the Destiny rush into the star with the seeder ship was a very nice scene too. To me, it looked like the drones were destroyed, but they were still paranoid about the drones reaching them.

zainea13
November 30th, 2010, 06:50 PM
was the "pie" done or "pi" ??? the world may never know

rsanchez
November 30th, 2010, 06:55 PM
was the "pie" done or "pi" ??? the world may never know

That was Destiny's true mission. Study the structure to derive an algorithm to calculate the final digit of Pi.

Captain James
November 30th, 2010, 07:14 PM
The moment where Eli said that he thinks he is crazy

sgc
November 30th, 2010, 07:23 PM
see u on the other side.

That reminded me of that annoying tour guide lady in SG-1 "2010".

Pharaoh Atem
November 30th, 2010, 07:23 PM
That reminded me of that annoying tour guide lady in SG-1 "2010".

and we're walking :P?

sgc
November 30th, 2010, 07:24 PM
That was Destiny's true mission. Study the structure to derive an algorithm to calculate the final digit of Pi.

nice. That would cause Destiny to explode.

sgc
November 30th, 2010, 07:32 PM
and we're walking :P?

Yep, that's her. "It was officially known as the "embarkation room" because that's where the SG teams embarked from"

"The famous SG-1. Arguably the most important, although not my personal favorite team of the entire command"
"and we're walking"

Zatnikitelman
November 30th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I loved the Eli scene with Wray. Not the whole scene actually, just the moment she mentioned Ginn and Eli looked like he was about to fall apart. I actually cried a bit right then. Frankly, it's because mine and Eli's lives are somewhat alike not so much in major events (mother, Destiny etc.) but in how we've lived our lives, and well...let's just say that after 208 and tonight, I'm hoping our lives DON'T parallel each other's so much anymore :( R.I.P. Ginn.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
November 30th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Yep, that's her. "It was officially known as the "embarkation room" because that's where the SG teams embarked from"

"The famous SG-1. Arguably the most important, although not my personal favorite team of the entire command"
"and we're walking"

Not her personal favorite? I remember reading that that tour guide lady's favorite team was SG-9

sgc
November 30th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Not her personal favorite? I remember reading that that tour guide lady's favorite team was SG-9

Where'd you hear that?

Egle01
December 1st, 2010, 12:51 AM
The whole episode was one big win! :D Not so much for the Destiny, tho...

When the little drone buggers started flying around, it got tense.
Fav moment seed ship dropping out of FTL and then both ships heading towards the star.
Traveling in FTL with the seed ship.
Both times when Destiny was under attack.
Rush talking to Eli, I hoped a little more from this scene, but it was good nevertheless.
Chloe smacking the guard, and later just ripping away that door panel cover.
Varro helping TJ in the infirmary.

With the amount of losses that's happened in 2.0, I was afraid a lot of times that something's going to happen. Especially with Greer and Brody on the alien ship. Talk about being on the edge of my seat. :)

Unfortunately Telford's return wasn't a surprised. *kicks MGM promo pics and self for watching them*

Loved "Resurgence". :D

thekillman
December 1st, 2010, 01:16 AM
my favourite moment was this episode.

"send them a message!"
"in ancient?"
"ancient, english, the batsignal, anything you've got"

also

"whoah whoah where are you going?"
"i'm taking her to the bridge"
"i have to check with the colonel"
*Chloe disposes of the guard in exactly 3.8 seconds*

*chloe walks to a door*
*punches button*
*nothing happens*
*rips the panel off, fiddles around*
*door opens*

kudos for Evelyn Levek (since that's how you pronounce it). she makes a convincing "human taken over by alien".

Ursini. hate that

my theory about the pods was correct BTW.

hated that nobody else figured out that they'd be safe inside a star.

also how many drones are there? we saw them getting destroyed by the star's energy, and yet there are more circling around it according to, like, everyone. yet the simulation showed only a handful.

lastly, those drones are insanely powerful. really, they have more power than several Blue Motherships!

The Destiny
December 1st, 2010, 01:40 AM
The simulation Destiny put together. Poor Ursini ships. They got owned really badly..

Gatz
December 1st, 2010, 02:58 AM
-Rush standing up to help Volker, solving it and Rush turning around.
-That whole pie situation.
-Batsignal.
-Seed ship to the rescue.
-Ninja Chloe

What I didn't liek: Park had a weird frowny face through out the entire episode.

Solokiller
December 1st, 2010, 03:18 AM
Eli: "hey we have more monitors" *happy face*

garhkal
December 1st, 2010, 03:41 AM

Hits my #2...

Greer:Where am I wearing the 3rd suit?
Broody: In case something goes wrong which it probably won't.

Good but not quote worthy to me.

#3 for me.

I loved the Eli scene with Wray. Not the whole scene actually, just the moment she mentioned Ginn and Eli looked like he was about to fall apart.

To me, it looked like he was almost ready to smack her for bringing it up..

"send them a message!"
"in ancient?"
"ancient, english, the batsignal, anything you've got"

Thats #1 for me on quotes.

lastly, those drones are insanely powerful. really, they have more power than several Blue Motherships!

Maybe cause they ARE drones, they don't have to worry about powe for life support etc, so can divert more for weapons/shields..

Eli: "hey we have more monitors" *happy face*

Thought that answers nicely what happens on the bridge when they shift to 'combat mode'.

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 04:03 AM
To me, it looked like he was almost ready to smack her for bringing it up..

Thought that answers nicely what happens on the bridge when they shift to 'combat mode'.

Eli would never smack Wray :P.

Eli's subtle turn around after saying about the monitors appearing was just as funny as his comment itself.

The combat mode was a bit of a surprise. It was way cooler than any other ship going into combat mode that I have seen. Earth's 303 and 304's were pretty cool with the lighting change and the sounds (and then the spark machines turn on :P)

Egle01
December 1st, 2010, 04:04 AM
Eli: "hey we have more monitors" *happy face*Loved that moment, it was pretty cool. :)

Lahela
December 1st, 2010, 11:38 AM
On the alien ship, after Brody explains to Greer not to touch anything, then Greer hits the door opener:
"Wow. What did I just say?"
The delivery was pure gold. :)

thekillman
December 1st, 2010, 11:40 AM
Maybe cause they ARE drones, they don't have to worry about powe for life support etc, so can divert more for weapons/shields..

yes that's correct, but since they're not much bigger than a Blue Gunship, yet have the firepower of a Mothership..... *shudders*

i had an enourmous Nerdgasm when that happened. COMMON SENSE!

themeatcleaver
December 1st, 2010, 11:56 AM
anyone else think it was just sexy when the bridge lowered for battle? :)

/needs to get out more

Egle01
December 1st, 2010, 11:58 AM
anyone else think it was just sexy when the bridge lowered for battle? :)Not sure if 'sexy' is the word, but totally awesome indeed. :)

Ouroboros
December 1st, 2010, 04:53 PM
Stand out part for me dialog wise was Rush's little scene with Eli. I see Rush as a sort of dark mentor type figure for him. He's already figured out how to live with his genius but he's done it by becoming cold and ruthless in his own way.

I think he's aware of it himself on some level to, because he councils Eli on the folly of going after someone like Simeon for revenge when he himself hunted him down and coldly executed him without a hint of hesitation or mercy.

A lot going on in that scene for sure. Rush doesn't want Eli to grow up to be just like him, but I think at the same time it frustrates and angers him to see the way Eli tries to seek the approval and acceptance of people Rush would view as the inferiors of both of them.

SciFiRick
December 1st, 2010, 05:05 PM
The whole episode was one big win! :D Not so much for the Destiny, tho...

When the little drone buggers started flying around, it got tense.
Fav moment seed ship dropping out of FTL and then both ships heading towards the star.
Traveling in FTL with the seed ship.
Both times when Destiny was under attack.
Rush talking to Eli, I hoped a little more from this scene, but it was good nevertheless.
Chloe smacking the guard, and later just ripping away that door panel cover.
Varro helping TJ in the infirmary.

With the amount of losses that's happened in 2.0, I was afraid a lot of times that something's going to happen. Especially with Greer and Brody on the alien ship. Talk about being on the edge of my seat. :)

Unfortunately Telford's return wasn't a surprised. *kicks MGM promo pics and self for watching them*

Loved "Resurgence". :D

I agree, even if you didn't see the promo pix Telfords return was no surprise when his named appeared in the opening credits. That was all the clue that you needed that he was going to be a factor in some way. Being he was last on the seeder ship does't take much guessing.

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 05:08 PM
Not sure if 'sexy' is the word, but totally awesome indeed. :)

LOL. Indeed :indeed:, awesome is the word. That was definitely the coolest combat mode on a ship on Stargate I've ever seen.

dgh64
December 1st, 2010, 06:01 PM
Huh, nobody's mentioned my favorite line of all time:

PARK: "You can't judge a neighborhood by a bunch of bad neighbors."
VOLKER: "Are you kidding? That's exactly what you judge a neighborhood by."

The pie thing was pretty good, too.

On a more serious note, I'm glad Eli does, in fact, have emotions. Even if they do come with a one-week delay.

And now we know how long they've been on the ship. 10 months.

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 06:05 PM
Huh, nobody's mentioned my favorite line of all time:

PARK: "You can't judge a neighborhood by a bunch of bad neighbors."
VOLKER: "Are you kidding? That's exactly what you judge a neighborhood by."

The pie thing was pretty good, too.

On a more serious note, I'm glad Eli does, in fact, have emotions. Even if they do come with a one-week delay.

That's how Stargate works. Character developments/certain plot developments in one episode aren't mentioned until two or three episodes after the initial developments. That's always how it's been, starting with SG-1. They don't mention anything that happened in the prior episode (in certain cases, especially with emotion scenes and loose ends). They wait until the episode after that to bring it up and tie up some of the loose ends. That's what makes Stargate so great.

Replicator Todd
December 1st, 2010, 06:28 PM
Chloe going commando in the end was definitely my favorite!

blueray
December 1st, 2010, 07:57 PM
definitely the beginning with rush's "don't make me come over there" actually that whole scene.

eli: "either the simulation is done or pie" not sure exactly what he said.

rush's speech to eli

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 08:02 PM
definitely the beginning with rush's "don't make me come over there" actually that whole scene.

eli: "either the simulation is done or pie" not sure exactly what he said.

rush's speech to eli

"It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi's done." That was really, really funny :lol:

garhkal
December 2nd, 2010, 01:47 AM

Not to knock it but i do know some people i have worked with who took 3-5 weeks to start showing emotions after a loved one died.. First we have denial it happened THEN regret/sadness..

Spimman
December 2nd, 2010, 05:05 AM

Eli: It was the simulation.

Even funnier is the people don't move over there until he confirms this, which makes me wonder if a pie was really cooking? :p

blueray
December 2nd, 2010, 05:15 AM
"It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pie's done." That was really, really funny :lol:

yeah, i too noticed no one paid attention to it until eli said the simulation was done.

Vanek26
December 2nd, 2010, 12:50 PM
I loved Eli's line about Halo not preparing him for this.

mi_guard
December 2nd, 2010, 01:50 PM
Rush to Eli: "Despite all that genius you could not save the life of the woman you loved.
Someone bigger and stronger came along and took her away from you and there wasn’t a thing you could do about it.
I am sure you were so blinded by rage even imagined getting revenge on the guy that killed her beating by ability at his own game even if you had, it would haven’t change a damned thing. You’d still wake up in the morning and she would still be dead."

In fact my impression was that he was speaking not to Eli, but to himself.

Loki0002
December 2nd, 2010, 05:58 PM
About Eli's statement...

Either Destiny has finished its simulation or pie is done.

He MUST have meant "pi", as in 3.14 etc etc. If he was talking about food he would have said "THE pie is done". As it is, he's a math wiz with a bigtime supercomputer at his disposal that can work on multiple bigtime problems at once - how could he resist throwing in "calculate pi to the last digit". He could have set it in motion months ago.

smart
December 3rd, 2010, 08:16 PM
I particularly enjoyed seeing Chloe at the end of the episode when she said it was too late to Scott. It added to both other action layer of the storyline in that what she had done, seemed to be negative for the ship and at the same time it added tension for the characters in terms of her relationships with Eli and Scott.

It also, shows how she is quickly beginning to deteriorate to a point where she is loosing a lot of herself.

I also enjoyed the scene between Camille and Eli. It shows a more sifter side to the character of Camille, who again acting as a kind friend as opposed to a authoritative , reserved individual.

At the same time we, gain insight to Eli, learning how he had a close relationship with Riley , from his memorial video and find him in the gateroom.

dgh64
December 4th, 2010, 06:41 AM
About Eli's statement...

Either Destiny has finished its simulation or pie is done.

He MUST have meant "pi", as in 3.14 etc etc. If he was talking about food he would have said "THE pie is done". As it is, he's a math wiz with a bigtime supercomputer at his disposal that can work on multiple bigtime problems at once - how could he resist throwing in "calculate pi to the last digit". He could have set it in motion months ago.

I agree with this. He's too smart to make basic gramatical errors.

thekillman
December 4th, 2010, 07:04 AM
it's called abbreviation.

work's done. pie's done. grammar is only a poor attempt at applying rules to spoken language.

Rylor
December 4th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Rush being annoyed with his colleagues on the bridge. "Mr. Brody, please don't make me come over there" :D
Brody and Greer. Several good lines there :)
TJ and Varro. I am glad Varro is sticking around, I hope we will learn more about his character.
*Beep* - "What the hell was that?!" - "It is Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that, or pie is done" - *No one moves* - "No, simulation" - *Everybody comes over* :D
Seed ship to the rescue!
Destiny in piggy-back-FTL with the Seed Ship
Volker had some pretty funny dialouge :)
Bat signal :D
Rush's speech to Eli
And of course, the space battles!

MattSilver 3k
December 7th, 2010, 11:07 PM

Yeah, but I lost out on a technicality aka impromptu banning. Maybe next year, jelgate. Maybe. Next. Year.

jelgate
December 8th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Yeah, but I lost out on a technicality aka impromptu banning. Maybe next year, jelgate. Maybe. Next. Year.

A technicality is still a lose

kirmit
December 8th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I really liked Eli's speech about how his whole world has been reduced to less than 100 people and you feel every loss. There's all the obvious stuff like the space battles, the seed ship etc, I also really liked how everyone was getting quick glimpses of the drones and reporting them before the battle started, really built the tension.

Lahela
December 10th, 2010, 10:28 PM
...really built the tension.

This! That's precisely what I liked best about the ep as a whole. The drone thing, the human moments, and the whale sized red herring that was the whole shuttle sequence - I kept expecting something to happen, tension building all the time, but it didn't feel at all like a let down when nothing actually happened on the alien wreck, it just felt kind of real. Brilliant construction and pacing.

*sigh* I love this show.