PDA

View Full Version : Compared to other mid-season finales.....

Ekras
November 30th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Well guys? How do you think this compares to other SG mid-season finales?

Systemlord Hades
November 30th, 2010, 07:08 PM
had more suspense then season 1

Pharaoh Atem
November 30th, 2010, 07:17 PM
beats camelot easily

J-Whitt Remastered
November 30th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Definitely one of my favorites. I was literally standing in front of my TV during the last few moments. I was expecting the Seeder to jump to FTL before the credits rolled.

CJ Master
November 30th, 2010, 07:39 PM
It was pretty meh. Whenever it puts the whole ship in "danger" rather then individual characters (besides Chloe,) you know they're all making it out alright.

WindowsME
November 30th, 2010, 07:40 PM
It was pretty meh. Whenever it puts the whole ship in "danger" rather then individual characters (besides Chloe,) you know they're all making it out alright.

Whenever any series isn't on their Series Finale, you know that everything will be alright.

rsanchez
November 30th, 2010, 07:41 PM
beats camelot easily

I have to disagree with you. Watching a galactic alliance being ripped to shreds by five ships is much more exciting than watching a bunch of drones attack the Destiny. There was even a nice knight side-story.

One thing's for sure, this sure beats season one's midseason finally.

SSJPabs
November 30th, 2010, 08:14 PM
rsanchez has the right of it here.

I'd say it beat the Atlantis season 4 mid-season finale as well. TBH I don't remember the season five midseason.

Pharaoh Atem
November 30th, 2010, 08:20 PM

I have to disagree with you. seeing rush being left behind was quite deserving and epic at the time

Gatefan1976
November 30th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I have to disagree with you. seeing rush being left behind was quite deserving and epic at the time

I never saw the point in "leaving rush behind"

Pharaoh Atem
November 30th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I never saw the point in "leaving rush behind"

rush was a cancer and was removed from the chess board

Gatefan1976
November 30th, 2010, 08:27 PM
rush was a cancer and was removed from the chess board

Ahh, what?
He was hardly "removed" at all. more like moved over whilst using another peice.

Egle01
December 1st, 2010, 01:42 AM
SG has pretty much always had strong (mid-)season finales. This one is not an exception.

thekillman
December 1st, 2010, 02:23 AM
I have to disagree with you. Watching a galactic alliance being ripped to shreds by five ships is much more exciting than watching a bunch of drones attack the Destiny. There was even a nice knight side-story.

four ships. also no i hated the "hatak schmatak" thing. i just KNEW there would be some cheap cop-out for those ships.

cause that's what SG does.

as the invincibility of the opponent increases, so does the lame-ness of the solution.

personally, i'd have taken Destiny, deployed the main weapons, devoted all power to shields and main weapon (ALL POWER), and just shot the command ship to hell. since that also shuts down the drones.

also i'd have the seed ship firing on destiny.

given the hopelessness of the people onboard destiny, i'd say the copout is gonna be relatively lame. i expect a retreat of the Command Ship (to deal with annother threat).

that, OR Chloe sends a signal which shuts them down. this of course will raise questions, especially with the Browns, so they disappear with their prized seed ship

lastly, i think it's kinda satisfying to have a mid-season two-parter which doesn't have individual characters at their own risk

FoX-1028
December 1st, 2010, 02:36 AM
One of the best cliffhangers of SG... best SGU ep for me.

garhkal
December 1st, 2010, 04:36 AM

In my rundown of what it beats.. is beaten by..

SGA season 1, the eye/storm. Sorry Resurgance, but the Eye/storm slightly pips you.
Season 2 the lost boys/the hive.. easily beats this.. Easily!
Season 3, The return parts 1 and 2... While good, it still lacked in comparison (based on the return part 1.
Season 4, This mortal coil/be all my sins remembered... This is a toughy. Though imo this was the 2nd best mid season 2 parter of the atlantis series, i still rate this weeks ep ahead of it.
Season 5, First contact/lost tribe.. though this was a great 2 parter, i am hard pressed to say it was ahead of TMC/BAMSR, therefore not ahead of this..

SG1
Season 1-6 didn't even have anything i would class as a mid season 2 parter. It was not till season 7 with Evolution parts 1 and 2, we got one. BUT this weeks ep was hands down better than Evolution pt1.
Season 8, didn't have one.
Season 9.. 4th horsemen part 1 and 2... Those 2 eps were epic.. Sorry SGU, but you got beat here.
Season 10, the quest pt 1 and 2.. Other than the comical dragon, and a little draging out by vala. This was epic as well.. BUT i would put it in a tie with resurgance.. Just on the action this ep alone.

also i'd have the seed ship firing on destiny.

Does the seed ship even have weapons?

ns2
December 1st, 2010, 07:20 AM
I don't think they do cause I never saw it fire
plus seed ships were not made for crew or battle

The Destiny
December 1st, 2010, 07:35 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw the seedship fire a couple of shots duing the last battle when all the drones head past the seedship to destiny.

I loved this mid season finale and I am psyched to find out more about this war.

Spimman
December 1st, 2010, 07:48 AM
I thought the final cliffhanger of the show was well done, they are left in peril and we'll have to wait and see how they get out of it. Pretty too to bring in an alien we saw once and now give them a name and pull us into their war with an unknown alien race.

Good cliff hanger and lots of options of the future.

joeynox
December 1st, 2010, 07:52 AM
I didn't feel any suspense at the end of the episode. I loved it but thought the cliffhanger could have been better.

thekillman
December 1st, 2010, 01:01 PM
I didn't feel any suspense at the end of the episode. I loved it but thought the cliffhanger could have been better.

i didn't either, but i did feel an incredible thrill.

Ekras
December 1st, 2010, 06:32 PM
Well now that we have some other opinions out there (I didn't want to bias the thread).... I thought this was an OK to good finale....

I'm not a big fan of cliffhanger endings to be honest. I'd rather things be somewhat wrapped up for the season. However because of the format of SGU it can't really count as a negative against it.

The space battle was incredible. Loved the Ursini too - Like proper aliens should, they don't seem to have human-like reasoning. Dragging the ship along to the battle was a perfect way of showing how alien they are. There were some lows for me however. I wanted a bit more about Telfords stay with the Ursini. I wanted a better look at the pods. They made a point of showing them to us, and I think they are going to play a role in the series somehow. I hated the stuff with TJ and Varro - didn't belong in this episode at all. Also the scene with the dog really sucked too.

Overall the series is defiantly looking up. Hopefully Sci-f...err Syfy will agree to pay for another season...