This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mercy moon View Post
    Yeah and their shipping rates have gone up to! Still at least it's officially available now ... that's my Xmas holidays sorted ... and Dr Who, of course!!
    Aye. I preferred their printing being based in the UK lol.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

yay. Finallly got my copy of homecoming.
      2 chapters in and I must say.. Its as good a read as the show was to watch.

They managed to capture the humor most excellently.
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
        yay. Finallly got my copy of homecoming.
        2 chapters in and I must say.. Its as good a read as the show was to watch.

They managed to capture the humor most excellently.
        Got my book today too. I'm in Germany and I ordered 6 days ago - nothing to complain about.
        sigpic

Comment

I just wish I had remebered to cancel my Amazon order.

nertz
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

A few weeks ago I received notification from Amazon that Atlantis Homecoming wouldn't be released until 2011, but then I received my copy a couple of days ago. I'm looking forward to reading it. I'm scheduling some uninterrupted me time, so I can sink into the book from beginning to end.
            My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Am now glad I didnt cancel my am order.
              Cause I hadn't had the first book a week and the cover has already fallen off.
              I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

Just received my copy. Read a few chapters already and am enjoying it.
                sigpic

Comment

The book depository cancelled my order for this the other day because they ran out of stock! I almost cried. I have been keen to read this since September.
                  sigpic

Comment

Just order direct from Fandy. I'm about another 100 from finishing this. It's been a great read so far.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                      Just order direct from Fandy. I'm about another 100 from finishing this. It's been a great read so far.
                      yeah, i'm about the same page ... it's a brilliant read! the best/most grown up SGA novel yet ... if there's ever a series 6, i hope jo graham writes it! (buy it todd fans - he's treated as a main cast member in this!)

EDIT : just finished 'homecoming' ... this book/series truly feels like season 6 ... as a huge todd fan i was originally worried how he would be developed, but the characterization is perfect - as is, with all the regulars. it's fantastic to finally learn more about them (with no reset button) all set against an authentic, threatening and building situation! the only bad thing being ... we have to wait until february for next installment!
                      Last edited by mercy moon; 24 December 2010, 02:05 PM.

Comment

I too just finished Homecoming. Just in time for Christmas where I had another 2 Atlantis novels waiting for me. The novel was pretty long and it managed to squeeze quite a lot in. There's a lot of setup in there, which is certainly needed to get Legacy moving along for the future novels.

I'm looking forward to hopefully getting some drastic changes. I want to see someone die and I want to see them use this lack of reset button. I eagerly awaiting The Lost.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi all,

Stargate Atlantis - Homecoming

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...ef=oss_product

I just bought this book of Amazon. It came up on my recommendations, which until recently had been full of only Star Trek Books. I went onto buy Star Trek Tyhon Pact Book 1, and ended up buying this as well.

I would like to thanks those on the Gateworld Podcast who have discussed these Fandemonium Books, as it stood out for me when i saw that publisher as being something recommended at some point in the podcast. I believe this is correct? I'm not sure who or when, but it rang a bell with me anyway.

With the end of SGU, and apparently no future for an Atlantis Movie, I'm happy that the adventures of McKay and Sheppard can continue in this form.

I hope that there can be as good a future for Stargate in this form as there has been for Star Trek and Star Wars. Indeed, i believe that the best of Trek and Wars has coming in the written form.

Thanks.
                          Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                          Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

http://www.whona.com/mm5/merchant.mv..._Code=stargate
                            This site has some copies of the book for sale, was looking for ebooks and this popped up on google, not really interested in buying the book so don't care if they run out any time soon. Have not ordered from them before so buyer beware.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure I got as much out of this book as everyone else did. Don't get me wrong, the parts of this book that are mission based were just pure good, totally awesome SGA, but there were some glaring character issues that I came across that just jolted me out of reading the book for a moment. I'd have to regroup and go back in. At about page 89, the character discrepancies got to be so great that I had to tell myself just think of this book like a STAR TREK Myriad Universes "what if" sort of a thing just to finish it. I was glad that Melissa made an apology for such problems in the author's note at the end though. But still...I'm not sure I hold out much hope for The Lost coming out soon. The Sheppard-Teyla-Torren thing and Teyla all of a sudden basically abandoning her people and son...I don't know. That's all I can really say, I just don't know.
                              sigpic

Comment

This started out as a comment on the post immediately above mine, but grew to become a long, rambling... thing... about my opinion on this novel and hopes for the future of the "Legacy" series. Spoilered due to length, but I hope you will read it anyway.

Spoiler:
                                Actually, one of my favourite things about the novel was how the relationships between Sheppard-Teyla-Kanaan developed. From the pilot and throughout the series, I've felt there was something going on between Sheppard and Teyla, something more than the deep friendship bond the team as a whole has. There have been many little things, and I don't remember them all, because I'm not a "shipper" ( of any Stargate pairing ), but I do remember some.

For example when Sheppard was unconscious during the search for Teyla when she was kidnapped, he dreamed about them having a romantic dinner, and when Teyla told Elizabeth in the Fran body her son's name, Elizabeth thought Sheppard was the father. Somehow I never felt the chemistry between Teyla and Kanaan in the same way. I realize this is just personal opinion and not definite canon, but I'm just trying to explain why the evolution of the Sheppard-Teyla-Kanaan relationship felt right to me, and was actually one of my favourite parts of the book. I thought it was cute, but also a bit sad, how she'd been holding back from showing her feelings for him because she knows about Earth humans' sexual/relationship taboos and is afraid he wouldn't respect her.

Also, I don't see any ( sudden ) "abandonment" of her people on Teyla's part. Whatever is happening has been happening for a long time already. But then I don't remember the details of a book very well after only having read it once, so I may have glossed something over in my memory.

However the discussion on the subject between Teyla and Rodney... I don't know. I think Rodney showed a little too much understanding of the complex, subtle relationship issues. In the beginning of the TV-series he was a rude, arrogant person with no social graces and very little understanding of relationships. During the course of the series he changed and learned, and especially during "Tao of Rodney". But I never got the impression he'd progressed that far.

Not too sure about the "Guide" business either. ( He'll always be "Todd" to me..! ) And "Queen Death"? Really?! ( I'm sorry but I just think that name sounds... tacky... ) I always felt Wraith had a different concept of names and identities than humans, due to their telepathic nature. But I'm going to pretend those names are just a very inexact translation for the benefit of human readers. I hope we'll see more of Wraith culture in the future books. I'm not one of the "Wraith Worshippers" but I'd like to see more of them, more of what makes them alien not only physically, but how they function as a civilization, with each other, not just with their food.

I liked the beginning of the novel, on Earth, the most. This is where we see how the situation the characters are in affects them and their plans for the future. Then they travel back to the Pegasus Galaxy and... well, we're back to the adventures. I liked seeing Sora back, I liked that character and what she went through and learned in the series. I hope to see her grow more in the books. I like how this is a longer series, which means there'll be room both for plenty of character/relationship development and a long, complex plot. I'm also eagerly anticipating the hopefully upcoming Rodney "whumping" in the next book.

Even though it's been said there's no "reset button", somehow I still don't think they're going to kill any of the main characters. But if the movie is ever made, "Legacy" will be relegated to an AU anyway, so I guess they can take some chances they wouldn't take in canon. I thought for a moment that Jennifer was going to stay on Earth ( which I would've loved because I don't like to see "my" Rodney have a girlfriend! ).

I wonder if what I read in a spoiler somewhere, ( possible spoiler for future books )
                                Spoiler:
                                that there was one relationship where the two would be growing apart ( or something like that ), is Teyla and Kanaan ( or if they never had a "relationship" in the first place ), or if it's Rodney and Keller. There did seem to be some doubts from Rodney about their future together. Yeah I know, it could be wishful thinking on my part!

Loved the kitten! A kitten on Atlantis! I would have loved to see that on-screen ( I'm a huge cat lover )! Carson better watch out!
                                Last edited by Tinah; 14 January 2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X