PDA

View Full Version : Stargate SGA/SG-1 all seasons on blu-ray??

Duneknight
November 16th, 2010, 08:12 AM
when are we gonna get to see a blu-ray SGA/SG-1? I thought about that again when I saw the complete set sold for $80 today only deal, and It would just be great if there was SG-1 in HD. It would be like seeing it for the first time again. The only problem would be the old vfx. But when are we gonna get it anyway!?

Replicator Todd
November 16th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Possibly never unfortunately. You don't see older shows like X-Files or Buffy on Blu-Ray. SGA has a higher chance of blu-ray releases than SG1 IMO.

Gamma626
February 15th, 2011, 02:31 PM
We don't see those shows because they haven't been put out yet. Studios are getting mediocre sales from new shows. We won't see old ones for a long while.

SG-1 may have had it's effects done in 480. I'm not sure. That'd be a big factor.

TuKwick_1
July 20th, 2011, 02:00 AM
bluray/HD makes some shows go from sweet looking to completely unrealistic

HarryC
October 21st, 2013, 05:36 PM
Possibly never unfortunately. You don't see older shows like X-Files or Buffy on Blu-Ray. SGA has a higher chance of blu-ray releases than SG1 IMO.

You are probably right, but I can't help wondering why a 60's TV series (StarTrek), made it to Blu ray yet a 90's TV series can't.
While reading comments on the Gateworld website, couple of years ago, a fan who worked just that industry, said it's not the 16 mm print issue, it's more likely a money issue.
I even went to the MGM website and asked them to put me on a list of interested customers. I didn't hear back from them.

rkgardner2003
October 22nd, 2013, 05:21 AM
bluray/HD makes some shows go from sweet looking to completely unrealistic

I did read that in reviews about SGA on Blu-ray, that's why I ended up buying the DVD set instead.