Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite comic book based movies anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite comic book based movies anyone?

Mine are:

Superman 1, 2 and Returns.
    Batman Begins and Dark Knight.
    Sin City.
    Watchmen.
    Heavy Metal.
    Akira.
    Ghost in The Shell 1 & 2.
    Batman Mask of the Phantasm and Under the Red Hood.
    Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (aka Warriors of the Wind).
    Road to Perdition.
    A History of Violence.
    Riki-Oh The Story of Ricky.
    Dicktracy.
    Kickass.
    Oldboy.
    Ichi The Killer.
    Tales from The Crypt 1972 and Vault of Horror.
    Spider-Man 1 & 2.
    X-Men 1 & 2.
    Iron Man 1 & 2.
    Blade 1 & 2.
    The Crow.
    Cemetery Man.
    Scott Pilgrem vs. The World.
    The Rocketeer.
    V For Vendetta.
    The Mask.
    Hellboy 1 & 2.
    American Splendor.
    Persopolis.
    Fritz The Cat.
    Flash Gordon.
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Movie.
    Fist of the North Star (1986 anime).
    Batman 1966, Batman 1989 and Batman Returns.
    The Incredible Hulk (2008).

Many from your list.

And:

Asterix

I want to see Thorgal as a movie.
    sigpic

Comment

I pick Hellboy 1 & 2 as my fav. comic based movies. Blade trilogy are a second. Spiderman 1 & 2 are third.
      The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

The Crow and Hellboy. Especially The Crow movie is much better than the comic IMO. The Blade trilogy was pretty good too
        sigpic

Comment

from your list, mine are:
          Sin City.
          Watchmen.
          Heavy Metal.
          A History of Violence.
          Kickass.
          Tales from The Crypt 1972 and Vault of Horror.
          X-Men 1 & 2.
          Iron Man 1 & 2.
          Blade 1 & 2.
          The Crow.
          V For Vendetta.
          Hellboy 1 & 2.
          American Splendor.

to that I'll add the Wolverine Origins movie and I can't be the only person that liked the Hulk and Ghost Rider

I've got another one floating around in my brain but it won't come loose at the moment, drat!
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Kickass
            Wolverine
            X-men 2
            Hellboy 1
            Batman Begins
            Superman Returns
            Iron Man 1 & 2
            The incredible Hulk
            The Crow

There are allot of comicbook adaptations, some aren't really that good, which just gives you the feeling that they just made a movie of it so they arent left behind.

Comment

Top five (no particular order):

Spider-man 2
              Incredible Hulk
              Dark Knight
              Iron Man
              X-men 2

Comment

The Dark Knight
                Iron Man
                Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
                Batman: Under the Red Hood
                X2
                Sin City
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Superman.
                  Superman II.
                  Batman.
                  Batman Begins.
                  The Dark Knight.
                  X-Men 2.
                  Sin City.
                  Watchmen.
                  V For Vendetta.
                  Road To Perdition.
                  Ghost In The Shell.
                  Oldboy.
                  Death Note.
                  Death Note: The Last Name.

Comment

I have to agree with most of what people have listed, so I will add something new,

Captain America, yes the early 90s version. The DC Animated Movies (unlike Marvel, DC are releasing quality film on DVD rather than flooding cinema with crap movies), DC Animated Universe movies (excluding Batman and the Batwoman, but Batman/Superman Movie is brilliant). Hulk vs Thor/Wolverine, Men In Black (yeah, was based on a comic book).

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      (excluding Batman and the Batwoman,
                      Have you seen Under the Red Hood? I thought it was excellent. So much so that I wish it had been part of the DCAU proper.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yeah. 'V for Vendetta' was nice (but didn't the comic book author dislike it or something?). Bald Natalie Portman was cute.

re: Ghost in the Shell
                        I loved the comics, but the first movie took me some time to like. (as opposed to the SAC and SAC 2nd Gig series, those were great from the start, IMHO)
                        Don't get me wrong, tho', I still liked the GitS movie (hehehe, I own this on Laserdisc), as well as GitS:Innocence (the visuals were awesome. I loved that gothic-like church with Chinese deities on the buttresses/towers).

re: Akira
                        Awesome anime. One of my favourites from way back. Still, I can't compare it to the comic book...as I haven't read most of the stuff.

re: Nausicaa
                        I haven't read the comic, but I loved this one, too. Then again, most stuff from Studio Ghibli is great.

re: 300
                        Yup. Nice movie. IMHO, it does justice to the comic.

There's also another Production IG anime that I like that's based on, or ties-in with, a comic: Jin-roh
                        (I have the Dark Horse translation for that. Hellhounds, I think).
                        sigpic

Comment

Batman Begins
                          The Dark Knight
                          V for Vendetta
                          Iron Man
                          X-Men 1& 2
                          Wolverine
                          Hellboy 2
                          The Crow
                          Batman
                          Spiderman 1&2
                          Blade
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                            re: Ghost in the Shell
                            I loved the comics, but the first movie took me some time to like. (as opposed to the SAC and SAC 2nd Gig series, those were great from the start, IMHO)
                            Don't get me wrong, tho', I still liked the GitS movie (hehehe, I own this on Laserdisc), as well as GitS:Innocence (the visuals were awesome. I loved that gothic-like church with Chinese deities on the buttresses/towers).

re: Akira
                            Awesome anime. One of my favourites from way back. Still, I can't compare it to the comic book...as I haven't read most of the stuff.
                            I love GITS manga but I thought both movies were horrible. The biggest issue I have with the movies is Kusanagi, who is nothing like the character we see in the manga. SAC on the other hand was awesome and Kusanagi rocked

Akira too, was awful as a movie. Visually very impressive but overall very poor piece of work compared to the manga.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leleth View Post
                              I love GITS manga but I thought both movies were horrible. The biggest issue I have with the movies is Kusanagi, who is nothing like the character we see in the manga. SAC on the other hand was awesome and Kusanagi rocked
                              I wouldn't say they were 'horrible'...just, 'different'. A 'deviation' from the source material, perhaps? IMHO, one of the most glaring differences: the lack of humour in both GitS and GitS: Innocence (esp. from Batou, I think...but even from the Major). The absence of the Fuchi/Tachikomas, too.
                              I just hope there'll be more GitS stuff in the future, particularly from the SAC side of things.

Akira too, was awful as a movie. Visually very impressive but overall very poor piece of work compared to the manga.
                              Heh. I really should get around to reading the manga... Someday.
                              (I only have ONE issue of the comic
                              Spoiler:
                              where the last panel shows either Tetsuo or Akira, I forget, on the deck of an aircraft carrier
                              ...I think I've seen the large volumes available, but I'm into other sci-fi at the moment )
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X