Fallout New Vegas Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallout New Vegas Discussion

Anyone else playing/played Fallout New Vegas? such a good game.

I haven't played it. I was thinking of getting it. Is it worth getting?
    sigpic

Comment

I am waiting for the inevitable Game of the Year edition before I get it.

Comment

LOVING IT! Got the voice talents of

1) Michael Dorn

2) Michael Hogan

3) Rene Auberjonois

4) Matthew Perry

Aside from the voice talent, there is MUCH more to do than in Fallout 3. Loads of side missions (75, I believe) overall well worth the £70 I paid for (CE)

Comment

I got it yesterday and so far it's been pretty good. Not sure if I like some of the tweaks they've made but hopefully they will grow on me.

How do you guys prefer playing the game first time through, do you play as a good guy or a bad guy? I seem to have fallen into playing a good guy so far.

Comment

I am playing as the good guy, trying not to piss anyone off but its getting tough.

Comment

I'm waiting for the price to drop first, and then I'll probably get it. I did get Fable 3, and have beat it twice now. I did it better the second time as might be expected... Next time I'm thinking of playing it evil...
              The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
              Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
              My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
              Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Spoiler:
                Has anyone chosen a side to fight for? I've killed Mr House but haven't decided whether to go independant or NCR.

Comment

Lol, I've logged 50 hours now, and I gotta be one of the most neutral *******s in the entire gameverse, even though some of the stuff the Legion has pulled sickens me to a point where I want to slaughter them all (But, at the same time, I don't want to miss out on potential missions and experience by giving in to my baser desire to kill the dudes).

The game's awesome, though the fact I never played Fallout 3 might have something to do with it. Great voice acting talent (Felicia Day <3), killer humour at times, and some really awesome self-contained stories in the tiniest of locations (Camp Searchlight, Vault 11, Novac... and many more). Having fun playing with guns big and small, enjoying the hell out of the music - BIG IRON ON HIS HIIIIIIIPPPPPPP.

50 hours in, and I still got tons to do. Awesome game, well worth the money.

I am playing as the good guy, trying not to piss anyone off but its getting tough.
                  One of the tricks I've learnt is to really not kill anybody you don't have to. If you think you're going to get into a situation that'll piss somebody off for a bit, ditch your companions somewhere (They're trigger happy guys in general) and do what you have to... and then run like hell if they start shooting. Of course, if what you do manages to gain Infamy, you're screwed, but if it doesn't, then you're fine. For example...

Spoiler:
                  There were two miniquests that involved rescuing hostages from the Legion. I ditched ED-E and Boone somewhere and went into the camps, and then released the slaves. No infamy was gained from that, but I knew that killing them wouldn't help things. So I didn't. Luckily, one time a passing NCR patrol starting fighting them so I was able to get away (After looting the corpses, of course), and the other time I was able to lead fifteen Legion soldiers and their commander dude all the way from Nelson to Camp Forlorn Hope, where they were ****ing slaughtered by every NCR guy there. Which was awesome to see. I got me some Ears and Dogtags, a bit of positive karma for saving the hostages, and the Legion are okay with me still. It's awesome.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Great game, great story, great gameplay great everything

Cept thought the soundtrack could have been better

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
                    LOVING IT! Got the voice talents of

1) Michael Dorn

2) Michael Hogan

3) Rene Auberjonois

4) Matthew Perry

Aside from the voice talent, there is MUCH more to do than in Fallout 3. Loads of side missions (75, I believe) overall well worth the £70 I paid for (CE)
                    You forgot Danny Trejo and Wayne Newton

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Has anyone chosen a side to fight for? I've killed Mr House but haven't decided whether to go independant or NCR.
                    probs gonna go with mr house myself, don't know yet
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      I am waiting for the inevitable Game of the Year edition before I get it.
                      Same here. I bought Fallout 3 when it came out and then they put out 5 DLCs afterwards.... I can wait another year or more for some kind of special edition for this one. I'm waiting for a Mass Effect 2 one.

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                      How do you guys prefer playing the game first time through, do you play as a good guy or a bad guy? I seem to have fallen into playing a good guy so far.
                      Good guy for these type games. Then I go back and play the other way.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Does anyone know at what point you are forced to betray one of the major groups? I did a quest for Yes Man and I got a quests that basically said "If you work with group x then group y will hate you" - I keep doing a quest every now and then for these groups but it hasn't triggered the hate yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                          Does anyone know at what point you are forced to betray one of the major groups? I did a quest for Yes Man and I got a quests that basically said "If you work with group x then group y will hate you" - I keep doing a quest every now and then for these groups but it hasn't triggered the hate yet.
                          Well I did a quest today that had me finally give up on being nice to the Legion and start shooting them, but it was likely that I could've avoided that whole thing (Both the quest and having me or my companions kill some Legion folk. There were NCR standing there at the ready and everything.). And there was this one text prompt that could've had me help the Legion destroy Ranger Station Echo or something... So no actual forced betrayals yet for me.
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Is the single player gameplay long? I hate getting a game and it's takes me a couple of days to complete. Call of duty and Medal of honor are bad for that. But Rainbow six, Metal gear solid and Resident evil have awesome gameplay in them
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              Is the single player gameplay long? I hate getting a game and it's takes me a couple of days to complete. Call of duty and Medal of honor are bad for that. But Rainbow six, Metal gear solid and Resident evil have awesome gameplay in them
                              I've been playing for nearly 60 hours now, but I've gone nuts exploring every nook and cranny and spending time agonising over moral choices and such... But the main story? Probably still 20-25-odd hours depending on how difficult the final missions are (As such you'll need to do other missions to gain experience). I haven't gotten that far yet, still screwing around outside of Vegas.

Comment

Working...
                              X