Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminator: TSCC (will there be a movie?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminator: TSCC (will there be a movie?)

I know there's a thread for discussing the TV show, but I'd like to start a new thread for discussing wether or not there may be a movie to wrap up the show's cliffhanger. Note, this thread will feature spoilers on how the show ended, so... ya might want to click your back button if you didn't see the finale.

That said... I would love to see FOX commit to a two-part movie or two-night miniseries. Part 1 could deal with John Connor in the future with Part 2 having Connor return to the present and defeat Skynet once and for all. I don't know how the story would play out, but that seems like a simple way to structure it. A two-night movie event would basically be 90 minutes per night without commercials which is three hours total. Three hours would be plenty of time to wrap up the show's loose ends.

In all probability, the only new movie we will see is one based on the film series and not the TV show, but still...

There was a campaign to save the show shortly after it was cancelled but it is more or less inactive now. Were rumours of a possible movie but there has been no word about it in quite some time.

Comment

I'd love to see a movie. I really want to see a movie getting made. But chances of that happening are slim probably.
      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

A movie, to wrap a TV series, which was based on part (but not all!) of an existing film franchise. My head is spinning already
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Imagine that. Summer Glau on the big screen. In 3D... Oh, I'd go see that movie several times.

Comment

it wouldn't make sense too people would think its terminator 5
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Be more likely to be a TV movie if it ever happens.

Comment

Tanish:Fans can campaign all they want, but it's ultimately up to FOX (I think) as to wether a TV movie is made. A miniseries would be asking too much, but a two-night TV movie... I think that would be reasonable, especially if it were to be shown while shows are on hiatus.

Jper: We've seen Summer Glau on the big screen in Serenity.

Atem: I can see how people would think it's T5. That's why it would need to be a TV movie. Plus, if it's a TV movie shown as a two-parter across two nights... They can merge the two 90-minute halves into a three-hour film for the DVD.

Comment

But not yet in 3D...

Comment

LOL i think Peter griffin said it best " I dont Understand why we need another terminator Movie" A show would be better !
                    sigpic
                    Kenton Canada

Comment

I would rather want a renewal. In the end another movie is just going to screw up the Storyline completly.
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

If the show was going to get renewed, fall of 2009 would have been the time. American TV shows don't come back from cancellation unless it's in the form of a spinoff or remake.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                          If the show was going to get renewed, fall of 2009 would have been the time. American TV shows don't come back from cancellation unless it's in the form of a spinoff or remake.
                          Family Guy, Futurama, and Jericho would like a word
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Cartoons are a poor comparison, because all you need is animators and voice actors, some of whom can voice many characters. A live-action TV show is so much more than that. In regards to Jericho, it didn't return from cancellation. CBS simply changed it's mind and brought it back in the spring instead of the fall. When I say that American TV shows don't return from cancellation; I'm talking about after the sets are torn down, props dispersed, actors and production team found new work, and so on. Once that's happened, the show's done for.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                              Cartoons are a poor comparison, because all you need is animators and voice actors, some of whom can voice many characters. A live-action TV show is so much more than that.
                              I'm not sure you realize how much production is involved. The only REAL difference is sets/props. Don't sell cartoons short just because they aren't live-action; much of the production process is exactly the same.

And Jericho DID get canceled, not just seasonally shifted. A second year was only ordered after the enormous fan campaign to save it. The spring shift came later.

Comment

Working...
                              X