Alien 5, any news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien 5, any news?

Does anyone know what's going on with Alien 5? After the disaster that was AVP2, Fox decided to cancel AVP3 and go forward with separate Alien and Predator films. Rather than follow on from Resurrection, the new movie is suppose to be a prequel to the original film. I've read it will take place about thirty years before Ripley's first encounter, and we will see the aliens in new and scary forms. Both Alien 3 and AVP2 showed us that the aliens will take on the traits of their hosts. I'm hoping the new film will be in the vein of the original. While I've enjoyed the action oriented sequels and spinoffs, a return to spooky mystery with the terror of the unkown would be welcome and refreshing.

If there was any news it would probably be put into the Alien prequel thread that already exists.

Comment

There's a prequel thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
        There's a prequel thread?
        there's a prequel???
        I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Yes, there are two prequels: Alien vs. Predator and Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem. Rather than a third AVP film, the next prequel will be set in the future some thirty years before the original film.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
            Yes, there are two prequels: Alien vs. Predator and Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem. Rather than a third AVP film, the next prequel will be set in the future some thirty years before the original film.
            The AVP don't really count as prequels, at least I haven't seen anyone acknowledge them as prequels. Here is the prequel thread.

Comment

I just hope they get around to something like 'Aliens: Colonial Marines' and maybe feature a 'Berserker' in it as well.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                I just hope they get around to something like 'Aliens: Colonial Marines' and maybe feature a 'Berserker' in it as well.
                Gearbox is making a Colonial Marines videogame.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  Gearbox is making a Colonial Marines videogame.
                  Yeah, I know, but I'd like to see a movie. Maybe get back James Cameron? (Aliens is my favourite in the entire franchise. The others were, for me, so-so, if not disappointing: Alien3 was a 'only a bit' disappointing, but Resurrection and the AvP movies...)
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X