There's already been a Starship Troopers cartoon
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
      There's already been a Starship Troopers cartoon
      Yeah, but it was only slightly better than the movie.

A version of 'Starship Troopers' made to be like the 'Dune' or 'Children of Dune' mini-series, in treatment, would be nice.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post

A version of 'Starship Troopers' made to be like the 'Dune' or 'Children of Dune' mini-series, in treatment, would be nice.
        The franchise as a whole wasnt that great hey i say let it rest in peace
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Oh I dunno. I loved the book. If it's 'faithful' to the book (including the discussions on society/politics and military institutions, as I liked those parts of the book), then it'd be nice to see it made as a mini-series.

The movie, IMHO, was, to put it lightly, bad. (didn't the director say something along the line that it was a parody of the book?) And, as I said, IMHO, the cartoons were only slightly better.
          sigpic

Comment

Oh I dunno. I loved the book. If it's 'faithful' to the book (including the discussions on society/politics and military institutions, as I liked those parts of the book), then it'd be nice to see it made as a mini-series.

The movie, IMHO, was, to put it lightly, bad. (didn't the director say something along the line that it was a parody of the book?) And, as I said, IMHO, the cartoons were only slightly better.
            OH i didnt say the franchise was bad, i merely stated that it wasnt great

There are better franchises that deserve to be brought back before this......Babylon 5, Star Trek, Blake 7, heck even Lexx
            Last edited by mr_kennedy; 07 October 2010, 11:53 PM.
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing that
              sigpic

Comment

The reason why I think starship troopers would make a good show or atleast mini series is because 1 it's scifi and 2 because theshow can follow the characters as the travel from planet to planet fighting creatures and establishing bases. But something like this would have to be a dramaish type of show do I guess Boone will watch it just like sgu,caprica

Comment

so...you'd rather it be like the ST cartoon?

I'd rather a short (Dune/Children of Dune length, or longer) adaptation of Heinlein's book, with 'accurate' depictions of the tech and tactics of the Mobile Infantry, as well as the various discussions on politics/mil. and stuff. In my mind, it would be 'talky' and a bit slow-paced. I mean, if memory serves, there wasn't that much 'action' in the ST book (I've only read it twice, and it's been a while).

At the moment, tho', I think I'd prefer a 'faithful' adaptation of the Honor Harrington stuff.
                  TV needs more epic space battles. (and if they do make an Honorverse mini-series/show/whatever, the combat better be 'accurate' and not 'dumbed down' )
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                    OH i didnt say the franchise was bad, i merely stated that it wasnt great

There are better franchises that deserve to be brought back before this......Babylon 5, Star Trek, Blake 7, heck even Lexx
                    Well...there was only really one book in the 'Starship Troopers' setting, right?

And, yes, there are other franchises that I'd rather see brought back before another take on ST. *cough* Farscape and SG-1 */cough*
                    sigpic

Comment

Womble will be all over this thread like a rash any second.

Comment

have you seen starship trooper 2 and 3
                        sigpic
                        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                          have you seen starship trooper 2 and 3
                          Yeah and they sucks.

But the original movie is one of the best sci-fi of all time imo. It's campy, crazy, intelligent, socially relevant. Almost prescient in it's similitude with the current Iraq war and the propagenda behind it.

What would be great would be another movie but only if you can make it with a big budget and writers who can write some social commentary in their sci-fi movies. Making it a great mix of blood gushing violence and body dismemberments with a little touch of cynism, satire and intelligence.

Come on you apes. You want to live forever?
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I actually havent seen the sequels because the first one made me queezy jk i just didnt like it
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

I really liked the cartoon they had. But then again I was a young kid at the time and don't remember many of the details, just that I enjoyed watching it in when it was on TV.

I thought the original movie was pretty bad so I never bothered to watch the sequels. From what I've seen it just doesn't seem like this story can be portrayed in a successful way.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X