This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roswell (1999-2002)

Do you remember Roswell, a science-fiction drama thar aired from 1999-2002? Each of the show's three seasons were distinctly unique. It was a teen drama, but the acting and writing was brilliant. Immature at times, but brilliant. It was like The X Files downscaled to a small town from the perspective of highschoolers. The producers and writers guessed the third season to be the last, so most of the storylines ended in the final seven episodes. It felt like a planned ending. However, the fate of the characters were left up in the air just incase the show got renewed. There was talk of a movie at some point. With the show's storylines wrapped up, all a movie would have to do is restablished the characters. After nine years, I think the ship has sailed, though.

I remember that show. I loved for the first 2 seasons but didn't really like the third season
    sigpic

Comment

I love Roswell! I own all 3 seasons, and I've been trying to get the follow-up books for a while now.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

My favorite Sci Fi series, very well written acted and filmed. Unfortunately went the way of most series in this genre. Much better than Stargate *Runs and hides from incoming attack*
        http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
        sigpic

Comment

There's nothing wrong with liking the show more than Stargate.

Comment

I vaguely remember the show because it was on right before something good which I really liked, probably Stargate

in any case Roswell had too much of a teen drama air attached to it, the kind that also put me off the young superman series.

unfortunately this thread reminds me how old I'm gettting I didn't know Roswell was that old already
            I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

one of my favorites
              the first two seasons were brilliant
              unfortunately in the third season they neglected the scifi in favor of drama
              and none of the characters got to realize their true potential or even fully
              remember who they really are.
              it's a shame how it ended

Comment

I liked the show. I didn't find it in till after if was canceled.

Comment

I watched the first season and some of the second season, but I slowly got bored with it and eventually stopped watching *shrugs*
                  sigpic

Comment

I loved Roswell, but I have to say the last season wasn't very good. The first season was amazing though. Whenever I see Katherine Heigl I think 'Oh there's Izzy", lol.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X