NIKITA 2010 - Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NIKITA 2010 - Discussion/Speculation

Anyone else catch the Pilot? I live in the UK so I'll be watching it tonight via 'other means'. From the traliers I've seen it looks pretty good, plus anything with Xander Bakerly (sp?) in it is worth watching!

I didn't see it but I was a bit curious about it when I saw mention of it. Is it like the older USA(I think thats the channel it aired on in the US) series La Femme Nikita? I used to really like that show.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      I didn't see it but I was a bit curious about it when I saw mention of it. Is it like the older USA(I think thats the channel it aired on in the US) series La Femme Nikita? I used to really like that show.
      I never really cared for the original much, compared to today the acting sucks imho so never really saw the ending to that one. From what I can gather it looks like a continuation & a remake.

Comment

Ive got the pilot to watch, so im going to watch it tomorrow if i have time
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

I plan on watching the replay of it tonight. Yeah, it's a continuation of the other tv series so I read the story picks up with her not working for Section One anymore.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

OH, I havent seen the original, I thought it was a reboot
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

Do you need to have seen the original show to be able watch this? I seen it advertised and wanted to check it out but I didn't know it was a continuation of a previous show.
              sigpic

Comment

Watched it this morning, not 2 bad i kinda want to watch La Femme Nikita now

Originally posted by Captain Yesterday View Post
                Do you need to have seen the original show to be able watch this? I seen it advertised and wanted to check it out but I didn't know it was a continuation of a previous show.
                Sort of, it does brush up on a few things from the previous show, i was still able to follow it and i havent seen the previous show
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

it's a far cry from the original which was awesome

seems to me you don't have to watch the original, the characters are based on the original but they don't line up perfectly and neither is the story.
                  to be honest it's kind of disappointing if you really liked the original like I did, because it seems to have a different tone.
                  the original was intimate and more about suspense, the menacing thing about the Section wasn't that they enslave their agents and kill people, it's that they made them into emotionless calculating practically inhuman beings, and so were their superiors.
                  the only way to survive the constant little tests and mind games was to be a robot.

but this show seems more of an action packed bring down the evil organization thing

Comment

I never followed the other Nikita TV series, but I do remember the movie (Bridget Fonda, right?).

The show now is quite interesting (having Maggie Q helps lots! ), and the ending of the premiere was quite a surprise.
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought the premiere was pretty good. I liked the surprise at the end otherwise I really didn't care about that particular storyline.

I use to watch the original, though I don't remember the details all that well, but this new version seems to have potential.

It seems to have done fairly well in the ratings considering it went up against the highest rated regular season primetime NFL game in 13 years in the preliminary metered market ratings. I watched the football game and caught the replay of Nikita on Friday night.

Updated TV Ratings: ‘NFL Kickoff’ Soars ; ‘Vampire Diaries’ Falls; ‘Nikita’ Equals ‘Supernatural’

Outside of the NFL universe, the CW’s Vampire Diaries second season premiere scored a 1.6 adults 18-49 rating (that’s down 24% from the series premiere last year). While the series premiere of Nikita drew a 1.4 adults 18-49 rating, that’s identical to Supernatural’s season premiere in that timeslot last season.

In the youth demos that the CW focuses on Vampire Diaries scored a 2.8 rating for women 18-34 down 7% from last year’s series premiere, and a 1.9 for adults 18-34 (down 14%). Nikita scored a 1.9 for women 18-34 (up 12% from last season’s Supernatural premiere) and a 1.3 for adults 18-34 (down 13% from Supernatural).

My guess is that the CW’s emotions are mixed. They have to be reasonably happy with the Nikita numbers, but they cannot be happy with the Vampire Diaries numbers.
                      Last edited by LoneStar1836; 11 September 2010, 08:09 AM.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

i watched because i like to give all new shows a look see didn't exspect to like it too much but i will probably watch a few more to see where they go with it!

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13277740719861

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                          it's a far cry from the original which was awesome

seems to me you don't have to watch the original, the characters are based on the original but they don't line up perfectly and neither is the story.
                          to be honest it's kind of disappointing if you really liked the original like I did, because it seems to have a different tone.
                          the original was intimate and more about suspense, the menacing thing about the Section wasn't that they enslave their agents and kill people, it's that they made them into emotionless calculating practically inhuman beings, and so were their superiors.
                          the only way to survive the constant little tests and mind games was to be a robot.

but this show seems more of an action packed bring down the evil organization thing
                          Thats kinda how I felt. I really enjoyed the old series and I was used to the actors portraying the characters. I'm going to try watching more of this series but try to pretend that its about different people and has nothing to do with the other series. I'll probably enjoy it more that way.
                          sigpic

Comment

I like it. Though I've never watched the other show. I do like the fact that they are adding to the original Nikita instead of a re make. Two episodes in and it's becoming a new favourite for me.
                            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

so do you really need to watch the 1997-2001 series to watch this one? i watched the pilot and thought it was quite good.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X